Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Just wanted to say thanks to Half Squid for the great week he organized for us. Deal's Gap was AWESOME. Did way more leaning and learning on the Ducati down there than ever before. Definitly count me in for next year!

Everyone else make it back ok? Took us about 18 hours driving to make it home....

Let me know when you post pictures!

We met a kid from Oregon who was riding a CBR600F3 from Oregon to Boston last night. Makes me regret all that whining about my ergo's!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Very glad you enjoyed it. I was happy to organize it, glad it all worked out well. Can't wait till next year!

I downloaded all my pics from my digital I will post a few in a new thread, I will keep you posted about the rest.
    Clayton, if you or your father has any good pics I would be interested in any copy's you have, we can trade pics!

It took myself & Doug 18 hours as well, but we took the scenic route through the gap with the trailor for more pics, then stopped for a great meal at a Cracker Barrel. Oh we ran into a lot of fog that slowed us down too. All that driving was worth it!

Doug & I talked with Ron & Nancy before we left, they told us about a guy that went off the road by the bridge like that RC51 in the Killboy video, well the guy went off with the bike and hit all those bolders. End result, R1 Totaled, he is pretty fucked up too, broken collar bone, broken arm, broken leg, & possibly more. Another person bit by the Dragon. I dont think there is a day that goes by that the Dragon doesn't eat a bike. Not a place to challenge your skills, much too dangerous...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

I'll make sure he gets duplicates when he gets the rolls developed.

Kinda funny, we also went up the Gap with the van, ate at Cracker Barrel and ran into tons of fog in PA. We ended up stopping at a Red Carpet Inn for the night right before the New York line. Got a good nights rest and some good Cajun cuisine.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Deals gap trip was a farging blast! Thanks to Mike for the organization, the preparation and execution of all the routes while we where down there. I have never been on such a roller coaster ride of twisty's in my life! Deals Gap is off the charts but even all the roads that surround it are nothing like I have seen or ridden before! The track doesn't even come close to the roads down there! And they keep going for thousands of miles!

Good group of people and riders as well I never felt uncomfortable riding with any of the guys that went! I tried to keep my hooliganism down to a minimum. .

Thanks to all who bought, cooked and cleaned made the trip real affordable. We even got the place at a discount and shirts at discount and free stickers!

It was really cool to see all the bikes, some locals were wearing tee shirts and jeans and flying through the gap...Crazy I tell you! I think Mike got one local pulling a wheelie from corner to corner.
    The best and worst part was the Harley's we came upon, the worst part was the Harley rider was to proud to pull over and let a jap bike by and the best was watching the Harley rider sweat through 318 turns while crossing the yellow line skidding into corners almost going off road several times while taking a look into there mirror only to see a blue R1 and rider with one hand resting on chin waiting for the loud, upknockcious, underpower, rich running motorcycle to get out of the way. That's what Is called "priceless"

I cant wait to see all the pictures!
    <plug>Bring them to Stonner Stock</plug>

Just a little something I did pick up down South
    Now you all come back now....ya here

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Another Awesome year, 3500 miles total for me, dodged the rain all week except a few hundred miles of Virginia on the way down. Because of the rain though that we dodged, there was a lot of debris, & roadside erosion like the 20 yards of marbles scattered in the first downhill righannd turn as you cross the Tennesee state line on the Cherohala. I'm glad it was socked in with pea soup fog cause otherwise I mighta hit it at 70mph. A nice little jaunt into South Carolina and a day in Georgia. And I finally got my pics of a Nantahala River erosion control project I have been meaning to get for the past 3 years

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Guys, don't forget about the education we got regarding foods containing salt.....

I mistakenly gave my girlfriend my roll of film from the Gap. I sure hope I didn't take any pictures of "locals" while I was there, cause she's going to get them developed!

Speaking of pictures.... Mike, why didn't you put up that other picture of the "Gap"?

-AFLAC!-

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

I dont have that one, Doug does.. Taking the chance of breaking a disposable camera is less expensive than breaking my digital.
    Anyways I don't want anyone getting sick from that pic.

BTW, worst words spoken on the trip was..
    Hey Randy wanna spoon? Doh, I really need to think before I speak...

Originally posted by TheIglu

Speaking of pictures.... Mike, why didn't you put up that other picture of the "Gap"?

-AFLAC!-

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Yep,

That was a great trip. Thanks for organizing everything Mike. It was great to get through the week with no injuries in the group considering where we went, and I'll ride with any of you guys any time. Except maybe Randy, my body needs to recover first before I'll ride with him again. He's not a rider, he's a machine that looks human. I was fine the whole week and saturday but for some reason Sunday messed me up and it still kind of hurts to sit down today.

I'll definitely put up a web page when I get my pictures back.

I think my total mileage for the week was around 3100-3200 miles. I didn't keep track too carefully. I do know my bike is now overdue for a bunch of maintenance.

Ben

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

messed me up and it still kind of hurts to sit down today

I take it you didn't ride to work today.... I am dissaponted, only put 120 miles on today, my SV now has 78k, my bike goes in for service tomorrow

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Deal's Gap - THANKS!

Originally posted by benSV
    Yep,

My body needs to recover first before I'll ride with him again. He's not a rider, he's a machine that looks human. I was fine the whole week and saturday but for some reason Sunday messed me up and it still kind of hurts to sit down today.

I'll definitely put up a web page when I get my pictures back.

Ben
    For some reason two words popped into my head while reading this. Spooning & Aflac... Sick I tell you just sick, glad I had my own room during this trip....
    (Inside trip joke!)

www.tailofthedragon.com