Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Indy Moto GP

Indy Moto GP

Is anyone here going?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Indy Moto GP

I am thinking about it but will fly out, not ride. If I book, I will post up.

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

Yep. I'm in with Joel (FINAO)...DHawks...and JGard. Penthouse E...right atop T1.

2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT

I should be making the trip out.

If you have not see this yet here it is.

Current Red Bull Indy GP Schedule
    by staff

This is the current Indy Red Bull GP Schedule at IMS:

Fri, Aug 28 PRACTICE DAY
    125cc Free Practice 1 12:40-1:40 p.m.
    MotoGP Free Practice 1 1:55-2:55 p.m.
    250cc Free Practice 1 3:10-4:10 p.m.

Sat, Aug 29 QUALIFYING DAY
    125cc Free Practice 2 9-9:40 a.m.
    MotoGP Free Practice 2 9:55-10:55 a.m.
    250cc Free Practice 2 11:10 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
    125cc Qualifying 1-1:40 p.m.
    MotoGP Qualifying 1:55-2:55 p.m.
    250cc Qualifying 3:10-3:55 p.m.

Sun, Aug 30 RACE DAY
    125cc Warm Up 9:40-10 a.m.
    250cc Warm Up 10:10-10:30 a.m.
    MotoGP Warm Up 10:40-11 a.m.
    125cc Race (23 laps) Noon
    250cc Race (26 laps) 1:15 p.m.
    MotoGP Race (28 laps) 3 p.m.
    Schedule subject to change

We're flying in around 9:30 Friday morning. Last year we ended up at the Red Bull bar in downtown, drinking tequila shots until 2:00 am on Saturday...after a brief stop at the Steak N' Shake for food and barfing (two of the crew nearly fell asleep on the toilet rim)...we barely made the race the next day. Completely missed the first race because we couldn't get going until after noon.

2020 KTM SMC R
    NO LIMIT

My Indy GP tickets arrived today. Cant wait to see the race. Hope the weather is better this year than what it was last.

We got our tickets last week. Great seats...weather can't be any worse.

2020 KTM SMC R
    NO LIMIT

yeah, pretty sure the chances of a hurricane coming through there again are slim! I can't wait for the race weekend, it should be a blast.

Note to self, 13 shots of tequila is not happening again. Also, I wouldn't mind going to steak and shake to eat and not barf this time. haha

Info to pass along

When the world's best motorcycle racers come to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Aug. 28-30, one of the most exciting events associated with the Red Bull Indianapolis GP also will return.

Motorcycles on Meridian, a gathering of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts, will take place from 7 p.m.-3 a.m. Friday, Aug. 28 and Saturday, Aug. 29 on South Meridian Street in downtown Indianapolis. In 2008, a large gathering of motorcycles and riders descended upon downtown Indianapolis during the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP weekend and parked along Meridian, creating a safe, festive environment for motorcycle enthusiasts.

The event is free and open to everyone, riders and non-riders, to experience the motorcycle culture of Indianapolis.

For both nights of the event, South Meridian Street between South Street and Maryland Street will be open to motorcycle traffic only. Additional motorcycle parking will be available on the south half of Monument Circle, along the curbs of South Meridian Street between Monument Circle and Maryland Street. All motorcycles must enter from South Street moving north on Meridian Street.

All parking garages in the area will be open and accessible.

yep, that's where we meandered to last year...then proceeded to have WAY too many shots of tequila at the Red Bull sponsored bar/tent on the street. Good place to spend the evening, for sure.

Just got asked to go on friday. If I can get the time off from work I'm in!!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Schedule | IMS Tickets | Buy MotoGP Gear

The Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Aug. 28-30 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway offers a dream weekend for motorcycle racing enthusiasts, on and off the track.

A full schedule of events is planned during the second annual MotoGP event at IMS, including more than 11 hours of overall on-track time for the best riders in the world on Practice Day, Friday, Aug. 28, Qualifying Day, Saturday, Aug. 29 and Race Day, Sunday, Aug. 30.

