Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

going to montreal end of month....have a ?

everyone has said to go to quebec instead, the roads are way better and you can preety much rip away with no problems....anyone with any tips or anyone who has been up there on a long ride. Let me know, trying to get as much info as possible before hand.....thanks in advance

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

my buddy bruce

told me gas is few & far btween way up daya
    so keep a eye on you fuel

Not sure what your planning to do? are you just riding to Montréal & back? or are you asking about riding around the province?

I haven't actually been to Montréal since my college days (don't ask my age) 30+ years ago. ( why party in local venues in Plattsburg when Montréal is just down the road )

there are plenty of gas stations in eastern townships, but riding there is pretty boring (twistyness wise) everythinh is on rectangular layout. Gaspé peninsula is nice.... gas stations can be faarr in between. (at least ones that are open) also nice riding is north of quebéc city, thru laurentian mountains, to Lac St. Jean, and then south to La Tuque and along the St Maurice river , again, some stretches with not many gas stations 125 miles apart or more.

I have been to Chibougamau also a long time ago, the roads were gravel at the time, I understand they are paved now.
    I haven't had a chance to ride much in a northwesterly direction from Montréal yet, but the little time I have spent there tells me that that is where quebéc province's best riding is

I use credit card as much as possible, when you get bill it will be corrected for exchange rate, if I am going to canada for more than just an unplanned 3 hour jaunt, I try to get some canadian cash from a local bank. radar detectors are a BIG no no. have proper proof of insurance yada yada yada... you will be in a ferin country and don't think that your constitutional rights extend across the border if you are too much of a hooligan

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

hey cat, how long did it take you to get there once at the border, and what are the directions to those roads you talked about. Im going Fri-Mon. Leaving early am on fri, from Portsmouth NH. Im curious how long, where the best roads are and such.... spending the first night in montreal to party then heading north for a long ride

way there

If you're riding up through NE cut up VT and crisscross to the border on backroads (I went from Stowe up 15?? 16??..all the way, stick by the water), they rule, headup through the "Gardens of Quebec" region toward Lake Magog and then head west to Montreal... awesome roads everywhere..

See you on the road scag!

hey cat....you said the roads were real sweet up in quebec, were they flat and straight or lots of twists? Let me know, thanks....still trying to get this trip set up, i just hope the roads are nice....c-ya