Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NEBDR experience

NEBDR experience

Paging any Adventure Riders:

With COVID putting a hold on most racing/large riding events I picked up a KLR 650 for some adventure rides and see how much dirt I can get into and views I can find while keeping away from society.

New to big big dirt riding so I kept the rides relatively local but plan to attack the North East Back Country Discovery Route this spring.

Any local folks attack this? Any advice on ideal season? Any places or hole in the walls to stop by?

Any most of all, anyone interested to join? I don’t mind solo adventures but a fellow rider would definitely be smarter for some technical regions.

For those not aware of the NEBDR:

https://ridebdr.com/nebdr/
    https://youtu.be/o61XYp_l8MY

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NEBDR experience

I rode some of the vt stuff this summer. I had plans to go to the beginning in NY and take it over a couple days to the nh border, and then go to my buddy’s annual camp and ride weekend in the monadnock area, but Covid messed up my flow too.
    The piece that we rode is said to be some of the most technical, but it was easily rideable on whatever you wanted.
    Gsa’s and whatnot went through there regularly.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

That was what I was understanding from the videos. The trails look pretty friendly for any bike designed for a dirt road or so.

The KLR handled a good portion of the adventure route of the NH flat lander and was t sure if it was similar grade or not. That would be a long 1400 miles if that were the case.

Nah, Brian’s route is way more challenging than anything on the BDR, especially the AR.
    The DR, the more tame of the two routes is more akin to what you’d see.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

We did it over the summer. Good times. Best riding is CT through VT. I was pretty unimpressed with NH and most of Maine. I think the NH issue is they didn't want people to need an offroad pass to do the route, so it's mostly residential dirt roads. Mud season sucks on anything. We went last week of August. Only one nasty Thunderstorm.

I’d likely be interested. Bought my DR year and a half ago and finally got a chance to take it on some dirt last month. Definitely would like to do some more of that next year.

There’s also the Trans-Mass-Trail the Puppy Dog Route, and the Hampster Ride. All dirt road routes in MA, VT, and NH, respectively. Check the Northeast section on ADV for tons of info https://advrider.com/f/forums/northe...f-the-carp.26/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    I’d likely be interested. Bought my DR year and a half ago and finally got a chance to take it on some dirt last month. Definitely would like to do some more of that next year.

There’s also the Trans-Mass-Trail the Puppy Dog Route, and the Hampster Ride. All dirt road routes in MA, VT, and NH, respectively. Check the Northeast section on ADV for tons of info https://advrider.com/f/forums/northe...f-the-carp.26/
    I’m pretty sure I came by a year ago and bought some heated gear off you Matt.

I know the trans mass trail, NH Flat Lander & NEBDR are on my list for the next season. I will put out a feeler closer to the season to see any interest on joining. I’ve been curious on a DR vs KLR performance. I’ve been constantly reading up on ADVRider for maps and what not.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Crconnor18; 12-11-20 at 07:19 PM.

A lot of the stuff is gpx files. Some of the stuff is closely guarded, some is an essential free for all.

My level of interest would depend on what the world looks like at that time, primarily school and whatever my childcare situation looks like.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Crconnor18 View Post
    I’m pretty sure I came by a year ago and bought some heated gear off you Matt.

I know the trans mass trail, NH Flat Lander & NEBDR are on my list for the next season. I will put out a feeler closer to the season to see any interest on joining. I’ve been curious on a DR vs KLR performance. I’ve been constantly reading up on ADVRider for maps and what not.
    Yep, that was me. DR is available if you ever want to meet up and take it for a spin. It’s far from stock (pumper, big bore, Cogent boingers) but it’ll at least give you a feeling for size/heft comparison for off-road.

Lifer

Couple moments in that youtube demonstrate substantial comfort on a bike. Then I see why in the credits: Mike Lafferty: National enduro champion.

nedirtriders.com