Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Deal's Gap 2012

Re: Deal's Gap 2012

This week we have done before, almost all the vacationers are gone, kids are back in school and there is hardly anyone on the roads, most importantly we didn't see any LEO'S the entire week.

I'll be legal as of tomorrow, so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilyoyo1 View Post
    just do the dragon before 10 and after 3 or 4 when the leave lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Its nice when its quiet. but it will definitely be a different story for the wknd. It gets even busier as the weather cools
    i know guys who ride their race bikes up there regularly
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    This week we have done before, almost all the vacationers are gone, kids are back in school and there is hardly anyone on the roads, most importantly we didn't see any LEO'S the entire week.

I'll be legal as of tomorrow, so no worries.

Just paid for a spare set of wheels for the SV with rotors and a cush drive, $200 shipped. Thinkin I'll bring those race tires down with me

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Spare tire for the trailer purchased.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Just got back from the trailer place. Had a vibration that turned out to be an out of round hub. They replaced it with new bearings and swapped me from bias ply to radials for free, including the spare. Then the paid for me to go have all three tires balanced. Great service at airport trailer sales in Leominster!

So now finally the trailer is ready for the long trip. Smooth as silk on the highway!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'll be bringin the Wee down. Now exactly off-road capable, but we can hit Tatham Gap (the "Gravel Dragon") if ya want. It's pretty close to the house.
    I carry this in a tool tube with the tire pump and patch kit under the seat. If I have bags on I have a Slime Motorsports electric pump. I've added two tire irons and a 12mm hex for the front wheel.

The red line is some tubular nylon webbing. I've added two anchor shackles to make a tackle for retrieval, or it can be used to help compress a tire tread to help pop it onto the rim.

Great tool kit. Wish I had room for half of that on either of my bikes.

SV is Legal, took it for a ride last night. First ride without ear plugs... I have to look for another pipe as this one is freakin LOUD!!!!!! Pretty sure the packing is done.. But either way it's ready for the trip.

Any thoughts for things we don't have on the tools/supply list of things to bring or things we should hae more than 1? I can bring my small tool box with my crappy spread of tools.

Anyone have/ bringing chatterboxes? I know it was handy to have in the past..

My riding gear list:
    2 bikes
    Riding boots (2 pair) waterproof Daytonas & Perforated boots
    1 set full leathers
    1 set textiles
    1 rain suit
    1 helmet (Couple of shields)
    1 Aqua duty kit containing bathing suit, & Towel (Swim away froim brown cloud in water!!!)

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

When we post our packing list we include some pretty silly things but is from experience...
    - bring cash...ATMs charge a premium up there....and many times the ATMS are out of service. of the 15 times i was there last year about 7 the store ATM was down.
    - If you have the space...BRING GAS. I don't know if you've ever noticed but at any of the top gas stations (the store and Pit stop come to mind) its actually $5 a HALF gallon. People don't realize that. So pick up some gas on the way... eliminate some expensive fill ups.
    - Don't forget your keys! yea we actually had someone get there and their keys were sitting on their driveway. In the rush to get on the road they were put down and left. that kind of ruins the trip.
    - Ins and Lic cards. I know they're probably in your wallet but it is already slow enough to get medical treatment up there...don't make things worse on yourself by not having id.

You can always go to Wheelers down on 129 if you forget anything bike related or if you have a mechanical issue...he's actually pretty reasonable and open on Sunday! (HE may not be there and they may not open til...10, 11 am but they're going to get there)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    Great tool kit. Wish I had room for half of that on either of my bikes.

SV is Legal, took it for a ride last night. First ride without ear plugs... I have to look for another pipe as this one is freakin LOUD!!!!!! Pretty sure the packing is done.. But either way it's ready for the trip.

Any thoughts for things we don't have on the tools/supply list of things to bring or things we should hae more than 1? I can bring my small tool box with my crappy spread of tools.

Anyone have/ bringing chatterboxes? I know it was handy to have in the past..

My riding gear list:
    2 bikes
    Riding boots (2 pair) waterproof Daytonas & Perforated boots
    1 set full leathers
    1 set textiles
    1 rain suit
    1 helmet (Couple of shields)
    1 Aqua duty kit containing bathing suit, & Towel (Swim away froim brown cloud in water!!!)

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

girlfriend wants me to have one of those medical pouch things that stick to your helmet. i think i have 1 somewhere. anyone know where i can get them?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Seacoast...

or, you can order from Whitehourse Gear

And, you should stick it on the lefts side of your helmet near the chinstrap buckle...so it is seen when EMTS go to remove your helmet.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 08-21-12 at 08:30 AM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Lifer

Why the left side? That's where my intercom goes..

