Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

July 8 Route

July 8 Route

Ok, I need input, as this is the first route I have ever tried to put together. I also hope to not lead for the majority of this trip, as I most likely won't be traveling as fast as some of you.

From Best Buy, Manchester, NH 9AM:
    -Rte 114 N
    -Rte 149 W
    -Rte 9 into Keene, meet up with those coming from Mass at McDonald's (I am not 100% sure where that is) at 10:30AM (should be enough time, right?)

From McDonald's, Keene, NH 10:30AM:
    -Rte 12 N
    -Rte 11 W into VT
    -Rte 100 N to Irasville, VT
    -Rte 17 (I think it is 17W toward NY that we will be taking, correct?)

From 17, whenever we happen to finish:
    (option 1 - longer and funner - but I have no idea how long any of this takes)
    -23 S
    -125 W
    -22A S
    -73 E (looked like a decent road on the map)
    -100 S
    -4 E to Lebanon
    (option 2, unknown but I am sure there are more direct routes to the highway)

From Lebanon, either pick up 89S, or I am quite familiar with this area so if people are still alive at this point, and interested, there are multiple ways back to the Manchester area. Rob and I (depending on time and energy) may stay at my parents' house in Claremont, or may head directly back to Concord, but I know some decent easy roads from Lebanon that are not slab, and will get you further south with only a little extra time.

K, so let me know if this is way too ambitious for one day, or if you guys think it will work. I assume we will get to Rte 17 around 2PM, probably an hour on it, but I really have no idea.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

July 8 Route

Route 114 from Manch is el sucko, traffic-wise...

July 8 Route

That one wasn't my idea....but I will definitely keep it in mind, thanks.

All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!

July 8 Route

are we trying to get to vt as soon as possable? if so thats not a bad route. i could take us rt 101 west to some cool curvy roads then over to keene. i used to live in keene so i know that area very well. i wish i had a map on me to reference.

even though i live closer to keene then manchester i still plan on meeting at best buy.

July 8 Route

At 9:00am the traffic shouldn't be bad Stoneman. I mean we're only talking about 10 miles on 114 till we hit 149.

You comingon this ride Stoner?

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

July 8 Route

I can meet you guys somewhere on 100.

I will go south until I see a group of sportbikes then turn around and follow.
    Before you get to 17 I think there is Lincoln Gap road that make a good loop (lincoln gap-116-17 back to 100)

I think. I will go scout it Tomorrow afternoon.

I will even see if I can find a meet up point on 100.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

July 8 Route

Originally posted by Doc
    I can meet you guys somewhere on 100.

I will go south until I see a group of sportbikes then turn around and follow.
    Before you get to 17 I think there is Lincoln Gap road that make a good loop (lincoln gap-116-17 back to 100)

I think. I will go scout it Tomorrow afternoon.

I will even see if I can find a meet up point on 100.
    Lot's of dirt on Lincoln Gap road I think. Dirt as in NO pavement. Regards, Jake

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

July 8 Route

Maybe that is not the road I was thinking of...

SHIT!!! I just remembered I have to run a range this weekend!!

Damn! damn! SHIT!!!

Son of a bitch..maybe I can get out early....

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

July 8 Route

Just an fyi, "irasville" is actually part of the town of waitsfield VT. Some maps confuse the issue.
    It is where the junction of rt 17 and rt 100 meet. Rt 17 starts in waitsfield at that junction, terminating at the ny border.
    It is indeed 17 west....

and if any of you are ever at this intersection there is also the local folk smokehouse at the intersection that has good food.

~ FTrain

July 8 Route

sounds like lunch

July 8 Route

Would we be getting there at a good lunch time? 'Cause that sure does sound like good riding food!

July 8 Route

by the time we leave Keene at 10:30 I doubt we'll make it there by lunchtime unless it's a late lizzzunch!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

July 8 Route

Originally posted by Uncle Snake
    Lot's of dirt on Lincoln Gap road I think. Dirt as in NO pavement. Regards, Jake

Most of the rides I go on include dirt at some point. I go with a map and no clue and always seems to end up with dirt.

East Washington road in hillsboro is an example.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

July 8 Route

Lincoln Gap road I've heard has some good twisties, but about 50% of it is dirty. 125 is great, some nice "bowl" typle corners you can really stuff the bike into. 73 is GREAT on the west side of the mountain, but the east side, the pavement is REALLY rough, but honestly, I think the "good" side of the mountain makes it plenty worth it.

116 is BLAH, pretty much straight, and you have to go through a few town centers where you encounter stoplights, and are stuck with a 20/25mph speed limit.

I did a similar ride 2 weekend ago, and we did 73 west, 7 north, to 125 east, 100 north (this stretch of 100 is great), and then that takes you right up to 17. Great little loop IMO. I'd say we'd see 17 by 1-2pm at the very latest.

To save some time, and hit a very decent road, I'd say take 12N out of Keene, and jump on 91 north to exit X (I dont want to give away all my secrets. ) and take Rt. X to 100 North. The road is VERY nice, providing you dont catch traffic, but I dont see that being a problem at 11-1130AM on a sunday morning. Rest of the route looks ok, but I will say, after you get past the first good 6-7 miles of 17 at the top of the mountain, the road pretty much sucks, again, its pretty much flat, and straight, and otherwise very boring unless you want to do 40-50mph over the speed limit. Personally, if you head that far west into VT at that point in the day, I think you'll be having a MUCH longer day than you are really anticipating, but I guess you can always modify the route as need be. I'll try to get ahold of you mzdagrl or Rob and give ya some ideas.

Is the McD's right in Rt. 9? I've never been THROUGH the center of Keene, either taken 101 east, 12n or 9 west out of it, maybe I'll catch you just on Rt. 12 somewhere, or actually figure out for myself where McD's in Keene is.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

July 8 Route

***IMPORTANT***

We may be leaving late from Manchvegas, as Rob is getting his tires put on that morning. He is going to Jim Pidgeon, so he will be right next door, and I will be at the mall at 9 to visit with people before taking off, but he could be up to 1/2 hour late. If need be, I can call him and he can meet us in Keene (and just book it down 111) if need be, but it would be nice if we could wait a few for him. Also, we may be taking a more direct line from Keene to rte 17 (a little slab), JeffL would be the one to talk to about that. Hopefully something will be finalized by the time we leave...

Lifer

July 8 Route

Call RMBbikes and have him put the tires on for you. I'm sure he'll meet or beat the price and he should have plenty of time to do it tomorrow. Bet he would even pick up the bike.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

July 8 Route

Problem with tomorrow is we dont have the tires

July 8 Route

If people are cool, I was thinking we could save some time and bypass the southern parts of 100, and just slab up to White River Junction, or maybe just a bit up i-89, and get off on Rt. 4 and meander our way up to 17 from there. Should be to 17 by 130-2ish? Which I dont think is unreasonable if we get a 1030-11am start from Keene.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

July 8 Route

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    At 9:00am the traffic shouldn't be bad Stoneman. I mean we're only talking about 10 miles on 114 till we hit 149.

I'm guessing you're taking it from the 101/114 junction. Taking that to 149 will suck plenty...

July 8 Route

Originally posted by mzdagrl
    ***IMPORTANT***

We may be leaving late from Manchvegas, as Rob is getting his tires put on that morning. ...........
    Tearing up the roads with *new* tires? You do know they have a tendency to be slippery right?

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

July 8 Route

Well, that is something to get on Rob's case about. My tires are fine. His have no tread. And when I say no tread, I mean he's got 17K ont eh front and 10K on the rear.

July 8 Route

well i have to be back at the latest 5pm in peterborough so i may have to break off early. the days of riding till i feel like going home are over.

is 17 that good? i'm sure wayne-o drug me up there before but i can't remember. 91 to rt 9 hogsback to 100 is a good ride. i know some pretty nice roads before and after those as well. just a thought....

July 8 Route

Originally posted by dhuze
    Tearing up the roads with *new* tires? You do know they have a tendency to be slippery right?
    well the tires are new to me, not new, they are race take-offs, so they will only be slippery for the first 10-15 mins, then should be fine once they warm up

July 8 Route

Originally posted by hessogood
    Call RMBbikes and have him put the tires on for you. I'm sure he'll meet or beat the price and he should have plenty of time to do it tomorrow. Bet he would even pick up the bike.

I PMed him last night if he can do them tonight that would be best if not then it is jim in the morning.... i don;t have his number nor did i know he did it

July 8 Route

late start might work out for me as long as I can get these repair guys in and out in the morning. Rob can you through me a line in the morning?

603-721-9293

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast