Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

dirt roads 3-21

dirt roads 3-21

north central and western mass.
    mostly dirt roads, and pavement . Big bike friendly. I'll be on a klr 650 , you could show up on a street legal dirt bike / motard but you would probably be bored unless you like dirt roads and pavement with out any trails and the skinny seat may not be your best friend at the end of the day .

I have a loop laid out but I am not sure what to expect with all the rain we have had, there may be some washed out or muddy sections , if it gets too bad we can turn around .

Plan would be to leave Barre at 10 am , there is a dunkin donuts on rt 122 across from higgins power sports show up earlier for a snack and chit chat . ( if you need gas there is a gas station a mile or 2 further north on 122 in barre center as the one right there at the DD is closed . ) I would suggest topping off , especially if you have a small tank its roughly 100 miles to a gas stop .

Lunch will most likely be Bubs BBQ in sunderland mass ( our furthest point west ).

there are not a lot of fancy places to stop along the route and most breaks will be road side so bring a snack and some water .

Mileage from barre and back , is in the ball park of 125 miles and roughly 5 hours on the bikes not including lunch stop and any breaks we take. so as you can see speed is not a factor , there is a lot of dirt .

If there are no replies here I won;t be going to the meet spot so if you have plans to just show up , there is a chance no one will be there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by theothersean; 03-16-10 at 09:17 PM.
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650