Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

June 22nd - 8:30am Seacoast HMR Ride

Re: June 22nd - 8:30am Seacoast HMR Ride

Great surprise today. Went out on my own, and ran into the group at lunch. Thanks for letting me tag along. The Mt. Washington rain will make today one of those days you will never forget. Friggin awesome!

@Colin, it was my pleasure leading our little jaunt home.

Bill

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Aprilia Touno Factory
    2018 Ducati Desert Sled
    2017 Honda Grom (lot's of Mods)
    2016 KTM 300 XC-W, 2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Fixed.
    Timing has a lot to do with it too. Anticipate the pass. As soon as you see the bikes in front of you go, pin it. They'll be gone before you get there.

Lifer

Like I said, candy ass.

12 hours and 450 miles for me.
    I think I need to move north.
    Good times.

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

Dave,
    Thanks again for leading us on another fun and exciting ride, HMR was a blast! Rob & Guy thanks for volunteering to be part of the support crew. Nice to see some new faces Dan, Steve, ArticRubi and great to see the usual suspects. Holy Mini Cooper!!!!!

🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

Great day all around. Thanks, all!! I even stopped in to visit Mom in Wolfeboro after getting separated from the group (wound up behind a Harley rider doing - for real - 7 mph down from the summit).

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Lifer

Wait.. we left you at the auto road? WTF.. that sucks. I saw Guy counting at least 2-3 times.

Bummer.

Although I was doing 7 MPH down that hill in sections. Visibility? Not much..

See if this album works: https://plus.google.com/photos/11469...COTAormY9LzUEg

Some highlights:

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sunuvabitch. That was this weekend?! I thought it was in July for some reason!

No wonder no one wants to go out tomorrow.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DaveZX6r; 06-22-13 at 09:12 PM.
    "You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by reks95 View Post
    12 hours and 450 miles for me.
    I think I need to move north.
    Good times.
    Same for me. Bike clocked 445 miles, 12 hours round trip.

"Life is a tour, not a race... just stay out of my way when I'm touring!"

its in my blood

i was at the KANG around 9:30.. but didnt bother riding it... it was a mess.. there was a bicycle race and a mini cooper car club..
    there were stations for the bicyclist every 1/4 mile it seemed.. I figured if they saw a motorcycle zippin by, they would call the cops..
    it was really crowded.. so I went down near colebrook Rt3.. and got rained on ...
    you guys run into the bike race when you got to thew Kang?
    I saw it wasnt suppose to rain around lincoln until 2:30 or so. !!!

Wirelessly posted

I think the July ride is the Lakes Ride on Sunday the 14th if I am not mistaken...

Lifer

Last edited by nhbubba; 12-27-13 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks again Dave for a great ride. Thanks to Cheese for sweeping and taking the lead on HMR... too much fun!

Caloots... No bike race on the Kanc, just a parade of Minis.

Nice pics Colin!

Nice to meet some of you. I broke off after Mt. Washington to hit up Whitehorse Gear for some posi taps and to get home in time to shower and get to a friends house for the Bruins game.

The pace was a bit too spirited sometimes for me. I'm just a different type of rider. Still had a good time though. Thank you leads and sweeps!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer - Graphite - current
    2010 Honda NT700V - Silver (first bike) - former

Colin, thanks for uploading/sharing the photos and the video.

Lifer

I have video of the ride up the auto road too. (And video going down.. but that is less interesting.) But yootoobe won't let me upload it as it is >1GB. Need to figure that out...

Sometimes a plan comes together and sometimes you're handed the unexpected! Today was some of both! 20 Riders turned up a Seacoast as planned which was awesome. If you ever want a group of riders that can handle the unexpected look no further!

We had a great ride over HMR and to lunch midway through Evans Notch. After a gas stop in Gorham we headed to the Mt Washington Auto Road. Conditions listed at the bottom for the top was 51 degrees and in and out of clouds. Sounded good to all but 4 who passed on the summit and headed out on their own!

The rest of us reached the summit and after seeing the line at the 'Summit Plaque' opted for a photo at the Tip Top House. We went inside for a quick snack and at 3:00 headed outside to ride back. Whoops...rain! Not expected but really not surprising!

After emptying our helmets we mounted up and headed back down. Everyone made it no problem and after a counsult we headed to Jackson where we regrouped and reassessed! (Actually, somehow we lost Don. Apparently he got stuck behind a really slow Harley coming down and we miscounted before we left from the bottom. Not hard to figure out how that happened - there were a ton of bikes and bikers milling around at the entrance to the auto road. Sorry Don

At the intersection of 16 and 302 I think 7 of us decided the weather had improved and we'd go ahead to Bear Notch and the Kanc. Others took a more direct route home.

Bear Notch was fun once we got past the Harley. (Who was actually really rocking that thing two up....wow!) At the Kanc a couple others headed east and home and 5 of us took off to Lincoln. I will not report the speeds at least a couple reached but lets just say, even in 'Urban Mode' it was fairly 'spirited'! (BTW, if you're riding your own ride, no one should find the pace too spirited for themselves...just sayin!)

Gassed up in Lincoln we took 118 west and stopped at the swimming hole. Some day the timing will be right and we'll get to swim there! As it was, there was some fair talent jumping in off the rocks that made the stop worthwhile!

Rt 25 to Plymouth and on to 93 in Ashland and a straight forward romp home from there!

BIG THANKS TO:
    Rob (Cheese) for sweeping first half and leading HMR. Great job as usual!
    Guy for sweeping the remaining day. I know I can always trust you guys!
    Each and everyone of you for making this day awesome by riding safely and respectfully. And most of all, for rolling with the unexpected with fantastic good humor!!!
    Collin for the pics and video...cool stuff!

