Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

July 9, anyone up for some riding?

Yup, 9am and I just got out of work, weather looks like its going to be beautiful again today, looking to log some miles again. I will head anywhere, be it NH, VT, CT, MA if anyones up for something.

I'll probably hang around till 10 to see if this sparks any interest. That is, if any of you are actually awake yet! I got up for work at 5 this morning, and I'm ready to go, somebody do some riding, puuuhlleeaaze.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

me and the G/F are headed up towards the notch, maybe do some polar caves and some riding

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

We are up but too damn tired and beat to ride, next week we will save our hardcore riding till sunday next week and then we can go with you guys,

Oxx, where are you coming from? Mind if I meet up with you? And which "notch" are we talking here, theres a few up there in NH.

Awww, scratch that, I'm just gonna finally go check out the far west end of Rt. 2 out of North Adams, and head out into NY a bit and see if I cant get myself lost. If anyone for some reason will be out that way, gimme a holler.

413-522-0573

Did you wave to a couple of guys on old-school sport bikes to slow down?

We rode from Worcester (~7:15am) to the hairpin, and back (~11:00am) on route 2. We went through it a few times and had a great time.

BTW, the fzr600 is great!

You guys didn't end up going south on 132 into Concord (and get on 93 at Exit 16) did you? Rob and I saw a couple sportbikes on our way back from the store, but by the time I registered, I only got a good look at the second rider and it kinda looked like you, Amanda.....

But that was no orange SV1000.... so maybe I'm just dumb.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

I went up to Brattleboro for lunch, stopped in Keene, went through Westport, Winchester, Richmond, Royalston, Winchendon, Warwick, Orange, Ashmont and a whole bunch of other little towns.

Good Falafel in Brattleboro! mmmmmm

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Originally posted by TheIglu
    I went up to Brattleboro for lunch, stopped in Keene, went through Westport, Winchester, Richmond, Royalston, Winchendon, Warwick, Orange, Ashmont and a whole bunch of other little towns.

Good Falafel in Brattleboro! mmmmmm
    RT 68 in ATHOL IS THE WORST FUCKING ROAD EVER.

Bhavesh, if you were on the straightaway at the bottom of the mountains just before you got into Charlemont center, then yes, that was me. I got waved to by a few bikers before I got into town, and there was a statie at the general store, I'm assuming checking for seat belts? But I dont think he would have been opposed to pulling over a few speeding bikers.

I did about 350 miles today, I rode Rt. 2 all the way west into NY, and I'm so glad I did! Its an hour to get to the end from my house, and the NY section is fucking awesome! Too bad my heart just wasnt in riding hard today after the ride all day yesterday, plus traffic really sucked balls pretty much all day. Took side routes south/west into NY, crossed over and hit the NW corner of CT, and then back up into MA in the Berkshires. I'd never ridden Rt. 20 before, and now I feel dumb becuase I havent, its an awesome stretch of road! Especially right in Chester. And 112 has lots of new pavement too.

Was a nice mild ride by myself today. I made a few WOT 4th gear passes which I needed to kick up to 5th by the time I was done, but other than that, MILD.

Met some guy and girl who post on sport-bike world at the gas station at teh bottom of 116 in Conway about 730pm, they were on their way from Pittsfield back home to CT. They both grabbed a beer and sat out in the parking lot drinking them before they jumped on the highway. The guy was on a yellow/black F4i, and she was on a green 2000 ZX-6r, she'd only been riding 2 months, great choice.

Heres my route.

Wow, sounds like you went on a long ass ride and had a great time. How does route 20 compare to the part of route 2 in Florida, MA? How are the roads in NY?

North Adams is about 120 miles away from my house, so I'd have to leave pretty early to cover NY and route 20, but if they're anything like the roads in Florida, I def. want to check them out.

And yeah, that was us, lol. What are the odds that the ONE other guy riding an fzr600 was someone I know of from the forums?

Originally posted by Bhavesh
    Wow, sounds like you went on a long ass ride and had a great time. How does route 20 compare to the part of route 2 in Florida, MA? How are the roads in NY?

North Adams is about 120 miles away from my house, so I'd have to leave pretty early to cover NY and route 20, but if they're anything like the roads in Florida, I def. want to check them out.

And yeah, that was us, lol. What are the odds that the ONE other guy riding an fzr600 was someone I know of from the forums?
    Rt. 20 is way better. Rt. 2 before the hairpin has a few of those nice corners, but Rt. 20 has WAY more.

And the west section of 2 past N. Adams going into NY (The Taconic Parkway) is awesome as well, I caught traffic over most of it, but pulled over for some pics, I wasnt riding hard today, so wasnt in any huge rush to get past the cars and go ripping through corners. 20 to 112 is great.

My girlfriend on the phone: "I wish I was your motorcycle, so you'd ride ME all day." LOL

Originally posted by JeffL
    RT 68 in ATHOL IS THE WORST FUCKING ROAD EVER.

Yeah, I was wishing I had my KLR for a while today, the bumps made my kidney's hurt like hell!

Next time, KLR! Weeee!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Yeah, I was wishing I had my KLR for a while today, the bumps made my kidney's hurt like hell!

Next time, KLR! Weeee!
    Yeah, on my FZR that road = bottoming out forks. I took it once, and will never take it again, evvvarrr! 119 and 32 just north of there is nice though.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

we did 107 up to 25 then over to polar caves. after that we jumped on 93 for the quick stint up to lost river on 112. after some dinner we did the Kanc and 153 and then just slabbed it home.

i think we did the impossible... we got on the Kanc after filling up and we passed 2 cars within a couple miles of Loon, then we went 20+ miles of 70+mph before we saw another car. we caught them in a passing zone and didnt even have to slow down, then went another 10+ miles at same speed before we caught some HDs and passed them and finished it off. 36+ miles of fun with minimal traffic , most of which didnt even slow us down. it was pretty fun.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

RT 68 in ATHOL IS THE WORST FUCKING ROAD EVER
    I found that out the hard way Saturday. I was going down to the Ducati demo when I had a close call with a car that ran a red light. It freaked me out a bit and I jumped on 190 for New Hampshire and less cars. Hit route 2 in search of getting west and took the exit for 68 north. I figured north, new hampshire...yeah.

Man I was crawling through some of that just to try and keep my bike intact. Finally hit the NH border, and took 119 back toward fitzwillam. Looped over, hit 149 and headed home. Managed almost a half day of riding on a day I wasn't supposed to be out at all.

So yeah, moral of the story, that road sucked!

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

Hey fucker, why didn't you call me????

Oh wait...you did. Ha ha!

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

Originally posted by FazerChic
    Hey fucker, why didn't you call me????

Oh wait...you did. Ha ha!
    Yeah, you lazy bastard.