Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hey Oreo...

Lifer

Hey Oreo...

Do you still want to try and meet up at lunch?

I don't have that much time but if we could work out a good place to meet up, I could ride with you for a little while. (I don't want to take TOO long of a lunch though.)

I don't know anything up where you are but if you could come down towards lowell I know a couple nice roads we could easily make it too during lunch.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hey Oreo...

yo yo yo, i am down with that... what time and where?! maybe like 11:45 somewhere near you? Name the place.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Hey Oreo...

Hmmm..

I would assume you are going to come down Rt. 495?

I forget the exit # for chelmsford. I believe it is Exit 34 and it dumps you onto Chelmsford St and there is a Sunoco station immediately to the right off the exit. I can meet you there pretty easily, and then we can go hop on Rt. 3 and I'll take you up to Rt 40, which has a nice 5 mile twisty section.

If you get off the exit and you go by Crosspoint Towers (tallest buildings by far in the area) and the movie theater, you went too far. You should be able to see the gas station as you come to a stop at the end of the ramp, I believe it's like 30 ft from the ramp to the parking lot.

I have a red SV and my jacket is red and my helmet is black. Let me know what color your bike and clothes are just in case we have a hard time finding each other.

Ben

[Edited on 4/11/02 by benSV]

Hey Oreo...

ok i am wearing a red/white/black jacket... witha black helmet and my bike is red.
    See you as soon as i can get there.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Hey Oreo...

Ben... Thanks for showing me some great roads up there. I missed Josh later on, so i went back through where we went for my ride home.... i dont think i hit the same road twice through there... got pretty lost for a while actually. but man was it worth it. I had a blast!!!!.

So i also tried playing on the interchange between 495 and 93... the cloverleaf thing... i read about doing that from a post on this sight somewhere.
    Anyways, What a BLAST!!!!! i must have been going in circles for like an hour, but what a difference it made for my right turning abilities.

What a great Hooky day! And i actually was sick when i woke up this morning... still am actually. oh well, the fresh air makes it all better!!!!!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Hey Oreo...

Dude were you actually sick? I hope I didn't catch it from you.

I like the pace we were riding at, so if you want to ride again sometime, I can show you a bunch more roads up in my direction. Most of the stuff in NH is safer IMO because there is much less traffic and far fewer places for cars to jump out in front of you.

There is a good ramp if you go from Rt 495 North onto Rt 3 North. It is about 270 degrees and it changes radius twice, as well as some possible camber changes. I haven't ever managed to be there at the right time of day to rip through it on my bike, but I go through it all the time in my car and see how fast I can go.

Just watch out cause cloverleafs always have crash barriers and those are bad news for cyclists.

Ben