These are somewhat redundant but I took a few with my phone -
    http://s232.photobucket.com/user/Duc...3%20HMR%20Ride

I like this of Madison Boulder....a really large glacial eratic!

Thanks again all for the great day!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 06-24-13 at 06:45 AM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Colin! Thanks for capturing my first HMR run on video!! When my leg comes off late in the video i had come into that left hander too hot... I thougjt i was going into the woods... Lol.

"Life is a tour, not a race... just stay out of my way when I'm touring!"

Thanks again for another great ride Dave and for the chance to sweep from the front on HMR while you lead from the rear. When people ask me what to expect I caution, "your front wheel WILL come off the ground and your back wheel MIGHT." This run was no different and luckily there's a clause in the "no stunting" rule that allows for launching a motorcycle airborne. While leading I wondered if everyone else was having just as much fun but when that oh so familiar Kenn giggle came booming through the comms I knew I wasn't alone in my enjoyment.

While following the 2-up Harley the second half of Evan's Notch road I made a comment to Dave that he was getting mad karma points for not passing with a large group. Then upon exiting the snack bar at the summit of Mount Washington and seeing drenched rain gear walking towards me I thought, "what happened to the karma credit?" Obviously I was narrow minded since the fact that such a large group made it down a steep greasy mud decent without issue surely required some karma and I'm glad we had enough balance to cover it.

Dave requested that we show a good impression of what sport bike riders are about and I'd say the guy on his front lawn offering the praise hand gestures confirmed our group did as he asked.

Colin - I'll always remember the color of your helmet. Sadly not for anything you did but rather the bicycle girl on the left side of rt. 16 who was wearing a drenched shirt of the same color.

Unfortunately the dripping ride down from the summit of Mt. Washington and the wet pavement all the way into Jackson/Bartlett with close to 300 miles already on the odometer made me realize my 80% was going to dip below what I consider the fun level. I also knew I'd be back up to revisit the later sections of this route many times this summer so I bailed and led a micro group back to familiar territory.

Cudos to all of you that kept going for miles exceeding 400 I'm sure and a special thanks to Guy for taking over sweep. To the rest of you, thanks for sharing the day and for keeping it safe out there. Great times!

Last edited by Cheese; 06-23-13 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    i was at the KANG around 9:30.. but didnt bother riding it... it was a mess.. there was a bicycle race and a mini cooper car club..
    there were stations for the bicyclist every 1/4 mile it seemed.. I figured if they saw a motorcycle zippin by, they would call the cops..
    it was really crowded.. so I went down near colebrook Rt3.. and got rained on ...
    you guys run into the bike race when you got to thew Kang?
    I saw it wasnt suppose to rain around lincoln until 2:30 or so. !!!
    So glad we missed this!!!

June 22nd - 8:30am  Seacoast HMR Ride-999873_615945868985_1598758781_n-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Seacoast-Rob View Post
    The pace was a bit too spirited sometimes for me. I'm just a different type of rider. Still had a good time though. Thank you leads and sweeps!
    Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    (BTW, if you're riding your own ride, no one should find the pace too spirited for themselves...just sayin!)
    This bears breaking out. No one expects (or wants) anyone to ride over their head on these rides. Going slower and staying within your comfort zone sure beats crashing....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Unfortunately the dripping ride down from the summit of Mt. Washington and the wet pavement all the way into Jackson/Bartlett with close to 300 miles already on the odometer made me realize my 80% was going to dip below what I consider the fun level. I also knew I'd be back up to revisit the later sections of this route many times this summer so I bailed and led a micro group back to familiar territory.

Cudos to all of you that kept going for miles exceeding 400 I'm sure and a special thanks to Guy for taking over sweep. To the rest of you, thanks for sharing the day and for keeping it safe out there. Great times!
    Bear notch road was wet, but not raining, the Kanc was mostly dry. We got a pretty good run

Thanks for sweeping!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Colin - I'll always remember the color of your helmet. Sadly not for anything you did but rather the bicycle girl on the left side of rt. 16 who was wearing a drenched shirt of the same color.

God bless the man who invented women's bicycle shorts!

A long time family friend saw traces of these antics through FB.. he sent me this photo this morning:

It was good to meet you cats...Sorry I was outta time for the auto road, but honestly I don't have much love for it after ridin' up and down it in the wet for three days at the hill climb...guess ya'll can understand anyway I found my own rain and after 746 miles in two days the only reason that fucker leaves the garage today is for a wash...Thanks all for a damn fine day

Lifer

Mt Washington:

This one took forever to upload and I had to cut it down in a few spots because it was longer than the 15 min limit on youtube videos. I tried to just cut the places we got held up in traffic. Some of those SUV drivers seriously need a clue! I know your vehicle has 500 blind spots, but it is not 14' wide, I assure you.. move the eff over!!!

Would you believe I almost forgot to flip the camera on. We were already on our way when I remembered.

I still want me $1,000 Dave... Paypal accepted! I promise I'll use the proceeds for this calaboger place you speak of.

And I see Dan reposted my HMR vid to FB.. You sneaky bastid.

Last edited by nhbubba; 12-27-13 at 11:13 PM.

June 22nd - 8:30am Seacoast HMR Ride

Sweet video Colin. Did you leave your blinker on the whole way up or is that another flashing green light? I ask because I ALWAYS leave mine on. I rode my Victory for close to 10 years and they time out after 15 seconds....the ones on my Triumph have to be turned off...needless to say, sometimes they stay on for miles I'm a result of classical conditioning.

Last edited by loudbeard; 06-23-13 at 12:44 PM.
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

That is not the blinker. That is a voltage monitor on my aftermarket mini dash. In person, the light doesn't seem to blink like that. I think it's one of those things that blink really fast and the blink you see on video is some byproduct of the way the camera shutter works.

But I am entirely capable of something like that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast