Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

EBR demo ride

EBR demo ride

Got to go on the EBR demo ride this past weekend at Razees. Great day for it, but unfortunately on my ride we got stuck behind slow traffic on the good roads. I rode the 1190RX, good sport bike ergos, strong, strong brakes, plenty of mid range grunt (as expected), very still clutch lever. Supposedly the SX version has the same exact engine tune just more upright.

didn't get to bring my go pro on the ride, just some footage of the fleet leaving the demo truck area.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 09-29-14 at 09:44 AM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Re: EBR demo ride

How did the RX's styling look in person? From the online pics it looks kinda like a Jap bike IMHO and not a pricey, exclusive head turner. Just my 2 cents. Obviously the tech and engine is impressive though. I wish it looked more like this one. Haha

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popu...racing-1190rs/

Last edited by South of Heaven; 09-29-14 at 10:12 AM.
    [SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
    How did the RX's styling look in person? From the online pics it looks kinda like a Jap bike IMHO and not a pricey, exclusive head turner. Just my 2 cents. Obviously the tech and engine is impressive though. I wish it looked more like this one. Haha

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popu...racing-1190rs/
    You mean this one?

The owner bought one of those EBR. I asked if I could take it for a ride instead of the RX. It was a quick NO, lol. The RX looks pretty good in person, but I think the 1199 at a similar price point would turn more heads as far as exotic looking. Its a pretty close comparison to the RC8R. It seems to have more power and stronger brakes than the RC8R as well as traction control, but the RC8R feels smoother, to me anyway and based on only riding each one about 18 miles. Both the EBR and the RC8R are bikes that aren't just going to sell from the salesroom floor they really need to be ridden to get interest I think. Note the KTM in the background for "benchmarking" purposes.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 09-29-14 at 10:26 AM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

I rode one Friday in CT.

I thought it sucked.

Pros. the power of that motor is 10/10. I was dumb or brave enough to give it the beans in 2nd and almost wheelied myself to the moon. With the stock can it sounds like poop. With the aftermarket one, it livened things up a bit but it just didn't do it for me. And I have an irrational love of V-twin bikes. I felt that my old SV1000 made better noises.

I hate the look of the one sided brake but their is no denying it works. call that one a wash

the fit and finish was meh at best. My vfr1200 (which on paper is also a$16,000 bike) is goddamn Lexus compared to the buell. It just had this rough around the edge look. I rode the naked one and I hate how the coolant overflow bottle was right there staring back at me.
    I wasn't fond of the treatment for the rider and passenger pegs.. looked to aftermarket to me.

I didn't mind the guage cluster, (I work in the car biz and are starting to seem them more and more, but everyday I see the one in the IS Fsport and its THAT good that it has ruined everything else, including the 73K corvette sitting in the next showroom.

The guy was quick to point out that EBR put in 20 different levels of TC, like ya'll couldn't have narrowed that down to like 5... the kicker was that to change it you had to go into the menus on the gauges. so whats the point of 20 settings if I have to stop and change it. at least with a bar mounted switch you can see and feel what your changing.

And the final nail in the coffin. The topic of maintence came up. valve job at 600 miles, and every 6K after that..... ive done over 13K this season...
    Sorry EBR, you guys can get fucked.
    The Tuono V4R, S1000R, and Monster 1200 and KTM are MUCH better bikes.
    I'm all for supporting American but for fuck sake.

Personally I felt that the 1125R and its variants were a much better bike at a normal price point.

Did your demo leader have knee pucks taped to his pants? Ours did and I thought that meant we were going for one heck of a test ride, lol. The bike I was on was in TC3, I don't know which way the numbers to as far as TC intervention. I did get quick wheelie on a 1-2 upshift. Not really a vtwin guy yet. I like the smoothness of my I4. But whenever I have a chance to ride something different...

2013 ZX6R-636

no pucks, but a really nice older guy. I totally agree on the riding something different. I wanted to try out the one with the clip-ons, but ran out of time. I'm sure if you let it stretch its legs it runs like a raped ape.