Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Memorial Day weekend

Memorial Day weekend

Blue?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    thanks hoser for the confidence
    I figured it wasn't yours by the frame, although the the rest is what your bike use to look like.

I think the FZ6 looks better than the FZ1.

And don't get so testy, I've been up close and personal with the pavement more than once.

"And there I was sliding across the pavement........I look next to me and there's my bike.......we're both sliding"

The target fixation thing is very real. At our FZ1 Lake George get together last year two guys did the almost the same thing on Tracy Rd. After a short straight section there was a pretty tight turn.......rider number 1 target fixates and drives off the road........... and then rider number 3 follows him. These guys got their MC license ...oh about.........the day you were born.

Memorial Day weekend

Well after all the crap that happened, I didn't really record anymore. Not to mention that is too distracting to be playing with the camera while riding. But here is a video I put together from the ride. Various spots. Some areas were bumpy but it came out pretty good overall.

http://www.atlanticcomfortsystems.com/vermont.wmv

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
    Talking about me on Rt. 12? I was WFO, assumed he was as well, and came up on him faster than I realized, so swung out in the OTHER passing lane there on the other side?

not at all bro. I wasn't speaking of you.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Memorial Day weekend

I decided to split off onto 12 south from 119 because 119 was heading east, and I live south. I ended up getting home at about 8:45pm.

I'm still trying to figure out why Steve and Duey followed. I said to Steve that I was heading home. he didn't hear me. All was good once we hit rt 2. John and I headed south on 190 after Joe broke off on Fitchburg.

Funny how JeffL passed up while we stopped for gas. Talk about what goes around...

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I Dance With Will

Memorial Day weekend

Cheese, do you still have the link for the comm gear for micro talk? i have to get one. it's nice to hear the comm radio.

'sharp corner comming up' or "biker down".

"fuckit!"

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    Oh, almost forgot. For he who didn't realize:

If a car yields, it's okay to pass them on the double yellow line in single file or staggered. Nobody should ever pass from behind the rider in front of them during a double yellow pass. It is unexpected and therefore not a safe pass. I'm not trying to be a safety nazi, just speaking the general opinions of most group riders because we saw it.

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. My apologies...and to you to Chuck. I lost my head a little. It won't happen again my head will be screwed on a little tighter next time.

All in All a good day at the races with a few glitches here and there. Great riding with all of you. Look forward to the next one.

Its gonna take me most of the day to pick the bugs out of the mesh. I least i didn't have any Ants in my Helmet James!

Thank capt for leading and the Speeding ticket. Thanks to you to Jeff for leading. Nice job guys!

We broke off because Chuck said we could pick up 2 from there so off we went. Man that was a long ass ride home. 4 hours a sleep the night before with one to many. Not a good thing. Got home at 9:00 just in time to watch the Liddel @ Jackson fight and then beddy bye. That Was a Good Day!

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stevecbr900rr View Post
    We broke off because Chuck said we could pick up 2 from there so off we went. Man that was a long ass ride home. 4 hours a sleep the night before with one to many. Not a good thing. Got home at 9:00 just in time to watch the Liddel @ Jackson fight and then beddy bye. That Was a Good Day!
    AH, this makes sense.

I was shocked when I saw Steve go flying by Capt & I on 100. I had to do a double take.

I had my gear upstairs as soon as I got home. Leather cleans up so much easier than my textile does. My wife was wincing at the amount of bugs that I had to clean off.

I told my wife about all the little misfortunes. She understands how we ride and knows the risks involved. This kind of ride makes me wish that I was able to ride on the track at least once. I felt really good out there.

|

Memorial Day weekend

You should try a track day this year Chuck. I've never been myself but i think this is the year for me.

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Memorial Day weekend

You should try a track day this year Chuck. I've never been myself but i think this is the year for me.
    Maybe you & I should aim for the 9/19 track day. James is trying to get me to go.

|

Memorial Day weekend

I may even go to a track day with my bum knee. I may hit up the July one.

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by 97BladeRider View Post
    Maybe you & I should aim for the 9/19 track day. James is trying to get me to go.
    Damn right! My only problem is if I get the new job Im going for I might have to bail. If thats the case you can buy the day from me if I cant get the days off. I do hope that I will be able to make it for both days.