The action starts at 9:30 a.m. Friday with rider question-and-answer sessions and a Riders For Health Charity Auction until 12:30 p.m. at the 6th Street Stage located in the IMS infield.

Fans can get an up-close look at the exotic prototype motorcycles raced in MotoGP during the popular Pit Walkabout, which takes place from 9:45-11:30 a.m.

All three classes - MotoGP, 250cc and 125cc - each will have one-hour practice sessions Friday afternoon. MotoGP superstars Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, and American stars Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayden will get their first laps of the weekend on the 2.621-mile circuit from 1:55-2:55 p.m. Friday.

The Saturday schedule is packed with more than five hours of on-track time among the three classes, with practice in the morning and qualifying in the afternoon.

Morning practices start at 9 a.m., with MotoGP on track at 9:55 a.m. A Cycle World Seminar will take place from 12:10-1 p.m. on the 6th Street Stage before qualifying begins at 1 p.m. MotoGP riders will start their high-speed quest for the pole at 1:55 p.m.

IZOD Blue With Wing And Wheel Striped Tie

IZOD Blue With Wing And Wheel Striped Tie.

$20.00

View More Items »
    After qualifying, a free concert by Crash, the rock band led by MotoGP star James Toseland, will take place from 4:30-5:30 p.m. on the 6th Street Stage.

Race Day adrenaline kicks in quickly with a stunt riders show at 8:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by separate Warm Up sessions for all three classes from 9:40-11 a.m.

The 125cc race, featuring American rookie Cameron Beaubier, starts at noon, followed by the 250cc race at 1:15 p.m.

Pre-race festivities for the featured MotoGP race will start at 2:15 p.m. with parade laps by 1993 World Champion Kevin Schwantz on the 500cc Suzuki that legendary American Schwantz rode to the world title.

The countdown then will continue to the MotoGP race, which starts at 3 p.m.

Motorcycle enthusiasts also can browse and purchase the latest gear and aftermarket accessories all three days at the Vendor Marketplace in the Gasoline Alley Garages.

Race weekend activity outside of IMS includes the XDL Sportbike Freestyle Championship and Motorcycles on Meridian events Friday and Saturday evening in downtown Indianapolis, and the Lucas Oil Indy Mile AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National race on Saturday night at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

By Paul Kelly
    indianapolismotorspeedway.com
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rider Q&A Schedule

Riders from every MotoGP team, including superstars Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, will participate in question-and-answer sessions with fans Friday, Aug. 28 at the Red Bull Indianapolis GP.

Sixteen riders are scheduled to take questions on the 6th Street Stage in the infield during sessions from 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday, the opening day of the MotoGP event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. SPEED TV personality Ralph Sheheen and Eurosport MotoGP announcer Toby Moody will serve as hosts.

The schedule (riders and times subject to change):

Time
    Rider(s)

9:45-10 a.m.
    Niccolo Canepa (Pramac Racing)

10-10:15 a.m.
    Gabor Talmacsi (Scot Racing Team MotoGP)

10:15-10:30 a.m.
    Chris Vermeulen, Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki MotoGP)

10:30-10:45 a.m.
    Dani Pedrosa, Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda Team)

10:45-11 a.m.
    Mika Kallio (Ducati Team)

11-11:15 a.m.
    Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team)

11:15-11:30 a.m.
    Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing Team), Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda MotoGP)

11:30-11:45 a.m.
    Valentino Rossi (Fiat Yamaha Team)

11:45 a.m.-Noon
    Jorge Lorenzo (Fiat Yamaha Team)

Noon-12:15 p.m.
    Colin Edwards, James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3)

12:15-12:30 p.m.
    Toni Elias, Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini)

The Rider Q&A's are part of a big day for fans on and off the track to open the exciting race weekend.

