Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Deal's Gap 2012

Lifer

Re: Deal's Gap 2012

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    God I wish I was going.
    Same.

I wanna hear stories.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Oxx, You didn't tell me it was aluminum.... My trailer is 2' shorter than Claytons but it's pretty god damn heavy too. I just dropped $300 into the friggen thing to get it ready.

Clayton I like your idea of removing the drop gate, that thing is a huge sail dragging anchor... Hmmm? I could remove it and bring one ramp for loading/unloading.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Stay tuned for the 2013 trip. Same Bat time, Same Bat place!!!! If we get enough interest we can reserve all three houses on the same plot of land! = HUGE PARTY WEEK!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Going mid June 2013 FYI

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Oh Really??? Pending life situation at that time I might be up for it....

Quote Originally Posted by bbhzx10 View Post
    Going mid June 2013 FYI

www.tailofthedragon.com

Removing the gate was easy. Took one cutting wheel on the angle grinder. Remove the entire hinge assembly from the trailer side, not the gate side. This will allow you to have them welded back on in a way that makes the ramp removable in the future.

BTW, last week when towing to the Finger Lakes and back with the Wee in the back (Via Rt.9 Vermont BTW, GREAT riding road, horrible towing road), I got about 200 miles to the tank on the truck with the ramp up and locked. Put it flat down and I managed nearly 255 miles to the tank. Guess that sail makes a huge difference!

Figured since we weren't going to need it and would have to lay it flat, may as well save the hundred pounds or so and cut it off.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    Oxx, You didn't tell me it was aluminum.... My trailer is 2' shorter than Claytons but it's pretty god damn heavy too. I just dropped $300 into the friggen thing to get it ready.

Clayton I like your idea of removing the drop gate, that thing is a huge sail dragging anchor... Hmmm? I could remove it and bring one ramp for loading/unloading.
    i tried to tell you......

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

You didn't tell me it was aluminum... Were taking your trailer, The SV will be in the back of my truck when you get here! Any question as if it will make it ok? Bearings and wheels ok? What size ball? I only have 1 2", but can run out and get whatever size we need tomorrow.

Today I signed up for AAA, it will be valid at 5PM tomorrow. Can only get the basic coverage... New policy is you can not sign up for premium service until 2 years of membership. Buat least I have something. Just happened to have a deal going on to. No sign up registration fee and 1 year for $45! Then they knocked off another $5 because I signed up for automatic renewal for next year!

Installed Silverstar bulbs, checked all the truck fluids and bought some oil and Tranny fluid to bring just in case.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Don't forget a spare key for the truck hidden on the trailer or somewhere accessible...

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

of course its aluminum...im towing it with a 4cyl hatchback. you think i could tow a steel trailer with that?
    bearings should be good. i greased them last year about this time. if you have a grease gun we can do them again if you want. i wouldve done them tuesday when i had the trailer here at work if i thought we were taking it. i will check tire pressures before i leave. i dont have a spare tire but if yours will fit we will bring it. 2" ball (im 99% on this ill double check my car though) i also have AAA. i think its AAA+. ill bring my roof bag so we can put stuff in the bed with no concerns of dampness. stands and toolboxes etc can go in the trailer box.

edit: just remembered, its got a couple marker lights out but the brake/turn signal lights are new LEDs and work

Last edited by SVRACER01; 08-31-12 at 11:23 AM.
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

The spare wheel I have is 15" 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern. I do not have a grease gun, everywhere I went didn't have one. I'll run down to the local Auto join and get one and grease.
    We can always pull the ball of your hitch assembly if we need to. I forget if I have the right one from our trip to Monticello?

I also have spare bulbs I picked up we can pop in real quick. Marker lights help in the middle of the night rolling through construction barrier zones and toll plaza's to make sure you have clearance..

Hurry up and get here! I can't wait to leave!!

Dog is dropped off, and I am packing everything now.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345