Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

What is the reason for posting routes after all the people said not to?
    Do you feel the need to show off what route you took for some reason? If that the case do that same route at 100+ MPH and get vid's. If you can't do that then SHUT THE FUCK UP!

thank you for reading this public service anouncement

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Question why not

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Yeah ya Kahks!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I dont' see a problem with posting routes at all. I post routes to let people know where I am heading in case they want to meet up. Also, if someone says that they are making a trip in the area, I am more likely to meet up if they mention a route near me. I see NO problem with it and will keep doing it unless told otherwise by a moderator...

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

If people have such a big problem with this then why wouldn't the mods step in? I guess I just don't get it at all. If someone could explain the big problem then maybe I would see the point. I just don't see cops sitting here lookin at this for a place to go. If it really is a big deal then there must be somthing to back that up - tell me the reason that I shouldn't post routes and if it is good enough (i.e. justifiable) I would be then more than happy to stop.
    For all those that say "don't post routes" - here is you chance to tell me/us why not... (PS - no need to get uptight about this and start the flaming on me - just explain and it will be all good)

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Oh - well as I stated - I don't follow directions well
    To try to settle this (we may just ahve to agree to disagree), please tell me why not to post routes and, as stated, if it's justifiable, then I will stop.

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Cops...I don't see any cops

Io amo la mia Ninja
    Vieni con me per una cavalcata

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Where? Who? Cops? what are those?

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

The idea of not posting routes is not to hide "secret" roads from others, it's to try and avoid local law enforcement from getting tips on where these speeding sportbikers will be going this weekend. Weather you think these forums are scanned by local law or not is your ow choice to beleive, but those of us that have a few years riding at a brisk pace on posted rides know the facts
    Is that a little ore clear or should i draw a picture?

Yamaha

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Picture please - I just don't buy that cops are readin forums. Cops don't come to boards to find out where to hide - I just asked a few. They looked at me like I had 3 heads...
    PS - They know the routes that people speed on and where to hide - they don't need us to post about it.

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

it's to try and avoid local law enforcement from getting tips on where these speeding sportbikers will be going this weekend.
    If a majority of sportbikers speed on these routes, eventually some will crash, or a "concerned" citizen will call the cops to report speeding, or cops in the area will notice that sportbikers are speeding.

Like today, when we were passing cars on routes at triple digit speeds on the double yellow line, those cars knew we were speeding

Lets say 90% of sportbikes speed on ROUTE X and 1% of those crash while speeding. So if 3,000 sportbikes ride ROUTE X, then 2,700 of those riders were speeding...and 27 of them crashed while they were speeding.

CAUSE: Reported 27 crashes on Route X
    EFFECT: More police patrol Route X

The police are not stupid, they realize when speed is a factor in an accident! If there are 27 speeding-related accidents, they WILL patrol the route to protect public "safety."

TO BE HONEST, WE DO NOT POST ROUTES BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT 3000 SPORTBIKE RIDERS ON ROUTE X, NOR DO WE WANT 27 CRASHES ON ROUTE X. (more police patrol as result)

WE WANT 300 RIDERS ON ROUTE X and 2.7 CRASHES. (less police will patrol as result)

Last edited by jsven007; 07-19-03 at 11:20 PM.
    14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

TO BE HONEST, WE DO NOT POST ROUTES BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT 3000 SPORTBIKE RIDERS ON ROUTE X, NOR DO WE WANT 27 CRASHES ON ROUTE X.
    Agreed

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Picture please - I just don't buy that cops are readin forums. Cops don't come to boards to find out where to hide - I just asked a few.

Lets assume on Route Z:

1) 1% of speeding riders will crash.
    2) 2% of speeding riders will be reported to police ("concerned" phone call).
    3) 4% of speeding riders will be radared/ticketed by police.
    4) For 2 accidents, 1 police officer will patrol Route Z.

Senario A: 2,000 sportbikes speed on route Z,

Then there will be 20 crashes, 40 police call reports, and 80 tickets written!! (per year). As an effect, there will be 10 police who patrol Route Z!

Senario B: 200 sportbikes speed on route Z

Then there will be 2 crashes, 4 police call reports, and 8 tickets written!! (per year) As an effect, there will be 1 police officer who patrols Route Z!!

