Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone up for Drags 8/21/02?

Cool Anyone up for Drags 8/21/02?

I was thinking of taking my bike to the dragway on Wednesday night, anyone else interested?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

where is the dragway?

Jeff
    2002 GSXR-600
    Yosh RS3 Titanium Race
    PIII Power Commander

Lifer

Epping, NH on Rt. 101, it is practically visible from the highway.

Ben

Hey, if the vote is that guys don't like my picture, let me know, I'll take it down . It was from motorcycle weekend. My friends and I wanted to have some fun on the strip. It is always better with my fire gear on! It makes for a very HOT night!

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

hey, don't change the pic... its nice to get a *ahem* when reading your posts

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

LOL, i get a stiffie any time i see a pic of a hot chick! as far as i was told, thats 'normal' (or at least my therapist tells me so, when i am not hammering my head into the wall). no issues here

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

eh, theres many many many standards for what defines hot... sometimes its just voice, sometimes its eyes, sometimes scantily clad, sometimes fully clothed. The things you mentioned that would turn your head if you were a guy are hard to notice 'on the street' just walking around, they don't tend to stick out, so what people tend to point out as hot are mainly flamboyant outward appearances, and lemme tell you scantily clad does catch your attention at the very least... sometimes in a positive way, sometimes a negative, but it ALWAYS draws eyes.

Of course a woman can be unbelievably hot while fully clothed, however, it takes a high 9 - 10 to draw your eyes in that way, whereas whilst scantily clad you'd still look, even if only in disgust at a 1 scantily clad...

Lets see if we can get this thread even more bastardized!!

Chris
    'Shutting his big fat mouth now'

and with that post, the bastardization has almost reached peak capacity... LOL LOL

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Hey JC,
    I think you hit it right on the nose man.
    I just couldn't agree with you any more.
    Ed

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Hey Lovacat, are you always this ignorant, or are you making a special effort today?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

oh spit it out, i am a big boy, i can take a yelling at.
    everyone else is these days, join the crew.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Ummm is this question off topic???? What do you need to do to your bike if anything and what kind of gear do you need to run at Epping??

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

hey JC...
    if i ask really nice, can i have a problem with you?

pretty please with sugar on top?

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

I've seen times on my bike around 10.50 to 10.80 at around 130 mph (1997 ZX7R). But most people that have the same bike on a ZX7R site are running low 11's at mid 120 mph. I'm geared down 1 tooth in the front D&D slip-on and K&N filter, what do you think JC?? How hard and costly is it to hook up that kill switch?

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

yea me too, i'll take a problem with ya.

Bring it!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Is anyone going to be headding up from the Boston or South of Boston area?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

I've seen times on my bike around 10.50 to 10.80 at around 130 mph (1997 ZX7R). But most people that have the same bike on a ZX7R site are running low 11's at mid 120 mph. I'm geared down 1 tooth in the front D&D slip-on and K&N filter, what do you think JC?? How hard and costly is it to hook up that kill switch?
    hey man, be careful and dont get your hopes too high right off the bat (That is IF you have never been there before). i know its a big joke that i cant race well around here, but i do a lot of reading and practicing and know what i need to do to get the bike to go faster. ... replace it.

anyways, those magazine guys are super racers or something, i have no idea how they achieve the times most publish... maybe some can do it, but the average guy aint gonna be able, especially with little practice on the strip.

Enuff rambling, a few things i would say,
    be careful with the launch... its LOTS stickier than the street, especially when warm out. (even the RF wheelies (a li'l bit) on the launch) and

second, dont go through the water box or do a burnout, until you get real comfy or if you have tires that really need to burn out to warm up.. the average street tire... (beware this comment could potentially insight many riots) does NOT need to be warmed on this kind of track for this kind of race. I recently got quite the laugh when one guy got a lot more traction when trying to do a burnout than expected and laucnhed his bike into the people about to start, and i have noted a few newbies drop the bike when trying to warm the sides (i have no idea why?) of the tires. again not necessary for riding in a straight line. There are a coupla more experienced guys up there doing burnouts and shit, most of them say its 90% show 10% effective heating and they have a lot more bike than the average street production vehicle to get hooked up to the strip.

and finally have fun with it, dont expect too much IF this is your first trip to the strip. There are some pro's that frequent Epping, look for Al for one, or TLRman if he ever goes up there again () or this other guy that comes up sporadically on his VMax.... ask them whatever you need to know... very good sources of knowledge. If folks form NESR are there, a lot of tehm have experience with this to share as well.

As for that kill switch idea from R7... great fucking idea, i was talking about it with a bunch of other racers up there, and they all were giving the old D'OH! why didn't i think of that.
    Some just like to spend a lot of money on extra junk they dont need. Some of them have some other real crafty low cost ideas too, i would be happy to share them some time.. but they are much more labor intensive than just driliing one carefuly placed little hole. (very crafty)

unfortunately i cant make it this time, i will be out of town for a wedding, but maybe next week or something.

Last edited by oreo_n2; 08-20-02 at 04:24 PM.
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

First off I DO NOT think that I am all that, and obviously JC doesn't either. You know what, that's ok with me! I don't exactly want to fuck Josh's brains out either, that is why everyone looks different . If my picture gives you a boner, great! If it makes you sick to your stomach, so be it. The picture was taken in fun, I and I am working on another one because it OBVIOUSLY bothers certain people, and I'd rather it not be in the way when trying to see who wants to go to the dragway I am not pissed, so no one take it wrong. Oh and by the way, any of you who really know me, know the real me! The rest of you are entitled to your own opinions . So fuck all of ya

....And I'll be at the track for anyone who cares. I thought thats what this was about anyways

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

I'm game for the drag strip. send me some meeting info.

