Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deals Gap (June)

Re: Deals Gap (June)

Damn RIP.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    MSF RiderCoach

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    A twenty-one year old kid from Maryland died by mile marker 3 yesterday.
    He was riding a 2008 'Busa.

Ok to get excited, but be careful.
    From what I heard, he was riding way out of his abilities, and locked up the rear brake trying to slow down, leaving a 230 foot skid mark. Busa

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Here is perhaps the most human angle I have ever read to one of these stories ... brought tears to my eyes.

+++++++++++++

"I was up today and started talking to a guy that was on a brand new white/silver GSXR and he informed me it was his cousin that had died and he was riding with him when it happened.He was with numerous members of his family,including his dad,who also rode a Busa, and some friends on their first trip to the dragon.He pointed out the kids dad who was sitting in the bed of a pick up by himself in an obvious state of shock.He was sitting there all alone and i felt compelled to walk over and talk to him and offer my condolences.We ended up talking for 15-20 minutes about his son who he said was his best friend and that they had done evrything together since he was born.Took karate together,4 wheeled,camped etc; He had just gotten the Busa in January for his brthday and was having the time of his life and then he said,just like that, he is gone.He died in his dads arms.We were both sitting there with tears streaming down our faces and i hugged him and went home.That was the longest ride of my life.For those wondering why they are still here,as i was,he said there was paperwork that had to be processed to take a body over state lines.Sad Sad"

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    Here is perhaps the most human angle I have ever read to one of these stories ... brought tears to my eyes.

+++++++++++++

"I was up today and started talking to a guy that was on a brand new white/silver GSXR and he informed me it was his cousin that had died and he was riding with him when it happened.He was with numerous members of his family,including his dad,who also rode a Busa, and some friends on their first trip to the dragon.He pointed out the kids dad who was sitting in the bed of a pick up by himself in an obvious state of shock.He was sitting there all alone and i felt compelled to walk over and talk to him and offer my condolences.We ended up talking for 15-20 minutes about his son who he said was his best friend and that they had done evrything together since he was born.Took karate together,4 wheeled,camped etc; He had just gotten the Busa in January for his brthday and was having the time of his life and then he said,just like that, he is gone.He died in his dads arms.We were both sitting there with tears streaming down our faces and i hugged him and went home.That was the longest ride of my life.For those wondering why they are still here,as i was,he said there was paperwork that had to be processed to take a body over state lines.Sad Sad"
    Yeah he posted that on the R1 forum.. made me tear up.

MSF RiderCoach

Kids should never die BEFORE there parents. As a DAD I can't fathom how one could go through that......

Thats too dam sad especially when there is a close father and son relationship.

RIP

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Quote Originally Posted by ahtune69 View Post
    Thats too dam sad especially when there is a close father and son relationship.

RIP
    God.. I just can't imagine what that poor man is going through.

MSF RiderCoach

times running out. Erik may need a ride again!!!

MSF RiderCoach

Be careful while riding the gap. I just got back last week from the gap. It's the nicest ride I had on a bike for sure. I was there mid of the week, so not too many bikes and even less cars. My only advise I can give, take it easy on those turns, especially running first few times until you get more familiar with the road. Many of those turns you can not see through, and lots of room for mistake, which can be deadly. After a day of riding there I was more tired than after a trackday. But it's worth it. Ride safe.

ZX10R
    Ned

Thanks

MSF RiderCoach

Quote Originally Posted by nerijusj View Post
    Be careful while riding the gap. I just got back last week from the gap. It's the nicest ride I had on a bike for sure. I was there mid of the week, so not too many bikes and even less cars. My only advise I can give, take it easy on those turns, especially running first few times until you get more familiar with the road. Many of those turns you can not see through, and lots of room for mistake, which can be deadly. After a day of riding there I was more tired than after a trackday. But it's worth it. Ride safe.
    Good advice. I have never been there, but I'm planning to chill out.

I have two track days right before I get there in NH, and then five days riding the gap, four days chilling out, and then a TD at Jennings which I REALLY want to ride and thus don't want to crash beforehand haha.

Really I am just going to meet some buddies and experience the road. I'll ride hard/spiritedly, drag a few knees, etc.... but don't intend on riding like a fool and to the limits. I'll save it for the TD's.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
    Good advice. I have never been there, but I'm planning to chill out.

I have two track days right before I get there in NH, and then five days riding the gap, four days chilling out, and then a TD at Jennings which I REALLY want to ride and thus don't want to crash beforehand haha.

Really I am just going to meet some buddies and experience the road. I'll ride hard/spiritedly, drag a few knees, etc.... but don't intend on riding like a fool and to the limits. I'll save it for the TD's.
    Sounds like a fun trip there! Looks like you'll have enough time to ride around Deals Gap also. Try Cherohala Skyway, Rt. 28. Those are fun roads, not as tight as the Gap, but nice turns and scenery. Just watch out for the little road through woods that leads to Cherohala Skyway- the pavement is broken, lots of loose gravel and dirt, some construction trucks. Be safe and have fun, and let us know how it went. and..post pics when you get back

ZX10R
    Ned

Quote Originally Posted by nerijusj View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip there! Looks like you'll have enough time to ride around Deals Gap also. Try Cherohala Skyway, Rt. 28. Those are fun roads, not as tight as the Gap, but nice turns and scenery. Just watch out for the little road through woods that leads to Cherohala Skyway- the pavement is broken, lots of loose gravel and dirt, some construction trucks. Be safe and have fun, and let us know how it went. and..post pics when you get back
    Yeah... I am meeting up with some folks down there who know the area really well. I think we are going to stay the hell away from the gap on the weekend because of the influx of retards.... we'll ride there thurs fri and mon.... but sat and sun go to some other hidden gems.

Thanks for the tip on the way to the skyway

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

The gap is awesome. My partner and I did the blue ridge all the way down to Gatlinburg TN 2 yrs in a row at the end of March, 2 up on a tuono.
    Best time of my life and the roads off the parkway are equally nice if not nicer. NO POTHOLES. ok 1 on the parkway.
    But watch out, you need total concentration at all times
    if you hit fog, turn around. we did and had 0 visibility for 1 hr. we still had to reach our destintation for the night and it sucked. being spent for anything less than sex evn thought it was worth it
    Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12