Senario A RESULT: If there are 20 crashes, 40 police calls, and 80 tickets written, then police WILL know! In turn, more police will patrol the area!!

Senario B RESULT: If there are ONLY 2 crashes, 4 police calls, and 8 tickets written, the POLICE will NOT bother to patrol, unless they want to fall asleep...or wish to be bored.

****Police DO NOT have to read the forums, they will patrol the routes because of all the accidents, tickets and concerned calls!!****

Last edited by jsven007; 07-19-03 at 11:26 PM.

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Nikon,
    I don't know you at all lets say I post I'm going on a ride on "such and such" roads and you read what routes I go on. You then decide to go on these very roads with friends in tow. You then now speed and heat up the area so when I go back on these roads I cant even enjoy a pace of 10+ mph over the speed limit do to the enforced policemen.

You say hogwash I say look at all of the well known Rt's in Western, MA, with enforcement and squids who cant even stay on there side of the road.

If I lead a group ride and you go on it I could tell If I wanted to ride with you again or at the very lease tell If I do not want to ride with you again. If I don't want to ride with you for reasons mention above I probably don't want to mention any new Rt's to you.

In a nut shell you should think about everyone as a whole you might be responsible rider and slow down when you go through a town, speed when it's safe, wheelie on a proper quite back road or even not pass on a double yellow but the guy who just read your post on the Internet just blasted through that very town while wheeling passing that car on a double yellow didn't really help you as a rider or the very sport we all love. He just read what routes you went on and he contribute nothing but bad karma and you didn't even know about it. You will then.......on your next ride on that very Rt.

This is why I don't agree with pre-posting and post-posting rides I'm not sure If your new or not but with every other local forum there is a norm. You don't post Rt's do to many reasons Cops and squids "like me" .

I kind of ripped a fellow nesr member a new A-hole on this very subject. Only because I was frustrated that no one had explain what seemed to be the norm. And I got tired of seeing some of the rt's I go on posted over and over again.

Some of the most rewarding riding I have done is when I go out and explore and find new roads to go on. I would hope you and others would get the same satisfaction.

You mention of hooking up with some on a ride Just place a thread your going riding in western, Ma then heading into Southern, VT this way If someone wanted to meet up with you they could PM or e-mail you with details. It also help to trim the fat of some of the threads I see, "I'm going riding" next post "me to where are you heading" next post "not sure yet you got any Ideas" next post Yea western MA. I know it may be a little dramatic but sometimes I could be spot on.

I hope you can see my picture now.

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by jsven007

TO BE HONEST, WE DO NOT POST ROUTES BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT 3000 SPORTBIKE RIDERS ON ROUTE X, NOR DO WE WANT 27 CRASHES ON ROUTE X. (more police patrol as result)

WE WANT 300 RIDERS ON ROUTE X and 2.7 CRASHES. (less police will patrol as result)

I must say that I too had a hard time understanding the big deal reagarding route #'s. Cause I in NO WAY believe that law inforcment browse forums looking for the next route we ride to to patrol
    BUT from the above statement made I NOW undertsand a bit better
    Thanks (Not that I have any habbit of posting route #'s)

As far as I care every route is "Da road that goes from here to there"

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

****Police DO NOT have to read the forums, they will patrol the routes because of all the accidents, tickets and concerned calls!!****
    Summary Analogy:

MORE Speeding Sportbikes = MORE accidents + MORE tickets written + MORE concerned calls = MORE POLICE

If A = B
    and B = C
    then A = C (MORE Speeding Sportbikes = MORE POLICE)

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by jsven007
    Summary Analogy:

MORE Speeding Sportbikes = MORE accidents + MORE tickets written + MORE concerned calls = MORE POLICE