Jeff
    2002 GSXR-600
    Yosh RS3 Titanium Race
    PIII Power Commander

Originally posted by JC
    I like girls that don't act like they're "all that", regardless of whether they are or not. I especially *don't* like girls that act like they're all that when they're clearly not. I generally feel the same way about guys as well. Get over yourself. I think I'm a jackass... *shrug* ...but it beats people talking shit about me behind my back because I act like I'm all that when I'm clearly not. I find that crudeness is a bit of a turnoff as well.

Personally, I think hot chicks are GREAT to look at. But if they're not sweet, compassionate, confident, and genuinely good people...they bore me. I think a girl's personality has more to do with their outward appearance than most people think.

I realize all that makes me sound like a homo...but I don't even care.
    Just to clarify for all of you, this is not my daily attire. Usually I am totally covered! I know I am a good person. As far as compassionate and kind hearted, that's why I am a firefighter/EMT. To help people. To all of you who think I am shallow, so be it, but I guess you don't know shit about me.

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Jrnunity, We usually meet at the drags, If you want to me at our house, you know where it is. What time do you get out of work?

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Is anyone going to be headding up from the Boston or South of Boston area?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Why the hell is everyone so bent outta shape anyway? It's just a stinkin' avatar, for christ's sake.
    i have been in a pissy fucking mood all damn day. dont know why either, i had a GREAT morning.
    oh well.

where'd lovecat go.. come on, lets keep going rounds woman!!!!

Last edited by oreo_n2; 08-20-02 at 05:36 PM.
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Warming tires and kill switches

Originally posted by oreo_n2

hey man, be careful and dont get your hopes too high right off the bat (That is IF you have never been there before). i know its a big joke that i cant race well around here, but i do a lot of reading and practicing and know what i need to do to get the bike to go faster. ... replace it.

anyways, those magazine guys are super racers or something, i have no idea how they achieve the times most publish... maybe some can do it, but the average guy aint gonna be able, especially with little practice on the strip.

Enuff rambling, a few things i would say,
    be careful with the launch... its LOTS stickier than the street, especially when warm out. (even the RF wheelies (a li'l bit) on the launch) and

second, dont go through the water box or do a burnout, until you get real comfy or if you have tires that really need to burn out to warm up.. the average street tire... (beware this comment could potentially insight many riots) does NOT need to be warmed on this kind of track for this kind of race. I recently got quite the laugh when one guy got a lot more traction when trying to do a burnout than expected and laucnhed his bike into the people about to start, and i have noted a few newbies drop the bike when trying to warm the sides (i have no idea why?) of the tires. again not necessary for riding in a straight line. There are a coupla more experienced guys up there doing burnouts and shit, most of them say its 90% show 10% effective heating and they have a lot more bike than the average street production vehicle to get hooked up to the strip.

and finally have fun with it, dont expect too much IF this is your first trip to the strip. There are some pro's that frequent Epping, look for Al for one, or TLRman if he ever goes up there again () or this other guy that comes up sporadically on his VMax.... ask them whatever you need to know... very good sources of knowledge. If folks form NESR are there, a lot of tehm have experience with this to share as well.

As for that kill switch idea from R7... great fucking idea, i was talking about it with a bunch of other racers up there, and they all were giving the old D'OH! why didn't i think of that.
    Some just like to spend a lot of money on extra junk they dont need. Some of them have some other real crafty low cost ideas too, i would be happy to share them some time.. but they are much more labor intensive than just driliing one carefuly placed little hole. (very crafty)

unfortunately i cant make it this time, i will be out of town for a wedding, but maybe next week or something.
    In 1998 and 1999, i've made about 150 passes at NE dragway with my 98 R1, my personal best time being 10.51 @137 mph, 1.80 60' time. Having the rear step out more than once told me warming the tires (burnout) is VERY important, especially if you are there at night. Not saying to sit there and smoke the fucker off, just get some heat in it!!
    I used to go threw the water box for 2 reasons. 1st, it insures a safe burnout with little traction to keep something unexpected from happening. 2nd, that little splash of water mixxed with concrete sprays up under your inner fender and tail section making rubber removal a breeze!! Those who know me know how anal i am when it comes to having a clean bike

JJ, i got your email about the kill switch and no, i don't have any pictures of it. It's so simple, even oreo couldn't fuck it up.
    Just be sure your kill switch is on the OFF possition when you drill the hole, try to find the smallest bit you can (1/32-1/16) and simply drill threw the corner (when the kill switch is on the ON possition, you should NOT see any signs of the hole).

You people ever plan on going on a saturday or sunday?

I see that you set this time aside to humiliate yourself.

(and yes, before anyone can say it i think i did wake on the wrong side of the kennel today!)

In 1998 and 1999, i've made about 150 passes at NE dragway with my 98 R1, my personal best time being 10.51 @137 mph, 1.80 60' time. Having the rear step out more than once told me warming the tires (burnout) is VERY important, especially if you are there at night.
    With times like that you probably would need to get that tire warm...

i dont think those qualify as the average rider types of times though.

i have been thinking a saturday might be a lot more useful so i can actually get a good number of runs in, in one day. when are there test and tune saturdays. most of the weekends on their website are dedicated to some kind of big event... not test and tune? The drag strip back home though used to open to the public after big events... do they do that here?

Last edited by oreo_n2; 08-20-02 at 09:29 PM.
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast