Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ducati hypermotard premiere?

Anybody heard anything other than what's been posted on the ducati website?
    Ducati

I know Wagner Motor Sports is doing demos tomorrow....anyone know if Dunbar Euro-Sports is doing it as well?

Dunbar is on the list of participating dealers (on the Duc website) but there is no mention of it on the Dunbar website.

Also, who wants to come with me and beat the snot out of some hypermotards?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I was at Seacoast today and a bunch of folks did Hyper demos. At least a couple of 'em were pretty close to opening up their check-books! And everyone of em had huge shite eating grins when then returned! The demo at Seacoast is an S model with a 2 in to 1 exhaust and chip...looked awsome and sounded sweet!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

what time is the one at wagner?

I don't think I have to work, so I def. want to check it out

I did the previous ducati demo at Seacoast and it was a good loop but I don't feel like driving all the way up there. I noticed that Seacoast has an early sign up number on their website so I doubt it'd be worth the ride up since all the bikes are probably spoken for already.

hmn...decisions, decisions...do I go to Wagner where I know they are doing it or go to Dunbar which is closer for me but might not be doing it.

I think I'll head to Dunbar early and see what's going on. If it's a no go, then I will head over to Wagner quickly and see if I can get a ride.

do you know what time it'll be?

they open around 9AM on saturday, so I think I'll show up for then, try to sign up for something early, then go to work later

Both places open at 9am. I plan on getting there about 30min-1hr early since people were already signed up when I got to the Seacoast demo right on time.

the earlier for me, the better...I'm going to aim for 8:30 @ wagner and bring my camera (and maybe the cvs camcorder)

...so I doubt it'd be worth the ride up since all the bikes are probably spoken for already.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the dealers have more than one!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the dealers have more than one!!!
    That would really suck.

Bhavesh, I'm planning to be there around 8:30 as well. See you there.

I went to Wagner Motor Sports and what a colossal waste of my time! I got there 30 mins early so I could sign up and get a spot (that means getting up at 6am). I asked the guy where the sign up sheet was and he was like hold on. He came out with a ghetto list of people scribbled on a notepad and my brother said he saw the guy just create the list in the back room. It seemed like he put all his friends in the first time slots.

There was only one hyper and the dealer only had 3 dealer plates for 5 bikes. The guy claimed that the sign-up started on thursday. It would have been nice to know ahead of time because I just drove 3hrs round-trip for nothing.

They were rude and very disorganized and I would never buy anything from Wagner.

Well we had our motard demo at riverside and some fucktard (3rd or 4th person to test ride it) crashed the bike doing about 1k worth of damage on a bike with 25mi's on it. Happened so early in the afternoon that tons of other people expecting to ride couldn't because the bike was damaged.

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

Quote Originally Posted by duey View Post
    Well we had our motard demo at riverside and some fucktard (3rd or 4th person to test ride it) crashed the bike doing about 1k worth of damage on a bike with 25mi's on it. Happened so early in the afternoon that tons of other people expecting to ride couldn't because the bike was damaged.
    damn...

So... did the dealership's insurance have to cover that?

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Punjistick
    I went to Wagner Motor Sports and what a colossal waste of my time! I got there 30 mins early so I could sign up and get a spot (that means getting up at 6am). I asked the guy where the sign up sheet was and he was like hold on. He came out with a ghetto list of people scribbled on a notepad and my brother said he saw the guy just create the list in the back room. It seemed like he put all his friends in the first time slots.

There was only one hyper and the dealer only had 3 dealer plates for 5 bikes. The guy claimed that the sign-up started on thursday. It would have been nice to know ahead of time because I just drove 3hrs round-trip for nothing.

They were rude and very disorganized and I would never buy anything from Wagner.
    The last time I went in there I dealt with a guy named Rocco, he was a total fucking twat. There's something about being talked to like I'm a piece of shit that gets me out of the mood to spend money. I'll stick with Seacoast.

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    Punjistick

The last time I went in there I dealt with a guy named Rocco, he was a total fucking twat. There's something about being talked to like I'm a piece of shit that gets me out of the mood to spend money. I'll stick with Seacoast.
    Agreed 100%, the guy Rocco just started working there and he just a total ass.

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

man....the hypermotard rules...the husqvarna 610 was cool, but kind of crappy, and owning (personally) a 12 year old motorcycle (designed in 1989) is really starting to show its colors

what can I say? this is an awesome bike

it has awesome torque, has wide gears, has fantastic brakes, has a nice suspension, and despite having an upright riding position, was still two tons of fun to lean over in windy roads

it's a refined bike, and even has turn signals integrated into the hand-guards

this one is also fun, but isn't nearly as nice...it's louder, is MUCH slower, isn't geared very well, (although stops firmly) doesn't have user-friendly brakes, doesn't have an easy to use clutch, is uncomfortable, and doesn't have great ergonomics

on BOTH bikes, the mirrors were useles...they just shook the entire time

but yes, wagner's customer service sucked...