Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Deals Gap Trek May4 thru May 10, 2003

It would be nice to get a group of 10 for this trip, those who have been in the past have first dibs, if more want to go, we may be able to line up another house to rent.

Those who have been know what it's all about, simply the best riding anywhere, certainly east of the mississippi. This is hard core twisties, nothing like anything we have in New England, almost every route in the area surpasses our best.

I think this year, we are going to have to get deposits up front to confirm your spot. Now is the time to start planning, lining up your vacation time for next spring, etc.

While trailering may be the most convenient way to go for most, I am planning on riding again, possibly doing another Saddlesore 1000 in one direction.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

fuck i might have a chance at this

its my b-day the 6th if im nice 2 wife she might let me go do i need a lot a bread for this randy im 1 cheap poe mutha

I'm cheap too, I have done this the past 3 years, one of them was only for a weekend, it cost me $175 total for my share of house, gas, eats and a souvineer t shirt. the other 2 times, I made a 10day trip out of it, some motels but mostly camping on way down and back, kept cost to about $400 total, no, $650 if you include the set of tires worn out on the trip.

The motorcycling is so fine, you won't want to waste any money heavy partying, you can have adrenilin rushes all day.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Mick, I did a quick check on Mapquest, the ride down to Deals Gap from Wellfleet is about 1075 miles to Robbinsville, NC it is almost identical milage from my house, That is perfect, a few extra miles cushion so when the IBA verifies everything you won't come up short at 999.9

Last year, I did my SS via Binghamton, NY to Columbia, SC, 1063 miles, I left Stones at 1:00 am, arrived in Columbia at 8:30pm just as it was getting dark, Ideally, thats how you want to time it, keep you night riding at the begining of your ride when you are fresh and also on roads closer to home that may be more familiar. I planned on 20 hours, did it in 19½, 8 gas stops, (SV sux on highway for fuel) in Binghamton, I stopped 20 minutes and had breakfast at McD's and had a 20 minute break in Harrisburg for lunch. in Roanoke, it started to rain, never really hard, just enuf to be annoying, mostly from road spray kicked up by traffic, at Fancy Gap, it was cold, I put my electric vest back on (I took it off at breakfast) very foggy almost frost for the first 40 miles south of Fancy Gap.

You should get a routine down on gas stops, gassing up, writing milage & time in log, getting recept etc,

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Mick, you might be interested in thisset of links

If I do ride down, I would be willing to make the ride with you, but I haven't decided yet, I may get a small trailer for my bimmer

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I have not decided if I will be doind this or Daytona this year?
    MAybe Daytona then stop bt the Gap for a day or two?? Hmm?

Randy let me know if you want me to contact the Johnsons about the house. We do still have it reserved, for the second wee of May. The dates may not be the 6th - 10 this year thou. I have not looked at the calender.
    The house should have the Hot tub on the deck this year! A great way to end a hard day of riding!

This is a good trip without putting a big dent in the wallet!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Randy, that is a good price. At that rate, I'd be down with a run to the Gap. One of those things I've heard about yet always seemed to be a logistics issue getting a bike there.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

....................... PinHead's Avatar

WOW Zombie! Good luck bro, your gonna have the hardest ass around

(or most tender)

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Originally posted by Rye
    Randy, that is a good price. At that rate, I'd be down with a run to the Gap. One of those things I've heard about yet always seemed to be a logistics issue getting a bike there.
    what is the logistics issue? just hop on your bike and ride down

seriously, if you can't take enuf time off to ride down, then arrange a spot in a pickup or trailer, that's one of the reasons I posted this so far ahead is so that we can get a count of who wants to go, and who has transportation etc.

if your concerned about packing everything you might need on a bike, don't worry, you don't need to bring that much, the house is fully equip with all bed linnens, washer/dryer etc. you don't have to bring that much stuff

once you get down there, the roads are so sweet, you won't want to do anything except ride anyway, not like there's much elses to do, right in the middle of the bible belt

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lifer

I may be interested (especially if it will be a frugal trip), but it's a long way off so I'm not sure yet.

Sounds like a good way to use some vacation time though.

Probably not interested in the 1000 mile in one day stuff, I'd rather work up to that gradually.

Ben

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Mike

Hey Mike, are you doing that Deals Gap Trip this year....I want to go so bad If you Go I'm sending you the money 1st thing I cant pass it up this year!!!!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Doug, you do need to go, you have been putting it off too many times

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Ok forget Daytona, I am in for the Gap once again.
    Like Rando said a Deposit will be required in advanced in order to hold your place on the house list. Depending on the number of responces will determine if we need a second house.

I will gather details soon about estimated $$ per person for the house. last year was the most expensive so far with only 6 people in a 12 person house, and the cost each for 5/6 days in a sweet house was $125/each. We can get this down to about 45 with 12 people! Everything else is cheap as far as eating/nightlife. After the days riding we have had in the past all you want to do at night is relax/sleep up for an early rise/ealy start the next day.

The cost of the rental may be going up a little, the owner said was going to be putting a hot tub in! How nice would that be at the end of a good ride?? NICE!!! The owner likes us, so maybe it would stay the same?? Not sure yet..

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

cool

Randy, I know, I know!
    Mike I am Down for this trip!
    Cant wait!

www.tailofthedragon.com