James

Memorial Day weekend

Well, I didn't snap many photos (10), but here they are:

97BladeRider/052607_NESR_ride - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

|

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    Cheese, do you still have the link for the comm gear for micro talk? i have to get one. it's nice to hear the comm radio.

'sharp corner comming up' or "biker down".
    Yea Cheese, let me know too. tks

AH, this makes sense.

I was shocked when I saw Steve go flying by Capt & I on 100. I had to do a double take.

I had my gear upstairs as soon as I got home. Leather cleans up so much easier than my textile does. My wife was wincing at the amount of bugs that I had to clean off.

I told my wife about all the little misfortunes. She understands how we ride and knows the risks involved. This kind of ride makes me wish that I was able to ride on the track at least once. I felt really good out there.
    I hit a bird, I have all these crap over my shoulder and over my tank. time to clean the bike today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerz0ne View Post
    Well after all the crap that happened, I didn't really record anymore. Not to mention that is too distracting to be playing with the camera while riding. But here is a video I put together from the ride. Various spots. Some areas were bumpy but it came out pretty good overall.

http://www.atlanticcomfortsystems.com/vermont.wmv
    good one jamie, I can finally see myself (2 bikes up) in a vid. for whatever reason I always get john or kham in front of me. I know kham wants to show off his wheelies, not sure about john.

Carlton
    My facebook

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ku996r View Post
    good one jamie, I can finally see myself (2 bikes up) in a vid. for whatever reason I always get john or kham in front of me. I know kham wants to show off his wheelies, not sure about john.
    You were right behind me for a little while Carlton. Did you happen to get any vid of me? I'd love to see how bad I actually ride.

|

Memorial Day weekend

After looking at the vids how fast are you guys usually travelling? 10-20 over?

I went for a cruise the other day with some Harleys and sport tourer types, they were 10-20 over most of the time. Just wanted to comare.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Memorial Day weekend

Motorcycle Comms Link

That link is old but still good. I did end up cutting the connector from the Push-To-Talk (PTT) switch this winter and wired it directly into my Suzuki Passing Light switch. I never used the switch for it's manufactured use anyway and it works great for PTT.

Memorial Day weekend

You were right behind me for a little while Carlton. Did you happen to get any vid of me? I'd love to see how bad I actually ride.
    I'll look today and let you know

Carlton
    My facebook

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ku996r View Post
    Yea Cheese, let me know too. tks

I hit a bird, I have all these crap over my shoulder and over my tank. time to clean the bike today.

i thought some one said kirt got hit by the bird? that must have sucked though

and no i don't do wheelies like kham and joe "cough rt 140 cough"

did you get any other video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I went for a cruise the other day with some Harleys and sport tourer types, they were 10-20 over most of the time. Just wanted to comare.
    about 3-4 mph over ask the cops

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Memorial Day weekend

After looking at the vids how fast are you guys usually travelling?
    Doesn't matter to me. As long as they're not trying increased corner speeds for the first time on a group ride.

Memorial Day weekend

Chuck, cannot find any footage of you, must've the camera off when you were in front. Next time we go riding, let me know and we can pair up and I'll make sure its on.

John, I do have some for you here

Carlton
    My facebook

It only hurt a little. Headstrong's Avatar

Memorial Day weekend

It was great meeting almost all of you, we have to do it again soon. By the time i got home i was at 423 miles. I was impressed how the group stayed together it says a lot about all you guys especially having a man down. I happen to live by the saying "never leave a fallin soldier behind. Thanks for the great impression.

Memorial Day weekend

AH, this makes sense.
    Chuck, you hung right on mine and Kirks butts the whole way down Rt. 12 and Rt. 5, and I wasnt exactly taking it easy.

Yeah, only 10-20mph over the 20-30mph over the speed limit we were already doing.

Errr, I mean........pretty much a nice relaxed ride, at or near the posted limits.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

I Dance With Will

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
    Chuck, you hung right on mine and Kirks butts the whole way down Rt. 12 and Rt. 5, and I wasnt exactly taking it easy.

that was the boring straight ride part.

remember last ride on 137 with Patrick? you guys left Steve way behind and i was behind him... i was like "go Steve go"

Last edited by Kham; 05-27-07 at 10:07 PM.
    "fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese-GSXR View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. As long as they're not trying increased corner speeds for the first time on a group ride.
    love your answer.

"fuckit!"