Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Laconia 6/16

Laconia 6/16

Was up there today. The weather started off cloudy/misty and turned out to be awesome. It was my first time to bike week, did just under 300 miles.

Highlights:
    Breakfast at the Tilton diner
    Ride around the lake and arrived in downtown by 11:00 with just enough parking for the four bikes.
    Glad to see that the damage from last years flood was controlled enough that it didn't damper the activities.
    The "massage" girl
    The Naswa
    The comments from other ducati riders (we were definitely the minority)
    The Broken Spoke.
    No awards, no mishaps, awesome day to ride

At the Broken Spoke I witnessed the classic race to go slow. Mostly HDs entered, but two stunt guys on Honda CBR's entered. I had them pegged for the winners, but they were beat by a 1949 pan head! The pan head had a suicide shifter and the guy had to feather the clutch the whole time, but it was awesome to watch him walk the bike! Of course the CBRs had to lay down at least $100 worth of rubber each to add to the show. It was a very cool place and the girls were very cute (finally know why the Ex made excuses every year why I shouldn't go). Gets my recommendation! The parking lot was very soft dirt, soaked from yesterday's rain. As soon as we pulled in, I requested "princess" parking (see below why I did not regret this decision).

Low points:

The unintentional ride around the lake
    Not enough sport bikes
    The crowd was very thin, in fact parking was not a problem at all, affect of the economy?
    Upon leaving the Broken Spoke, a guy on a full dresser was pulling into the parking lot and dropped the bike right on top of himself. He was not hurt, but I sure felt bad for him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain...

Re: Laconia 6/16

I went up there Saturday for my first time, I was less than impressed. I think I need to go with someone who knows the good spots to hit up

The best spot to hit up is the track for the Classic....

...once you've seen the Harley/Chopper/semi bewbie fest of the Weirs there's no need to ever do it again...

kind of like Times Square on New Years Eve

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    The best spot to hit up is the track for the Classic....

...once you've seen the Harley/Chopper/semi bewbie fest of the Weirs there's no need to ever do it again...

kind of like Times Square on New Years Eve
    thats the thing though, I didnt see a bewbie fest at all. It seemed like half the people there werent bikers at all and had kids and dogs with them.

Years ago, the cops stopped the bewbie fest and it's a much more tame environment.

I've been a couple of times, and at this point, I'd rather go to the track

Quote Originally Posted by katana0215 View Post
    thats the thing though, I didnt see a bewbie fest at all. It seemed like half the people there werent bikers at all and had kids and dogs with them.
    semi-bewbie...

(since thats meaningless, it can mean whatever I want. I want it to mean that there aren't any bewbies anymore and that half the people aren't bikers and all and have their kids and dogs with them...!)

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    semi-bewbie...

(since thats meaningless, it can mean whatever I want. I want it to mean that there aren't any bewbies anymore and that half the people aren't bikers and all and have their kids and dogs with them...!)
    Or could be interpreted as the bewbies aren't so young anymore and are now bringing the kids.

The "massage" girl (topless with little flowers covering her high beams) had a sign that read "This isn't Disney Land, If you are offended by anything you see here, take your mouse ears and leave". She was awesome, and I don't blame her in the least.

I don't know why anyone would bring their children to something like that.

I was hoping to catch the classics this year, but the "hello ladies ride" got rained out. When are you going to re-schedule?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain...

Yep, the total pussification of the oldest motorcycle rally in the US is complete.

It's all about kids and cotten candy now, which is a damned shame IMO.

I have a place in meridith and i was up last weekend fri turned out to be nice and sat was really nice did a ride around the lake went to the spoke ect.But you guys are right one two days tops is enough for me how much drinking and sitting in traffic can u do?

Part time expert,part time hooligan