Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

July 8 Route

Lifer

July 8 Route

Originally posted by reiobard
    well the tires are new to me, not new, they are race take-offs, so they will only be slippery for the first 10-15 mins, then should be fine once they warm up
    If they're takeoffs they won't be slippery. Don't hammer until a couple miles in and make sure you have the right pressure for the type of tire. ie my bridestones are recommended at 29-28 for racing, I'll run them 29-28 up to 32-32 depending on the type of riding. All carcasses are different though and it' makes a huge difference.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

July 8 Route

On the yzf600 I recomend running 32/32 if you want to run hard then drop it to 30/30

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

July 8 Route

Originally posted by Half Squid
    On the yzf600 I recomend running 32/32 if you want to run hard then drop it to 30/30
    Pressures depend on the stiffness of the carcass and the compound of the rubber. There is a certain tire out that runs at 22lbs, the bike size and weight will have something to do with it but not very much in street riding, skill and riding style would be more pertanent factors. after tire type.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

July 8 Route

Originally posted by hessogood
    stiffness of the carcass and the compound of the rubber.
    Huhaaa.. Woh Beeevis! Huhaaa..

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

July 8 Route

Don't make me get into specifics on the mounting....how tight it is, proper lubrication, breaking it in......

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

July 8 Route

Originally posted by hessogood
    .how tight it is, proper lubrication.
    how does this always happen?

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

July 8 Route

I think it might be a serious issue... I hear it's called nymphomania in women, satyriasis in men....

July 8 Route

Originally posted by mikeb
    well i have to be back at the latest 5pm in peterborough so i may have to break off early. the days of riding till i feel like going home are over.

is 17 that good? i'm sure wayne-o drug me up there before but i can't remember. 91 to rt 9 hogsback to 100 is a good ride. i know some pretty nice roads before and after those as well. just a thought....
    17 is worth skipping southern VT for. If you want to start from Rt. 9 in Wilmington, and ride 100 north from there, we'd be lucky to get to 17 by 5pm.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

July 8 Route

well reiobard and his lady friend are gonna be at my house for 6:00 and I will mount his tires. I may even balance then too.

We'll talk bout the ride then over a frosty beverage

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

July 8 Route

Originally posted by mikeb
    is 17 that good? i'm sure wayne-o drug me up there before but i can't remember. 91 to rt 9 hogsback to 100 is a good ride. i know some pretty nice roads before and after those as well. just a thought....
    I can't join you but I can answer your question. Yes, Rt. 17 is that good. Once you've ridden it, you won't forget it's number.

July 8 Route

Cheese I heart the gixxa 7 fiddy.

I totaled my girls and I want another one. She got the 600rr and I love that bike but I miss the gixxer.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

July 8 Route

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    well reiobard and his lady friend are gonna be at my house for 6:00 and I will mount his tires. I may even balance then too.

We'll talk bout the ride then over a frosty beverage
    keep me updated on a leaving time for you guys. I talked to Keira earlier and one of you bastards has to give me a shout when you're about an hour or so away, actually 1.5+ should be god cause I am gonna get Chris (highsider) to come along too. Jeff and Keira have my number so give me a shout tomorrow but let me know tonight about a leave time.

Bras cause cancer.

July 8 Route

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    Cheese I heart the gixxa 7 fiddy.

I totaled my girls and I want another one. She got the 600rr and I love that bike but I miss the gixxer.

KB
    I sold my 600 to a guy in Medford, MA in the spring. Maybe you've seen it around?

I'm lovin' the new gixxer although I miss the sound of the Yoshi pipe on my 600. I've only been able to rack up 3500 miles so far do to work travel and rain. Hopefully those miles will triple in the next few months.

July 8 Route

Nikon, leave time from manchester is 9am. got the tires on tonight thanks to rmbbikes and and ready to go for tomorrow. probably actually get around to leaving the mall at 9:15 to head to Keene. Who is coming again just to get a list going of who to look for, also meeting us in keene or manch?

July 8 Route

nice now you can hammer that thing. i'm still down for manchester at 9:00. see you in the morning.

July 8 Route

Originally posted by reiobard
    Nikon, leave time from manchester is 9am. got the tires on tonight thanks to rmbbikes and and ready to go for tomorrow. probably actually get around to leaving the mall at 9:15 to head to Keene. Who is coming again just to get a list going of who to look for, also meeting us in keene or manch?
    Do you and your wife talk?

I spoke with her earlier and she filled me in. Just to make sure more people have info, if someone could give me a shout when you're between 1.5 - 2 hours away that'd be good. If it was just me I'd need like a half hour or so but I am gonna meet up with Chris (highsider) and see about him comin too. He pretty much lives 10 minutes from 17 but he's a bit....well....slow to get out the door . I don't know how long I'll be able to roll with you guys but it'll be nice to meet up and ip 17 a couple of times. You guys doin lunch at 17/100 or earlier?

Bras cause cancer.

July 8 Route

that bar B Q place i thought, grab breakfast at McD's in keen real quick, then a snack or something at a fill up spot then a late lunch at that place

July 8 Route

MikeB,

I'll ride back towards Peterborough with you when you split since you want to get back there around 5pm. It works for me too since I can get back to the coast at a decent hour.

See you guys at Bestbuy in the AM.

Bob

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

July 8 Route

I'll see ya'll in Keene in the AM!

I had to take care of some maint. stuff on the bike today, I will lube up the chain and check the tire pressure then off for a cool ass ride! I have been waiting to get out on a nice VT ride this whole season! I'm stoked!

Anyone heading up around my area I will be leaving Framingham @ 8:15 then I have to stop at my shop for a second to grab my Camera battery. I left it charging under my desk.
    So leaving Westboro (RT9 Burger King) @ 8:30. If you want to ride up with me PM me and plan to meet at BK @ 8:30 or in Framingham at Stop and Shop at the intersection of Temple St and Worcester rd (Rt9) @ 8:15.

Mike

www.tailofthedragon.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12