Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by RevHappy
    Nikon,
    ...You then now speed and heat up the area so when I go back on these roads I cant even enjoy a pace of 10+ mph over the speed limit do to the enforced policemen...
    You actually made several references to LEO's in your post...

But it was Tully that started it the LEO talk...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I'm not saying the law sits and reads this shit on a daily basis, they probably don't. BUT it HAS happened in the past and some have gotten tickets from it

Anyway, the topic of this post is one of a few reasons why most "good" rides are through private emails and phone calls rather than message boards

Maybe the 12 hour 430 mile day on the R6 today has gotten to me?

Yamaha

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Revvy put the good points out there!
    I dont think the PoPo is reading web sites looking for tips on roads traveled by motorcycles, I am sure they know excatly what roads we would scream on!

What I dont want is screwing around on my favorite roads drawing attention to these areas. So when I am riding these roads I don't catch the LEO waiting for me...

The other tough case Jay stated about people being able to find you while in route. I understand that too.
    I guess it is to ones own descretion as to whether or not you want to draw attention to roads your familiar with.

I have seen other sites out there that do not share routes at all and have rules stating not to list routes. If I remember correctly they were worried about cops reading there posts. Which like I sadi is highly unlikely! Who really knows?

Just my 2 pennies...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by Stoneman
    You actually made several references to LEO's in your post...
    But it was Tully that started it the LEO talk...
    Your right but your wrong at the same time, Its the riders that dont have respect to others on the road that cause the LEO's to be targeting sportbikes. Where the idiots roam the Leo's will go... My biggest point I was trying to get across some how still draws a

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Fair enough, I won't talk about the MASS PIKE. Man, if I did, all the squids would ride on the MASS PIKE all the time and ruin it for the rest of us.

Boy, that MASS PIKE is a sweet road, we should really stop touchin knees in the corners on the MASS PIKE. And we shouldn't say how easy it is to wheelie for miles on the MASS PIKE. If we don't, then the state troopers on the MASS PIKE might know to look out for us!

New rule: Nobody mention the MASS PIKE on any forums.....

It's too bad too, I always speed and drive dangerously on the MASS PIKE.

I'm such an ass when my bike doesn't work......

I'll keep the Rt. #'s to myself. I can see RevHappy's points and it's easy enough to give Rt. #'s when the ride begins.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I guess I have no issue not posting routes, Doug, I don't feel like you tore me a new one, I understand what you're saying.

It's just if we self-police ourselves to the point where everything has to be kept super secret, it's going to cut down on the riding a lot. Maybe there needs to be some better way to try and organize rides. When you can come out and post a ride and a route it's a lot easier to get something together considering everyone has busy schedules.

It's pretty easy to figure out if someone is dangerous and avoid going riding with them. For me I think the deciding factor is most of these areas are quite remote.

If you live in the city and talk to most (squiddy) riders, there is no freaking way they are going to ride all the way to the places Nikon mentions for example. That is at least a min 6 hour ride to go there from Boston and come back, and that would be seriously speeding up the slab the whole way and back and just stopping at that one road. Realistically only the guys in the Burlington, VT area are going to be able to go to those places on a regular basis, and it is still a 100 mile round trip, and there aren't that many riders up there.

The guys I meet who I wouldn't want on those roads think riding 2 towns away is really far. If they go on a long ride, it's probably a once a year thing.

There is also the issue of how we are all riding. If I'm riding 150 miles from home with bags on the bike and no safety cushion or riding buddy there's no freaking way I'm going like a bat out of hell trying to drag pegs etc.. Despite the image we may try to put on, 99% of the people I've met from this site are good safe riders who don't speed in a stupid/unsafe manner. Yes people break the law, but look how few crashes are mentioned.

Maybe there are people who are idiots who are going to ruin these roads. If they are dedicated enough that they are going to go on a very long ride to ride some good twisties, they are probably on their way to becoming good riders. Either we ignore/shun them or we try and help them be a little more responsible.

Ben

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by TheIglu

I'll keep the Rt. #'s to myself. I can see RevHappy's points and it's easy enough to give Rt. #'s when the ride begins.
    True dat.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

If people think there is a need to post routes then let em. If you feel that posting routes is wrong, then nobody said you had to go.(not busting anyones nuts here) I personally dont think that its the best idea. Odds are the cops ARENT checkin up on sites like this, but ya never know.
    Not saying i wouldnt go on a ride where the routes are posted, but in the past the PM "rule" has always worked and has NEVER let me down. Think of the PM as a tool. We have em, so use em. If we can at least TRY to stay one step ahead of the cages with lights, we ALL get to keep our licences. Ya dig?

What ever happened to " we are meeting in Concord at where ever " and then just discuss where we wanna go as a group? And if someone(s) wanna go and feel like Concord (or where ever the meeting spot is) is out of the way for them, PM where and when they will be where ever.

Trust me, this is usually the way rides work, and i can say that NO ONE has ever had a bad time out there. Even the people that ALLMOST went down...( right Alfred?)

