Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorcycle Road Rally, who would be interested?

If I were to organize a motorcycle road rally, along the lines of a car clubs road rally (for a more detailed description go here: Description of Road Rally) who would be interested in participating? I was thinking of trying to organize an event of this nature for mid october... something like 150 miles, through a scenic route in vermont or nh. Any takers?

Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

I've been kinda planning a foliage ride for about that same time in October. Maybe we can work on this and integrate the two? The only problem being is that I was gonna work in some photo opp stops so peeps could take pix...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Well, one way to do something like that is to work in mandatory stops at the checkpoints which could quite conveniently be the scenic stop points

The car club i run these events with does just that, makes mandatory 15 minutes stops at scenic overlooks which are the check points... they time the event such that the stop times are included in the finish times for the event.

Plus I'll tell ya that i wouldn't run at all if i couldn't hit the scenic overlooks for a pre fab here and there

Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

pix...

suuuuuuuuuure

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Originally posted by hohum
    Well, one way to do something like that is to work in mandatory stops at the checkpoints which could quite conveniently be the scenic stop points

The car club i run these events with does just that, makes mandatory 15 minutes stops at scenic overlooks which are the check points... they time the event such that the stop times are included in the finish times for the event.

Plus I'll tell ya that i wouldn't run at all if i couldn't hit the scenic overlooks for a pre fab here and there

Chris
    A'ight, Chris. I'm game, and I'll probably be doing this two-up. You mentioned possibly NH roads. If that's the case, I can get us around on some pretty sweet roads. Maybe head up & around The Big Lake...

Originally posted by twrayinma
    pix...

suuuuuuuuuure
    Hee hee...

gotta love K5...

so just to be *extra* clear... the point is to negotiate each stage in exactly the same time as "car 0?"

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Cool, NH or vermont area would be perfect. In order for it to work out, someone would have to really know the route to be taken quite well and know where the scenic stop points are so they could be set as checkpoints, if you know such a route, that would be cool...

Its a really fun way to run a ride/drive with a bunch of people, it works two up or alone, and with the staggered leaving time from the start point, it makes for everyone meeting up at interesting places along the route (everyone knows whos involved because everyone has to wear/mark their bike with their number), with noone being the designated leader and having said responsibilities. Everyone gets a map and hence knows where they are going and when they are supposed to arrive there

It always makes for a fun ride/drive.

Chris

the point is not to negotiate the route in the same amount of time as car 0, its just that when you get your route map/checkpoint list, the times noted on the list are the times for car 0, the first car/vehicle to go.

ie, If you are car 20, you would add 20 minutes to the times on the list to figure out when you were supposed to arrive at each checkpoint.

Chris

i'm in foe dat

sounds like fun i like the foolyage 2

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Not a problem with road rallies since you design the course such that you actually get penalized for getting to a checkpoint too early, and by setting the times/average speed below the speed limit for any given stretch its about timing yourself over the whole stretch and NOT breaking the law

Although, when you get stuck in traffic and just have to pass that long line of cars to make the checkpoint on time... hmmmmmm

Chris

oh fuck im a prefaber form a long way back

im even licensed

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.