Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ISLE OF MAN TT

ISLE OF MAN TT

The wife and I are planning a trip to Bolgna Italy next May/June to visit the ...(What else)..Ducati factory. We are first going to The Isle of Man in the British Isles to see the race which hasn't come out with an official schedule yet but will be between May 24th and June 6th 2008. Is anyone else going over to see the races next year? If so we can get better deals on accomodations with a group of people. We were thinking of a bed and breakfast but would rather rent out a house with a group of people, we will also be renting motorcycles of course, theyare pretty cheap to rent and the Island has amazing roads. PM if interested or just post up.

For those of you who have no idea what the Isle of Man TT is.... Welcome to iomtt.com - The official Isle of Man TT 2007 website

I call this "Real Racing for real men"!

Mark,

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

ISLE OF MAN TT

Hmm my fiance has been asking me if i'd like to visit the Ducati factory for awhile now. I'll talk to her later and see what she thinks of this, would be a good time. Seeing that i work for a ducati dealer i wonder if i can get any "pull" in the factory to get discounts lol

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

ISLE OF MAN TT

Quote Originally Posted by duey View Post
    Hmm my fiance has been asking me if i'd like to visit the Ducati factory for awhile now. I'll talk to her later and see what she thinks of this, would be a good time. Seeing that i work for a ducati dealer i wonder if i can get any "pull" in the factory to get discounts lol

PULL?????????? As in "Back stage Passes" in the Ducati Factory?? BOOYAAA

CCS|LRRS EX#49

ISLE OF MAN TT

my girl and I are thinking about heading over for the TT or the British Moto GP race or both. I've got friends that live in Brighton, so we'd have a place to stay. My girl and I are planning on making this a 2 week visit to travel from England to Italy and back. We're gonna rent a bike travel Europe.

08 Ape RSV1000R
    09 Ram 1500 Black Big Horn
    10 Mini Cooper S sleeper (hers)

ISLE OF MAN TT

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
    my girl and I are thinking about heading over for the TT or the British Moto GP race or both. I've got friends that live in Brighton, so we'd have a place to stay. My girl and I are planning on making this a 2 week visit to travel from England to Italy and back. We're gonna rent a bike travel Europe.

Rent a bike and travel Europe???? Now that sounds interesting. Do you have any plans in place? My wife just said she'd love to travel Europe on bike!

CCS|LRRS EX#49

ISLE OF MAN TT

We're going to meet up with my buddy and his wife in England. I think on the 4th or so. Or at least two days before the TT. After the TT we'll rent our bikes in London. They seem to have the largest selection of bikes. We'll then hop the ferry over to France, ride to Paris. Stay a few nights. The ride from Paris to East coast is about 5 hrs. Then our plan was to ride north along the coast of France, then south along the coast of Italy. Maybe hop a ferry over to Malta for a few nights. If we don't make it down to Malta, we'd head to the east coast of Italy and catch another ferry over to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Spend a few nights there. Dubrovnik has some of the cleanest, clearest, and fish abundant waters in the Aegean sea. Then we'd head back to England for the Moto GP race which I think is on the 25th of June. Our plans are still up in the air as of now. We're still in the planning stages.
    here is a link to the moto rental place I found
    Motorcycle Rental in Europe - Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, U.K. - AdMo-Tours

08 Ape RSV1000R
    09 Ram 1500 Black Big Horn
    10 Mini Cooper S sleeper (hers)

ISLE OF MAN TT

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
    We're going to meet up with my buddy and his wife in England. I think on the 4th or so. Or at least two days before the TT. After the TT we'll rent our bikes in London. They seem to have the largest selection of bikes. We'll then hop the ferry over to France, ride to Paris. Stay a few nights. The ride from Paris to East coast is about 5 hrs. Then our plan was to ride north along the coast of France, then south along the coast of Italy. Maybe hop a ferry over to Malta for a few nights. If we don't make it down to Malta, we'd head to the east coast of Italy and catch another ferry over to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Spend a few nights there. Dubrovnik has some of the cleanest, clearest, and fish abundant waters in the Aegean sea. Then we'd head back to England for the Moto GP race which I think is on the 25th of June. Our plans are still up in the air as of now. We're still in the planning stages.
    here is a link to the moto rental place I found
    Motorcycle Rental in Europe - Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, U.K. - AdMo-Tours

Thanks for the link. We're still in the planning stages as well. Alot to look up

CCS|LRRS EX#49

ISLE OF MAN TT

If you can get an idea of prices for the TT segment of the trip (hotel, travel, tickets, et), let me know.

ISLE OF MAN TT

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    If you can get an idea of prices for the TT segment of the trip (hotel, travel, tickets, et), let me know.
    Once I get everthing together I'll post how much and when, where etc etc. I know alot of people would probably be interested. Seeing the TT is one of the things I've always said I wanted, and was going, to do in my life. I'm sure other here feel the same way.

CCS|LRRS EX#49

ISLE OF MAN TT

Definately on my "To-Do List".

I'll be doing more research on this. And a trip like this would certainly be more fun going with few other people.

Keep me updated if you guys find anything new.

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

ISLE OF MAN TT

i met these 2 brits from schwantz school, they have been done track days in most of the SBK circuits in Europe and Philip Island. I would rather do track days and travel in cars or trains. (more legs room and luggages).

and TT is a must during my lifetime.

Carlton
    My facebook