Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Covered Bridges Ride - Oct. 18th, 9:30am Sharp from Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry NH!

Re: Covered Bridges Ride - Oct. 18th, 9:30am Sharp from Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry N

BUMP!!! Still room for a few more!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 10-17-14 at 05:04 PM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Re: Covered Bridges Ride - Oct. 18th, 9:30am Sharp from Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry N

In!
    See you in the morning.

Bikes all repaired(mechanically) wife and I are heading out at 7 the latest tomorrow, should be a nice ride to the ride as the wife doesn't wanna ride highway and according to mapquest back roads only add an enjoyable half hour to our route

Hey guys, something came up with work and I can't make it. I'll join the one next season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

In chelmsford at rest area running a lil behind schedule hoping you guys are still there when I get there

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    In chelmsford at rest area running a lil behind schedule hoping you guys are still there when I get there
    Sorry man...didn't see this til I got back. What time did you get to Seacoast?

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Its all good, I didn't get there till 9:45 and seemings how I was there anyways I decided to look around. Now I am very possibly trading my bike in for a used 848, I just have to work out a co-signer or possibly wait till I get my taxes back and maybe buy a leftover 14 899. Seacoast is the only Ducati dealer I've been to and I had no idea Ducati is so affordable also the 848 is the first Ducati I've sat on, the seating position is perfect for me. I felt like 100 million bucks sitting on that bike, like it was designed just for me, plus my wife felt very comfortable on the back!!!!! I have been planning on getting a newer bike this off season but wasn't sure what I really wanted, now I'm 100% commited to buying a Ducati!!!!!! If I had been on time and went with you guys I would of never took the time to talk to the extremely friendly and helpful salesmen. It's funny how things work out sometimes.

Lifer

did you test ride one?

They do test rides??????? I sat on it for about 15 mins and had my wife on the back for a while, long enough to know the seating position will work a lot better for me then my zx6, well once I replace the stock plywood seat that is.

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    They do test rides??????? I sat on it for about 15 mins and had my wife on the back for a while, long enough to know the seating position will work a lot better for me then my zx6, well once I replace the stock plywood seat that is.
    Bud, I've had 2 Ducati 848's and have an 1198. Come ride my street 1198. You're gonna fuckin love it. Matter of fact the 848 is better than the 1198....all day long.

Last edited by jwm2k3; 10-18-14 at 07:32 PM.

Still own an 848 but its a racebike only.....

PM me if you're for serious.

Last edited by jwm2k3; 10-19-14 at 01:10 AM.

Great ride today despite the weather. Thanks for leading Dave and Rob.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just want to say I hate you all for having a great time. Wish I had been there...

Hit some good roads and bridges. Weather was great except for a few showers.
    Big shout out to Dave and Rob for leading and to Seacoast Sport Cycle for the lunches which they
    so graciously provided free to all the Riders.
    That's a hell of a nice thing to do.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A Bakers Dozen Riders head out to tag A Bakers Dozen Covered Bridges!

Thanks everyone for showing up and especially thanks to those who stayed for the whole ride! It was well worth it as the weather improved dramatically after lunch! Thanks to Terry for seeing us off...missed you on the ride bud! And as usual, thanks to Rob for sharing the lead and sweep duties!

And in case there are any rumors - yes, we were in Keene Saturday afternoon but, no, we had nothing to do with the shenanigans that went on...!

A little drizzle in the morning that gave way to a great afternoon. And a nice lunch at the Harrisville Country Store paid for by the good folks at Seacoast Sport Cycle.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 10-18-14 at 09:50 PM.
    Muhammad Ali.

Thanks very much to everyone responsible. The weather was good enough. The roads were fun. The ride was great. The ride itself was about 250 miles; fine scenery and an enjoyable yet safe pace. Well done.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Despite picking the wrong jacket and being a bit, er, chilly, I had a ball! Thanks Dave, Rob, and Seacoast, you guys rock! Mike, too bad we missed you, maybe next year on an 848? (Save the zx for the track!)

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Thanks Dave and Cheese!

Kenn,
    Did you get your bike spotlatized again?
    Mine was a mess and is still being detailed.
    Lots of work keeping my bikes spotless.
    I've see very few bikes as clean as mine but your speedy was clean as a whistle. Was

It wasn't that bad actually. But I did clean it Sunday, Just the wheels need to be done.

Now there's an issue that doesn't occupy too large a share of my time on this earth.

PhilB

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Now there's an issue that doesn't occupy too large a share of my time on this earth.

PhilB
    Are you sure?
    Your Monster has a ton of character. That's for sure.
    And the ride stories you shared were great !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12