Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Epping tomorrow Apr. 21st

anyone want to go to the dragway in Epping Friday night? I haven't decided if i will be running or watching but either way I will bring the video camera and get some video for you if you go.

http://www.yzf600r.com/phpBB2/viewto...739&highlight=

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: Epping tomorrow Apr. 21st

Originally posted by reiobard
    anyone want to go to the dragway in Epping Friday night? I haven't decided if i will be running or watching but either way I will bring the video camera and get some video for you if you go.

http://www.yzf600r.com/phpBB2/viewto...739&highlight=
    when i move to conc i will join ya - until then it's a bit far to drive

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

What is the deal with the number plates? It is awfully tempting.. seems like a fun thing to do on a friday night, I'd just have to wait till saturday to go up to Loudon.

Originally posted by benVFR
    What is the deal with the number plates? It is awfully tempting.. seems like a fun thing to do on a friday night, I'd just have to wait till saturday to go up to Loudon.

i always wanted to drag my vfr. stage at vtec engage point and dump the clutch. i bet you could take most stock bikes out of the hole and to the 60 ft mark. the vfr's are heavy and wheelspin or wheelies ahould not be a problem.

Lifer

Maybe you weigh more then me but I'm almost positive if I were to dump the clutch at 7k rpm it would definitely wheelie ridiculously.

i think as far as number plates, you just have to have one, last year someone told me you could buy them there pretty cheap, not sure though

Yea, if I hammer the gas from a stop or a roll my front comes up...how would you dump it from 7K? Never spun the rear wheel, but doesn't seem hard to wheelie.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

well i weigh two hundred pounds. not that heavy. i've never dumped it at 7000 but close with no problems. with the right body position i've never had the front end come up more than a foot. same for first gear roll ons unless theres a rise in the road.

Lifer

No doubt the bike doesn't really like to wheelie... only time I've actually pulled a legitimate wheelie I absolutely did it on purpose, cut the throttle and then yank hard about 5k rpm and it came up pretty good.

If I can just buy a # there maybe I'll go. It is unfortunately a big PITA for me to get up there without asking for the afternoon off work. It was like 60 miles of bumper to bumper traffic the whole way last time I went to epping for street night.

i am almost positive you can buy one there, if not just get a white peice of plastic and sharpie a # on the side then zip tie it to the right side of the bike.

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/tra...tprogram.shtml

dont just put any number on there. they want the number to match your ticket stub you get at the gate. i got yelled at for that last year.

you can buy a number plate there but bring a sharpie and zip ties. Just zip tie the thing to the right side of your bike so the tower can see it on your runs.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

thanks for the clarification, are you coming?

ok, not to much interest this friday, i am not going tomorrow, how about next friday? gives a little more time to plan and maybe we can actually get to the track

Lifer

Well I guess that's cool I woke up sick this morning so my motivation to go tonight is low. (Didn't even ride today)

I can't go next week though, but hopefully sometime this will all work out and I can finally go.

I can't wait to go drag racing again. It was way too much fun. I would certainly be up for next Friday but I won't pass tech with my front tire and I won't have fresh rubber on by then.

They sell the number plates at the strip. $2 for a black plate and a bunch of zip ties. Make sure to get there early because the people working there aren't the brightest and you could wait for a bit to get a plate or get through tech.

If you are planning on dumping your clutch on your start, just take into account that you have far more grip at the dragstrip than you do on the street. I thought my clutch was slipping on the street but at the strip on my last pass when it had gotten pretty cool out, I lifted the front end through 3rd gear up to the 120mph range even with me laying on the tank. Actually had to chop the throttle in 1st gear because it was coming up too fast. Mike had some serious wheelie problems too !

Make sure you come prepared. If there is a remote possibility of breaking 120 or doing a sub 11 second pass, you will need to have a tether and run full leathers. Even though you are not required to have it when running under 120mph, I think it would be foolish to not wear your full gear.

this friday the 28th? if so ill tag along.

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold