Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

International Motorcycle Show NYC!!!

Re: International Motorcycle Show NYC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR750Mke View Post
    no no ....14.57 sec. and no chain no sprocket just pull one wheel off and put a new one on...pretty simple...
    Ok, that makes much more sense....seconds, not minutes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR750Mke View Post
    no no ....14.57 sec. and no chain no sprocket just pull one wheel off and put a new one on...pretty simple...
    sounds like cheating. you gotta do it with all the stuff. and no captive spacers or other quick change gadgets. that I'd like to see.

It was harder than it looked. I did it in 23.x. I beat the guy I was racing against, but was pretty far off from the 14.5 you had to beat. You get a warm up trial before you do it. It was on real race bikes, too. One of the guys after me almost knocked the whole bike over. The guy running the event had to run over and catch it. Quickest time I saw was 17.9. most people were in the 20's, couple 30's.

A little disappointed with the show. It was big and all, but I was hoping there would be more free swag at the booths. Most of the bikes on display, you could see at your local dealer. Most of the stuff for sale were Harley type products (like patches) or things I would never buy at a show (helmets, suits). The Moto GP bike display was cool. Yamaha had Lorenzo's and Hayes' bikes. I thought there would be more models at the displays (women...not bikes). The pit challenge was fun. Couldn't get close enough to the stunt show to watch it. Saw my boy Todd from Heroic, another guy from Street and Comp and Brendan and his girl.

All in all, it was a fun trip. Weather was nice, had fun with my crew. We made great time there and back, only cost $10 each for gas and tolls, $3 each for parking, $15 for the show tickets. We ended up going to Time Square, Trade Center monument, Chinatown, Little Italy, saw Paul, Jr's World Trade Center chopper, laughed alot on the way down and back. Like I said, pretty fun trip. Probably wouldn't pay money to go again, though.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    It was harder than it looked. I did it in 23.x. I beat the guy I was racing against, but was pretty far off from the 14.5 you had to beat. You get a warm up trial before you do it. It was on real race bikes, too. One of the guys after me almost knocked the whole bike over. The guy running the event had to run over and catch it. Quickest time I saw was 17.9. most people were in the 20's, couple 30's.

A little disappointed with the show. It was big and all, but I was hoping there would be more free swag at the booths. Most of the bikes on display, you could see at your local dealer. Most of the stuff for sale were Harley type products (like patches) or things I would never buy at a show (helmets, suits). The Moto GP bike display was cool. Yamaha had Lorenzo's and Hayes' bikes. I thought there would be more models at the displays (women...not bikes). The pit challenge was fun. Couldn't get close enough to the stunt show to watch it. Saw my boy Todd from Heroic, another guy from Street and Comp and Brendan and his girl.

All in all, it was a fun trip. Weather was nice, had fun with my crew. We made great time there and back, only cost $10 each for gas and tolls, $3 each for parking, $15 for the show tickets. We ended up going to Time Square, Trade Center monument, Chinatown, Little Italy, saw Paul, Jr's World Trade Center chopper, laughed alot on the way down and back. Like I said, pretty fun trip. Probably wouldn't pay money to go again, though.

You forgot to mention White Castles for dessert

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Yankmee Beemers has a bus as well. The front is for sober people, the back is for the party animals, from what I understand.
    That's pretty much how it goes Dana. The show is the least exiting event of the day. The real fun happens on the bus ride.

I went Sunday, on the bus with the NEDOC. I saw some cool stuff, had a couple useful conversations about aftermarket seats, and new bike models and such. The one real highlight of the show was the actual World's Fastest Indian, which they started up a couple times. That was worthwhile.

I probably won't go back for a few years. I used to try to make it to this show every year in Long Beach, CA, because there the manufacturers show up with the testride trucks and you can try some stuff out. In NYC in January, not so much.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345