Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Cooter and Ken's Crash

sounds like good news to me...

do i need to call my people who know people yet?
    -t

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Hey everybody! Thanks for everybodies concern as it's definetly a good thing to be in one piece after body surfing across the expressway

Brett, Kim, and I just got back from the highway and brought the ladder back in the pickup. We have some investigative work to do since we only have the letters 'SGI' stenciled in four locations to go on. Hopefully we'll find the shithead who didn't have the time to secure this to his vehicle properly.

Fortunately everybody is ok except for minor cuts and bruises so we're pretty damn lucky all things considered.

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Cooter, Ken or Kim, did you guys get to talk to the state troopers?
    What did they say?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Cooter and Ken's Crash

yeah we talked to them. They said they will let the officers from yesterday know so that they can add that to the reports. They were obviously not too concerned. We took the ladder back with us and are doing everything to find out what the letters stand for. I used a guys cell phone to call my parents, the number was still on their caller ID so I called him back and left a message. Hopefully he saw something, he was right behind the car I hit so he may have seen up ahead. We'll keep you posted on what we find

[Edited on 5/6/02 by Teez]

Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Hey everybody! Thanks for everybodies concern as it's definetly a good thing to be in one piece after body surfing across the expressway

Brett, Kim, and I just got back from the highway and brought the ladder back in the pickup. We have some investigative work to do since we only have the letters 'SGI' stenciled in four locations to go on. Hopefully we'll find the shithead who didn't have the time to secure this to his vehicle properly.
    You should start your search with the Ass of General Contractors, I believe they have an office in Boston, There is also an Ass of Sub contactors,, If you find some of the groups that represent the trades of the area you might have a chance of making sense of the initials.. Only large companies use intials to mark there equipment..Most smaller companies use their entire name or no one would recognize there name,, Theft of ladders is quite common on a job site and that is the only reason the initials would be on the ladder. I would also contact Chuck to make sure you avoid simple misstakes or conclusions..Glad you guys are ok..

Cooter and Ken's Crash

OMG what a day you all had. I just got off the phone with Mark (I know who Oreo is, but I'm not sure who cooter is -- is he the 6'2" guy that bought a yellow SuperHawk from Brockton Cycle Center?)

Anyway, given the situation it sounds like you all did a good job at minimizing the potential disastrous event.

As a side note, if you are able to locate the owner of the ladder, you will obviously not have to pay a deductible, regardless, you should NOT be charged any surcharge points. This accident, including Teez's hitting of the car in the next lane was certainly not your fault. If you have collision coverage, your bike will be repaired under your own policy, if not, it is imperitive that you locate the ladder owner. The cost to repair or replace the motorcycle (even without collision on your policy) will be borne by that person's insurance and will go against their property damage section 4 coverage. To be eligible for a tort claim(pain and suffering) in MA you must sustain at least $2,000 in medical bills; however, it may be possible to receive compensation without locating the owner of the ladder under your own policy(s). Seek guidance BEFORE you give statements to your insurance company if you are intent on receiving compensation for your injuries or for lost wages.

Chuck
    '02 Duc 998S Bostrom

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Chuck to the rescue... like I said before.. Chuck's ok by me.. now Chuck how about Mick's group and they're/our problem?

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Thanks for the added advice. Every bit helps. It may take a while to find out whose it is, but after what I saw and we all went through, I have all the time in the world. Thanks again

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Chcuk you rule mang,
    Cooter is indeed the large fellow with the yellow superhawk from brockton. Thanks to the suspension workshop we were able to tune up his forks later that day after we figured out which nut to turn on the fork.
    Cooter had mentioned what a difference it made in his braking and turning, and i am sure it helped make his front braking more effective so he could get rid of a little speed before impact with that ladder.

I never got to post a note of gratitude for the suspension shop after all the events which unfolded afterwards. I learned a lot, and it was very well organized. Thank You!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Bikeless Prick

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Holy shit peeps! I go's away for a few days and everything goes to hell! Man, to think, had I been here this past weekend, I would've definately been on that ride, prolly up front too!

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be recovering well. I'm reliving my mishap from last year and I remember pretty clearly the feel of panic!

I hope you guys find out who the fuckin' company is that owns that ladder. If there is anything that I can do please let me know.

A FUCKING LADDER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD? WTF!!!

Rich

Cooter and Ken's Crash

I have some good leads, I spent all day looking in to them. I will keep everyone posted and when I find the bastard we can have a little reunion with him and his fucking ladder!

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Cooter and Ken's Crash

I adjusted a dozen bikes with socket nuts before his SuperHawk. However, the SuperHawk does not adjust at the nut (in fact, although Cooter is a big dude, he won't be able to turn that nut). After he left we realized that it is the small adjuster that is easily turned with an adjustable wrench (and practically by finger). He had 50mm of static sag (geesh, that was good enough for a tie for 1st place for softest front forks). I assume from you post that you were able to dail it in to be more in-line with spec. I'm glad. The stopping distance between spec and 50mm of static sag at 55mph would be significant, and quite possibly resulted in very substantial injuries to Cooter. Again, I am so glad that the timing for doing the suspension setups worked to his (and your) benefit.

Chuck
    '02 Duc 998 Bostrom

P.S. I have spoken to Degsy and sent an e-mail plus placed a call to Mick to further discuss the "blessed" event that took place on Sunday on Cape Cod.

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Hey chuck,
    after Sunday, I think i'd like someone to help me check out my suspension. I was working on Saturday and I couldn't make the clinic, but cooter gave it great reviews!

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Cooter Ken and Kim:
    I dont know how the ladder company search is going, but my girlfriend found out one company with those initials is some sign company that deals with the billboards in Mass. But she is not sure who yet.

i dont know if that helps or if you were on to that already.

i did poke around on the web a bit and found this company in the yellow pages.

Sign Concepts Group Inc
    301 North Main Street
    Randolph, MA 02368
    (781) 963-9000

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Cooter and Ken's Crash

i did poke around on the web a bit and found this company in the yellow pages.

Sign Concepts Group Inc
    301 North Main Street
    Randolph, MA 02368
    (781) 963-9000
    We have been calling around quite a bit but don't have any solid leads yet. (Yes I know I'm a great detective ) I tried the Ass of General Contractors and Subcontractors with no luck. I also tried going through the Verizon website under various business categories hoping to stumble across a company name that might use 'SGI' as an acronym. When I find one that may be a possibility, I call them and with may most helpful citizen voice and inform them that I found a nice ladder on Route 3 last weekend and would like to return it (like you wouldn't believe ) to its rightful owner. So far nobody including the above company has claimed they lost a ladder, but this one you found Brent was very slow to answer my question and even claimed they don't use ladders in their business (a billboard company doesn't need ladders???)

If anybody is around the Randolph area sometime, would you mind doing a drive by (not with a machine gun...yet ) to check out their equipment? The state police and the insurance investigators have proven themselves useless so far.

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Sorry, that was me

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Guys. I'm right in the area too. Randolph is like 5 minutes down the highway for me. or right thru the blue hills.

99 Superhawk 996
    Two brothers carbon fiber exhuast
    Eurotail by Eurobikes

Cooter and Ken's Crash

Well there's Brett. Hi sweetie, I thought you were just gonna wait till we got all of the work done i'm just fucking with ya! I have no idea where that town is so who ever wants to check it out, have a ball. We brougt Ken's bike for an estimate, oh shit am I glad that we have insurance. It will probably be around $4,500. Way more damage than we thought. Oh well, that's why I want to catch this fucker we shouldn't have to pay the fucking deductible! Thanks again Rachel

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12