Fans can get an up-close look at the exotic prototype motorcycles raced in MotoGP during the popular Pit Walkabout, which takes place from 9:45-11:30 a.m. A Riders For Health Charity Auction also will take place on the 6th Street Stage during the Rider Q&A's until 12:30 p.m.

All three classes - MotoGP, 250cc and 125cc - each will have one-hour practice sessions Friday afternoon. Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Americans Hayden and Edwards will get their first laps of the weekend on the 2.621-mile circuit from 1:55-2:55 p.m.

Right now it looks like I'm flying out with my father Thursday afternoon for Indy, staying at a La Quinta near the airport and leaving early monday morning.

Like I said they say, nothing stops a party barge.

97' Ducati 900SS - Sometimes runs

I enjoyed my SSCR here is of it. Mabe see you in INDY.

Sweet my tickets just got better.

Imagine walking the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval during a tour guided by four-time Indianapolis 500 winner Rick Mears in the Month of May.

Motorcycle racing enthusiasts can have this kind of once-in-a-lifetime experience as 1993 World Champion Kevin Schwantz will provide a guided tour of the 2.621-mile road course for Corner 9 Club customers at 5:40 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28 during the Red Bull Indianapolis GP.

Going to do a track walk with Kevin Schwantz

Quote Originally Posted by EJLemo View Post
    Is anyone here going?
    Hey EJ, Check out sv484's avatar and no we are not going this year but are going to spain even though it looks like a rossi event.

Just booked hotel flight and rental car. I was also just informed that my package includes a ticket to the Indy Mile dirt track races .............................

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

lucky! I wanna go check out that dirt track race actually, do you know how far away it is and how much tickets are?

Like I said they say, nothing stops a party barge.

97' Ducati 900SS - Sometimes runs

Even Though FOX Will Broadcast The MotoGP Race Live, SPEED Will Have A Big Presence At Indy
    Aug 22, 2009, ©Copyright 2009, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

From a press release issued by SPEED Channel:

SPEED™ PARTY PIT A MUST FOR MOTOGP FANS AT INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX

RIDER, CELEBRITY AUTOGRAPH AND Q&A SESSIONS TO HIGHLIGHT WEEKEND MIDWAY ACTIVITIES

The mobile SPEED™ Party Pit will make a stop at famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Aug. 28-30, setting up camp at the Indianapolis Grand Prix for the 12th race of the 2009 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix.

SPEED on-air personalities Ralph Sheheen, Greg White and Hall-of-Famer Scott Russell, as well as Cycle World’s Kevin Cameron, will make appearances throughout the weekend, bringing along riders and industry experts to meet and greet fans in the SPEED Party Pit Lounge, a 2,000-square-foot tent located on the Midway between Turns 9 and 10.

For rider appearance updates, please visit: http://www.facebook.com/speedtv.

Admission to the SPEED Party Pit is free and includes the opportunity for:

· Pictures with the SPEED Umbrella Girls

· SPEED prizes given away hourly

· Live Indianapolis MotoGP weekend coverage on any of six 62-inch TVs

Hosted by SPEEDtv.com motorcycle editor Neale Bayle and Aaron Stevenson, founder, CEO and chief instructor of the Cornerspeed and Cornerspin Motorcycle Schools (www.cornerspeed.net), the SPEED Party Pit will be open each day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

SPEED will offer same-day coverage of MotoGP World Championship qualifying (Aug. 29, 7 p.m. ET) and MotoGP 250 race coverage (Aug. 30, 6 p.m. ET). FOX will carry the MotoGP World Championship race LIVE on Aug. 30 at 3 p.m. ET. Leigh Diffey will join Russell calling the race, with White in the pits.

I dont think the Dirt track is that far. My guess would be about 30min from downtown.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mYLxmG_HY

Above is the best pass and reaction I have seen in years.

Below is from last year but the video is great.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related

Enjoy

I cant wait till this comin weekend