Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

hill climbs/ Auto rd

hill climbs/ Auto rd

Any rides from the area going on for bike week? I plan on hitting Gunstock and doing the Auto Rd on Thursday, curious if there are any slow boats heading over. Not really slow but I plan on a passenger possibly maybe for the Auto Rd and solo for Gunstock.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    out with the old

2003 Z1000 w/ Pazzo levers, ZX9 master w/ H E L SS lines, Renthal ultra lows,636 suspension, ZX10 wheels/ brakes/ rotors, Hyper Pro dampener, Gilles Rearsets, Full muzzy with PC111 and other none essentials

In with new

2010 Z1000 w/ smoke Pazzo's, CRG's Arrows and FMF Apex exhaust

In hibernation

Re: hill climbs/ Auto rd

I will be up there for those events...
    I'm actually off work that entire week, and although I wont be at the center of the rally in laconia, I'll be criss-crossing a lot of the side-events. Hit me up if you're up there and want to meet up

Yup, what Chris said. We take the week off and hit all the 'side events'. Be warned though: you'll HATE doing the bike-only days up Mt. Washington. This year, there'll be two of 'em but I can't remember which days they are. You can find that on the auto road website...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

In hibernation

Thanks for the heads up Stoneman!

I was acutally wondering about the bike only days up the mountain (I've never done them) ... I do the auto-road every year and usually pick a non-event/non-holiday weekend to do it. I'll be covering a lot of the side events personally (actually sitting here highlighting the ones I like as I *speak*). As we get closer I'm sure discussion on here will increase and we'll end up getting some groups together!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Yup, what Chris said. We take the week off and hit all the 'side events'. Be warned though: you'll HATE doing the bike-only days up Mt. Washington. This year, there'll be two of 'em but I can't remember which days they are. You can find that on the auto road website...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    . Be warned though: you'll HATE doing the bike-only days up Mt. Washington. ...
    why?

out with the old

2003 Z1000 w/ Pazzo levers, ZX9 master w/ H E L SS lines, Renthal ultra lows,636 suspension, ZX10 wheels/ brakes/ rotors, Hyper Pro dampener, Gilles Rearsets, Full muzzy with PC111 and other none essentials

In with new

In hibernation

I can only imagine the cluster-fuck that auto road is gonna be with some 1000+ bikes going up and down, nevermind the parking situation at the summit usually accomodating only 50 or so cars.. UGH... I wouldnt want to put myself through that misery. I do go up there every year... usually on an off day and get almost no traffic. 20% chance you'll have anything more than 10 feet of visibility up there but its fun nonetheless.

If you are going to the hill climb, check out my post for the sport bike rally ride headed up there on the 17th. If you're in the area, or along the route please think about joining up. I would like to get a good 30-50+ bikes to roll in at once!!! :-)

-leaf

Quote Originally Posted by RS117 View Post
    why?
    Imagine a sea of parked bikes trying to get up rt. 16 north of conway. Then imagine another sea of the same trying to do the same but on the kanc going for bear notch rd. All to get to the same place while douche bags........you get the idea. Go on an off day. I too take the whole week off with family coming up from Md. Hoping the weather permits and making an overnight trip to the tower bridge in Bucksport Me.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by RS117 View Post
    why?
    It's been described pretty good so far. Now add getting locked in behind a trail of mistuned, straight-piped Harleys snaking their way up the mountain. And I mean CHUGGING along at that. It's fuckin' nausiating and extremely irritating. I do the Auto Road at least once a year. But I almost always do it on a weekday when most of the rest of the world is working, or early enough that the tourists are all still snugged down...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Thanks

out with the old

In with new

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

can u take a bike up mt washington on a day that isn't one of those days

You can take your bike up pretty much anytime. The only reason they shut it down to bikes during the "riding season" is due to high winds to my knowledge. Been up in the car with the misses, still need to do it on 2. Last time I had it all ready to go, literally gassed and fooded up, and they called for rain, I changed plans and it was fuckin sunny all day. Just roll the dice when it comes to the mount. Fuckin meteoroglogists. Futurecast this

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

In hibernation

This is a great example as to why sport bikes should try to avoid the auto road on the bikes only days.... I'm all set with being stuck in the middle this cluster!!!

Just filter through...most of those bikes are the size of cars anyway

Ray are we going to meet up the first weekend? Is that this weekend? Let me know what you're thinking and I'll see if I can get Neil onboard.