Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Expo

Expo

Thanks to all of you who showed up. It was great to meet all the faces we had yet to meet, and equally good to get to catch up with the usual suspects. I won't even attempt to list who stopped by, for fear of missing a few of ya...

Special thanks to Gordon & Rye for helping man the booth on Saturday...

Incredible HUGE thanks to Bryan for hanging out pretty much ALL weekend, making food runs, keeping my attitude properly adjusted, and helping us pack up too late Sunday night...

All in all it was a learning experience for us. Not sure if I'd do it again as we didn't get nearly enough outta it to justify the expense and time we put in. But if we do, we now know what more we could do and what we could do without...

We're open to ideas/suggestions for what we coulda done to make it a better experience...

Thanks again to everyone that showed up!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Expo

It was cool..the set up you guys had was nice. There probably isn't too much else you guys could've done...not really the sport bike...road racing element. Mayeb if you had the bike positioned so people could get a closer look at'em. Then you'd have to deal with people putting their grubby fingers all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Expo

Originally posted by bigred875
    It was cool..the set up you guys had was nice. There probably isn't too much else you guys could've done...not really the sport bike...road racing element. Mayeb if you had the bike positioned so people could get a closer look at'em. Then you'd have to deal with people putting their grubby fingers all over them.

what he said... in addition, mebbe a larger monitor for the video, to suck in the idle passersby...

otherwise, I thought y'all did a bang-up job, 'specially for virgins

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Expo

It was great seeing everyone on Saturday. Saw a lot of people I knew, and met a few new ones. (Tom, etc) I had a good time.

Props to you guys for putting this on. It was a lot of work for you and was done to help promote NESR. Great job.

Sorry I missed Sunday. So who won ? Was it # 10 ?

Expo

Originally posted by bemused

what he said... in addition, mebbe a larger monitor for the video, to suck in the idle passersby...

otherwise, I thought y'all did a bang-up job, 'specially for virgins
    ...or maybe having it a little higher up

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Expo

I'm so sorry I didn't get to go. We didn't even go to Quebec! !#^$% My husband woke up with his neck twisted or something, and he has a big bump on one of his shoulder....probably a muscle. Anyway, I waited all weekend for him to tape the playroom so I could do the painting....never happened. If I knew before, I would have move my ass and got up there to see you guys BY MYSELF!

Glad to hear you had fun, maybe the first expo is never the best one? As you said, this one was to learn what to do and what not. A suggestion for the bike, next time if you don't want people to touch it, put posts and cable around it.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Expo

-*IF* we do it again, we'll shoot for a show that's a bit more sportbike oriented...

-I was never worried about people touching the bikes. Ya kinda gotta let 'em if they wanna. A lot of the chopper dudes had no problem with peeps sitting on their bikes for pix, etc. It's part of the show...

-#10 won, hands down. BTW-We all learned yesterday that she was only 18! Her boyfriend (and I mean BOY) showed up and made it pretty obvious that she was indeed. Removed ALL doubt...

-Having two bikes there was too much. Didn't leave us much room to maneuver under our EZ-Up...

-Trying to 'promote' two things (NESR/NESR Racing) was a bit much too. We shoulda focused on one or the other...

-We shoulda worked it in shifts or tried to recruit a little more help with that...

-Dan's trailer is HUGE!

These are just a few things I'd rethink if (again, IF) I was to try this again...

Expo

Had a blast and was glad to help out! Man, what a fookin' zoo the loading area was! Dan's rig would STILL be there, ha ha!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Expo

Originally posted by Stoneman
    -

-Having two bikes there was too much. Didn't leave us much room to maneuver under our EZ-Up...
    I do like the pitbox there though. Would be kinda nice for people to get up close and personal with a racebike....mayube have the lower off while on the pitbox with a brief detail of what has been done for mods. Sorry I wasn't there on Sunday too....

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

NESR Booster

Expo

Nice to finally meet some of you guys...Had a good time....to many choppers....some nice bling bikes....and good ole "10". Sorry I didn't stay long...had to get home so I could ride. We should plan a group ride soon....Rock

I Dance With Will

Expo

there is another madness event coming up on April 17,18 i think. same place. hopfully i have a bike to ride up andweather is warm.

"fuckit!"

Expo

Originally posted by Kham
    there is another madness event coming up on April 17,18 i think. same place. hopfully i have a bike to ride up andweather is warm.
    I believe that one's actually in Maine...

Expo

Stoneman,

It was great what you did and on such short notice. I really enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the crew that were there.

BTW, I posted some pics of #10 in the ride and event forum where you posted some earlier. Also, I put up a few pics of the Sport bikes in my gallery. I look forward to some good rides this year. As for being 18, who cares. Her little boyfriend will be history by the end of the summer and then we can look all we want at "Loud Pipes" LOL