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Why the left side? That's where my intercom goes..
    cause thats the side the buckle /D rings are on

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Alilyoyo,

Good points!

I just recieved 2 blank keys for the SV and will be having spares copied. I already have a spare for the Falco, these will be in a safe place in case of just such an incident.

So $5 a 1/2 gallon at the crossroads? No way... I usually only get gas there in an emergency. I am definately bringing 1 5 gal jug. Our day always started with a trip to Robbinsville to fill up, so that remains the same unless we take off up the Cherohala. Thanks for the heads up.

What is this medical pouch thing? This information ins/emergency contact etc?
    We should all make up a card with this info for just such an incedent so we can call to notify a family member. (WHICH WE WILL NOT NEED!) just in case. Great idea!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    cause thats the side the buckle /D rings are on
    Looking again, looks like there is plenty of room above the intercom bracket.

Either way, enough thread jacking.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Seacoast...

And, you should stick it on the lefts side of your helmet near the chinstrap buckle...so it is seen when EMTS go to remove your helmet.
    ya, what sucks is i was just there a few days ago for some RAM stuff.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

So $5 a 1/2 gallon at the crossroads?
    Wasn't bad in June, a little higher than Robbinsvill but not excessive. I do get tired of filling up every 250 miles or so, had to stop twice doing the Blue Ridge and Skyline Dr.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Departure day is Quickly approaching!!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Seacoast...

I just took a label maker and put my name, blood type, "No Allergies" and my wife's contact info. Kinda like dog tags.

Yes on the chatterbox Mike.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bruce
    2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary
    2003 Honda RC51

On the list. I have two so I can bring them both for someone else to use if they like.

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    Yes on the chatterbox Mike.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Quote Originally Posted by bbhzx10 View Post
    Wasn't bad in June, a little higher than Robbinsvill but not excessive. I do get tired of filling up every 250 miles or so, had to stop twice doing the Blue Ridge and Skyline Dr.
    I'm talking about at DGMR and Fontana Pit Stop. I watched a guy argue with the clerk at the pit stop about why it was costing him so much @ $4.90 a gallon and the clerk kept say its for a 1/2 gallon.
    They explained the big fuel trucks can't go up there so they hvae to go down to Robbinsville and buy their fuel....so they have to make up for the cost.

As for the emergency things....you don't want it on the back necessarily....no unneeded movement of the head so by the strap is best for sure.

Alilyoyo is right on this, we would fuel outside town ao no gas buying at The store. thats fo sho......

you guys are going to have fun. make sure you guys hit into where NC/SC crosses, some good little spots that ride for 15-20 miles loooong sweepers with no cars. have fun, ride safe.

any first timers?????
    my .02 for ya
    1. turn off the music (if u have it)
    2. stay in a nice gear the first few times and find a nice smooth speed, don't nail and brake. its funner just to cruise thru the first few times.
    3. do NOT take your eyes off the road and try to look cool for killboy. really, no room for errors there.
    4. do not cross doubles (in the fall you can see thru the trees and hog both lanes and own it, i did not say that!)

have fun!!!

Last edited by jtryz; 08-22-12 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtryz View Post
    Alilyoyo is right on this, we would fuel outside town ao no gas buying at The store. thats fo sho......

you guys are going to have fun. make sure you guys hit into where NC/SC crosses, some good little spots that ride for 15-20 miles loooong sweepers with no cars. have fun, ride safe.

any first timers?????
    my .02 for ya
    1. turn off the music (if u have it)
    2. stay in a nice gear the first few times and find a nice smooth speed, don't nail and brake. its funner just to cruise thru the first few times.
    3. do NOT take your eyes off the road and try to look cool for killboy. really, no room for errors there.
    4. do not cross doubles (in the fall you can see thru the trees and hog both lanes and own it, i did not say that!)

have fun!!!
    Oh don't even lean OVER the double yellows...for one, puts your head right in the impact zone of a car...for TWO...you're likely to end up as a what NOT to do on Killboy...nobody wants that

and def eyes on the road its too easy to try and pose for the photos....or check out the scenery...cuz it can be unbelievable. Especially on the Cherahola!!!

Last edited by Alilyoyo1; 08-22-12 at 08:49 PM.

Lifer

Next year.. next year..

8 days bitches

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast