Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Daytona bike week 2010 pics

Daytona bike week 2010 pics

Went last Monday. First time I ever been to an event like this. There was so much to see and damn was it loud (Harley is definitely the most popular there). Obviously I took some random bike shot and I wanted to take some booty pics too for the gents (and some of the ladies too) but I was greatly disappointed. I didn't see any skin (okay I saw 1 and I'm still having nightmares )I figured it was either too cold (windy, low 50's) or I went to early before the fun began. Okay on to the few pics I took. Sorry if they aren't that great. I was on sensory overload and it was hard for me to focus. Oh, and another thing, there wasn't a Suzuki tent that I could see. they were all lined up out front of the track (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Truimph, Harley) Maybe other bike manafacturers were somewhere else that I couldn't see Also all above were having free demo's, so maybe if the others weren't they were placed elsewhere cuz they didn't need the space...hmmmm.

Okay, so it's covered in carbon fiber....and it's got some performance parts...I can't fathom why it priced THAT high though.

I kinda thought this was cool. Didn't even know they had something like this.

There was a lot of great bikes there (riding in, not on display, showcased) I didn't see all that many duplicates (sport bike wise) which surprised me considering how many were there, I saw 2 rc51's that was it. But what impressed me the most was how well taken care of all the bikes seem to be. I love it most when I see a 10+ old bike still in pristine condition. I thought these Kawi's were great.

Now I've heard of these (this), 1st time seeing one. Definitely an eye catcher and conversation piece.

V8, overkill IMO.

All I could think was "you'll never use all that power"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Daytona bike week 2010 pics

More pics.

I was actually considering buying a FZ6R, but settled for a used R6 instead. I'm not much one for pink, but I thought this had a cool color scheme.

I went to the Boston Bike show last year at the Expo Center. I think I saw this bike there. Besides cruisers riding around on the beach, there were quite a few Hayabusa type, lowered and chromed out streched bikes with HUGE back tires and wild paint schemes, kinda like this one. And before you correct me I KNOW this happens to be a R1. I was just saying it reminded me what I saw on the beach which were mostly Suzuki's.

Of course in cruiser country there were a lot of chopper type bikes on display.

Oops, didn't get a chance to add this in my first pic posts.

Guy must really like cheeto's

Do people actualy buy and drive/ride these things???? I didn't (ever)see anything like this parked anywhere....have you?

More to come tomorrow....

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar

Nice pics

These two Kawi's are 3-cylinder 2-strokes. Absolute man-eaters.

Boston --> San Diego

great pics.

I was working in clearwater for about four weeks and the job got done in time for me to hit bike week for a day first time i got to go it was cold but had a good time i had talked my boss in to baying a 16 foot v nose so we could bring the bikes i put about 1000 miles on my bike not meany good days to ride but had a good time lots of bikes nic pic

04 636

I have a whole bunch of pics as well that I'll upload, great time for me as well! Main Street Saturday night was nuts!! Talk about fun!

More pics. Yeah it was cold, but I made the best of it. I think if I had gone later in day I would have seen some of the shows. Oh well, gives me a reason to go back and check it out again. Going to have to think of a way to get my bike down too Man what a tease to be down there. I'm dying to get my bike out of storage more than ever now.

I thought the brake light and blinkers were different...never saw that set up before

Seriously, this was the most skin I saw all day

groovy man

I believe these are jet powered bar stools

Husband took these shots...not sure why....just thought I would throw in.

Me likey. I wanted to get up closer but prospective demo riders were right beside it watching their track safety/demo rules video.

If ever I moved on to a cruiser I think I would get something like this

Exit leaving the inner field at the track.

There was a race going on at the time. They were racing classic 250's. I was too far away to get a good shot of them. We were on foot and my blisters were starting to complain so we decided to end our day here and move down to the beach to see if there was anything going on, grab a bite to eat and people watch.

If you look very closely you can see one lone racer. They were spaced fairly far apart. I figured track too large and not many people owned and entered a classic 250 to race.

I have to say, for such a small block bike, they moved...and man were they LOUD.

Few shots from the beach. This guy went past us when we were eating. Caught up with him later as we were leaving beach area. He was pissing off everyone on the road cuz traffic was already congested and he was moving so slowely he wasn't helping cuz people who got stuck behind him were trying to merge into the other lane to get around haha.

And last but not least....saw this on our way to Daytona. We couldn't figure what this truck was hauling. Cows? No too small. Calfs? Nah, doesn't look right. Pigs? Nope, too dark. WTF is it?

Ahaaaa....wild boars. Can't tell much from pic but covered in course brown hair and they had tusks. I don't know who or why you keep them? We were giving the option to hunt them while we were down, but when we found out that you use dogs to pretty much track and surround and you just get them cornered and mark them with a marker like thing (what fun is that?)...we said nah. I wanted a pig roast damn it and it's head on the wall in my living room