Gonzo

" Never create what you can't control "

....................... PinHead's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I figure that, ecspecially with the specific routes that I am posting, people already know about them. I don't have to hide Route 17 in Vermont when it is listed as one of the best rides in the Northeast. People looking to ride will find that. Same with 100 and the Smuggs pass - these are routes that EVERYONE knows. It would be like me trying to hide the Dragon's Tail
    What we are trying to say is, how did the above roads mentioned get that way? Think of it like that for a min. With the internet comming into play the word can spread much faster and soon the roads you loved to ride on are filled with weekend squids.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Lifer

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by PinHead
    What we are trying to say is, how did the above roads mentioned get that way? Think of it like that for a min. With the internet comming into play the word can spread much faster and soon the roads you loved to ride on are filled with weekend squids.
    You must really hate this guy.

Whitehorse Press - Motorcycle Journeys through New England, Marty Berke, 256pp.

Hmm... I need to buy that book. Maybe the internet is not responsible for ruining all the roads.

Ben

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I guess this is reason I enjoy trackdays so much. All the turns are located in a very small area, no cops= no tickets and that all important medical help, in case shit does happen.
    Lets see, on Saturdays ride we passed very few LEOs, mixed groups of motorcycles,mostly HDs. The only problem was out of 370 miles ridden, maybe 50 of them were twisty. I really can't LEOs wasting time checking the boards and most of these areas are to remote to attract that many riders. Most people including myself would not be doing that type of ride very often. I am also guessing most roads are on maps so not sure how secret they are.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by benSV
    You must really hate this guy.

Whitehorse Press - Motorcycle Journeys through New England, Marty Berke, 256pp.

Hmm... I need to buy that book. Maybe the internet is not responsible for ruining all the roads.

Ben
    naw... most of the folk that know about Whitehorse are gonna be real riders. while the occasional squid might get a-hold of that book, odds are it ain't gonna have too much of a negative impact.

speaking of which: I've read some excellent excerpts from that book, thanks for reminding me I've gotta order it...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

I have found the best way to find good routes is to used Delorme Atlases, I have them for all the eastern states except I haven't picked up one for Georgia yet. BUT... ya gotta know how to read maps

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by RandyO
    I have found the best way to find good routes is to used Delorme Atlases, I have them for all the eastern states except I haven't picked up one for Georgia yet. BUT... ya gotta know how to read maps

is that them there books wit squigily lines on em

I gotta look at the maps them write down, take left at rt..., take right at rt..., and staple it to the inside of my helmet. As some can attest to I know where I wanna go, and decide as I'm going how to get there( thanks Kev ), when i go out on my own I go back and forth across main roads usaully only within 7 miles of each other...

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

COPS DO NOT CHECK THE BOARDS TO FIND WHERE TO HIDE, AND POSTING THE RT #'S WILL NOT CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF RIDERS ON EACH ROUTE (THE BEST ROUTES HAVE BEEN KNOWN AS GOOD BIKE ROUTES FOR MANY YEARS - no matter what state you are in). A little tidbit...cops are assigned to specific areas (a city, a county, a specific section of a state, etc). Cops already know where the hot spots are, and where to hide. SERIOUSLY!!!!-Anyone, who thinks that posting a route for a ride will make cops sit on that route, is very paranoid. Also, any cops that come to this site will be looking for where to ride not where to hide. CHILL PEOPLE, CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Event and Ride Board is to post events an rides. Have fun people "THE MAN" isn't watching you.

Last edited by zup33; 07-21-03 at 10:19 PM.
    Io amo la mia Ninja
    Vieni con me per una cavalcata

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

SURE... that's just what he WANTS you to believe...

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by zup33
    COPS DO NOT CHECK THE BOARDS TO FIND WHERE TO HIDE, AND POSTING THE RT #'S WILL NOT CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF RIDERS ON EACH ROUTE (THE BEST ROUTES HAVE BEEN KNOWN AS GOOD BIKE ROUTES FOR MANY YEARS - no matter what state you are in). A little tidbit...cops are assigned to specific areas (a city, a county, a specific section of a state, etc). Cops already know where the hot spots are, and where to hide. SERIOUSLY!!!!-Anyone, who thinks that posting a route for a ride will make cops sit on that route, is very paranoid. Also, any cops that come to this site will be looking for where to ride not where to hide. CHILL PEOPLE, CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay, well I posted where to meet and wwwaaaaayyyyyyy to many poeple showed up....

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

SEVENSGT - I agree that if you want a small ride with people you know already then do not post your ride...however what I was talking about was that the over all traffic of the route will not be change by a post.

Io amo la mia Ninja

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

bemused - I'm watching you Just Kidding

Last edited by zup33; 07-21-03 at 11:19 PM.
    Io amo la mia Ninja

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

aw, don't bother... I ain't that interesting...

I'll just be moseying on out that back door over there...

jeff f
    '97 RF900R

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

bemused -

Io amo la mia Ninja

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by zup33
    COPS DO NOT CHECK THE BOARDS TO FIND WHERE TO HIDE
    Coming from this guy, looks like they do now...

" Never create what you can't control "

DON'T POST ROUTES !!!!!!

Originally posted by Mystery Squid

this?

from the trans-forum drama queen?!?

jeff f
    '97 RF900R