If A = B
    and B = C
    then A = C (MORE Speeding Sportbikes = MORE POLICE)
    I don't think that it could be summed up better than the way the Omnipotent one did it.
    I guess the biggest problem that I have is that, if I can read properly, this is the Ride and Event forum, is it not? Personally, I think that posting route's is a big part of a Ride.
    Rev, you make a good point, I am not going to argue that. I think that it is mainly me wanting to "share the wealth" so to speak about a good ride. I AM new to riding and I don't know the "social norms" that may go along with that. I figure that, ecspecially with the specific routes that I am posting, people already know about them. I don't have to hide Route 17 in Vermont when it is listed as one of the best rides in the Northeast. People looking to ride will find that. Same with 100 and the Smuggs pass - these are routes that EVERYONE knows. It would be like me trying to hide the Dragon's Tail - just aint gonna happen. I also gotta say that I am a slow cautious rider - I think Zup33, Jankster, Snaggle and SuperHawk will all attest to that. When I think of sharing a good riding route, I think of it as sharing the wealth and not - "hey I dont want anyone else to knwow about it, I want it all to myself" or that someone is going to go and rip wheelies through towns. Maybe I am niave but I don't ride like that and wouldn't expect that many others would do it on these types of roads - good luck riding a wheelie through 17 or rippin through there at thriple digits. You WILL be the one in the woods doing that.

You guys can feel free to continue with this discussion if you would like and unless someone has a questionfor me specifically I will probably not post in this thread anymore (I will read it though so feel free to comment on what I have said). I honestly feel that this is going to be one of those threads that gets nowhere. Clearly there are people that agree that posting route #'s isn't a problem and there are people that think that it is. Just so that this doesn't happen again, I will make more of an effort to keep route #'s to a min (some will be posted though) in my posts - not that I did it much anyway.
    I will still say that this thread has truely left me scratching my head as to what people think on this topic though. I just can't understand that cop aspect - this just blows my mind that people think cops would surf the internet forums to find where people ride. Cops know the spots and aren't going to sit in a spot to wait for us poor schmucks to ride by - what a waste that would be huh?

Bras cause cancer.

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I feel the way you do its a cat and mouse game and no one ever wins....I'm all done....you tried to make me see your point and I tried to make you see my point....all done.................................for now

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

i dont think LEOs got time 2 read

fucks with donut time

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I concede that (to a point) if there are a bunch of accidents on a certain road that the law enforcement presence may increase. However, we are talking about northern VT here. Many towns are so small that I think that they don't even have a police dept. That leaves the state police to patrol a pretty large area. Anyone that has ridden in VT knows that there is a very low police presence.

Furthermore, police already know which roads are frequented by sportbikers. If a police officer just wanted to write out a bunch of tickets all he's have to do is find a good hiding spot anywhere on RT100 and he could write tickets all day long to all of the speeding motorcyclists.

Look if (seemingly neurotic to me) people don't want route numbers posted than I won't. It's not big enough of an issue for me to get all worked up about.

The last thing that I'm going to say is that one has to choose the risks that he/she wants to take as a motorcyclist. I know that I'm never going to have a great driving record. I can accept that. If you think that you can ride at triple digit speeds while crossing double yellows every weekend and never get in trouble you may be in for a surprise.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

& had a good squid ride

rt 8 & 112
    (moon ya icon) use imagination

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Believing LEO's actually sit in front of a computer reading M/C forums is a bit parnoid, if ya ask me. Lurking for pedaphiles and the such is another story, but using this means as a way to catch speeders is a stretch...

They are already fully aware of which routes attract motorcyclists, so we're not tipping 'em off to any big secrets here...

I, personally will continue to post routes so that when I DO actually get out on the streetbike others can meet up with me...

CASE IN POINT: I'll be heading out today around lunch time, and I'll be taking 'a road' south. Then I'll be heading a bit west on 'that other road' to up around 'that site'. From there I'm thinking of taking 'that winding road' out by my folks' house in 'that town'. I'll most likely call it a day at that point and just shoot up 'the other road' to make it home for dinner....

Makes it kinda tough to hook up with peeps that way...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

So did anyone read what I posted...I posted very little talk about LEO's???? Christ I'm putting my Crayons away I must draw a bad picture.

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I noticed that too Rev
    They have LEO's stuck in there mind set, they should go back and read it a bit slower and more completely.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

So did anyone read what I posted...I posted very little talk about LEO's???? Christ I'm putting my Crayons away I must draw a bad picture.
    You don't want squids crashing, driving recklessly, and in general, angering the public on certain routes.
    K, what do I win for reading post? hehehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast