Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NEDOC Members and Ride Complaints

Re: NEDOC Members and Ride Complaints

Maybe the guy from NEDOC should just suck it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Who is the President of NEDIOCRE, out of curiosity?

Solve the problem once and for all - buy a Suzuki. We don't hang out with each other....

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Tell them to go fuck themselves. Your rides are very well organized. Sorry to say I have very little time for certain elitists who always seem to infect the Ducati and BMW crowd. They are usually temporary born agains who disappear after a year or two anyway after they find out they are safer taking up fishing.
    Ironic how we just talked about this.

Dave, I've taken a lot of crap lately for some of the decisions I've made for the BMW club. My response? You think you can do it better? Step up and give it a try, otherwise

Don't let a bunch prissy bitches bother you. They're not even worth thinking about.

Last edited by e30addict; 10-21-11 at 06:14 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I own a Ducati. I'm a member of NEDOC. I'm a member of NESR. I'm not better than any one else or think Ducati owners are above everyone else. I've ridden with assholes from both forums. I know Ted personally... The NEDOC prez..... He's a great guy and rides practically all year. Does the track too.

I'm sure he has no problem with Dave as he seems to put a well organized ride together. It's probably with the other asshats who choose to ride recklessly.

I just choose not to ride NESR. Rides tend to be overly crowded and "some times" people tend to ride outside of their comfort zone. I witnessed it years ago and that was enough for me. I'm also not a kiss ass and have to agree with the cool kids. LOL

I've found a good core of riders/friends and enjoy it.

Who knows though.... Some of your rides look fun. You might just see me there next year.

And just for the record... I have almost 25 years of riding experience. Dirt/ice/enduro were my hobbies when I was younger. Now I just do track days for my speed rush.

Last edited by Charlief; 10-21-11 at 07:59 PM.
    Me no likey crash

I have two "problems" with your rides, Dave:
    1. Derry should be closer to Boxford; and
    2. DucDave rides should be every weekend.

Keep up the good work, bro!!

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Dave,
    Up until I sold my street bike, I have been riding with you for years. Never once did I have a problem with your group rides. Like anything which is group-related, it's on the riders themselves to make or break something.

Have there been issues? Yes but how are you to be expected to ride people's bikes for them?

There is always a rider's meeting which explains the spirit of the ride, and these meetings always take place whether it's 5 or 25 riders.

If this guy has never been on one of the Seacoast/ DucDave rides then I'm not sure what the issue is other than for the sole purpose of spreading more rumors.

A flat tire? WTF? Do you have control over stuff like that?

Oh and Dave, I heard you punch baby seals on your rides. That's so mean!

Posting Freak

Dave I dont think I have had the chance to ride with you but I have heard nothing but good things about your rides. Are you shitting me, who the fuck does the pres of NEDOC think he is..(I think he is trying to over throw you as the lead rider of NESR...LOL). I tell you what have him roll out with me and the boys next year and we will hit RT100 for a few hours. He will change his comments on you after that.

Last edited by BigShel; 10-22-11 at 11:43 AM.

I have not seen the NEDOC post so I can't address the specifics of the post. What I can do is give my impressions from first-hand experience in riding with the NESR and Dave for years, and over 30-years of riding experience, solo and in group rides.

Pe-ride: Dave publishes the route so participants know what they are getting into and how long the ride will be; broadcasts the protective gear minimums so participants are aware that we ride with ATGATT; conducts a pre-ride briefings including each and every time, "ride your own ride", and "always ride within 80% of your own ability", saving 20% for contingency; lets everyone know that if they need to throttle back to stay safe, that he will stop at route changes so everyone can catch up without riding out of their comfort zone; states we have riders with 2-way comm throughout the pack so we can keep together, call-out road hazards, or respond to situation; asks if everyone's badder is empty and gas tank is full; reminds everyone that we ride staggered when conditions permit and what the intervals are (3 seconds to the rider ahead of you on the same side to the stagger); emphasizes we switch to single file with at least a 2 second interval when the roads, speed or conditions are more challenging; on the Covered Bridge ride, Dave specifically mentioned that leave and pine-neddles are on the road so the ride would be less spirited, and it was. And Dave, you though I wasn't listening......

Ride: Dave and other experience NESR offer advice to those they see may need it. We don't push this advice on anyone that does not want it, just polity offer observations. Some NESRs have provided mentoring to those who accept the offer. These selfless riders change the focus of the ride from enjoying the ride they planned, to one where they help someone else enjoy motorcycling more than if left on their own; I especially give a shout-out to Cheese for doing this on a number on NESR rides. Hopefully some of those helped will chime in with their experience and address if this supportive behavior shown by Dave and the NESRs increased their enjoyment, riding skills, and overall safety. Dave seeks feedback and is willing to listen to ANY recommendation. No one can say with integrity that they were not listened to. Most likely they did not voice their concerns when there was time for Dave to make adjustments, if needed.

Post Ride: Everyone on any ride is free to discuss what they liked and didn't like (personally, I dislike stopping at less than the 225-mile mark just so some of those with "little feat" don't whine about having to push their bike to the next gas station; OK, joking aside) about the ride. Proactive, person-to-person communications is the best way to get a point across and seek improvements if needed.

I've never seen Dave pressure anyone into riding above their ability and/or comfort level. I feel safe and have always felt safe on every NESR and Dave-led ride. So much so that I frequently invite my son to ride his motorcycle with us: can't get a better endorsement than that.

I've only ridden with you once Dave.... All we did was take a bunch of back roads with too many turns, what gives?

Obviously the purpose of this thread is not to discredit the NEDOC president but more about making Dave's own rides better to avoid such criticism in the future. Every year I ride with him I notice improvements.

His old days of paper turn-by-turn directions have been replaced with a GPS. Even that has been updated by sharing .gpx files with other riders in the group to help keep everyone on the same route.

He stopped at each turn to make sure the sweeper had everyone collected, but now he's advanced to radio communication to keep the ride progressing smoother. Even that has been improved by scattering radio communication throughout the group so issues can be broadcasted even quicker. So, not only is he a great leader but he's humble enough to utilize other trusted riders in his group to create his own ride team.

I don't know of anyone that leads a better ride.

Last edited by Cheese; 10-22-11 at 01:33 PM.

As a newer rider, I was initially nervous about doing a group ride. However, after my first DucDave ride (this year), I really enjoy them! He has the rides and routes posted in advance. He has the riders meeting at the begining of the ride, and explains whats going on / how the rides work. He stops at the intersections and waits for those of us that may not ride quite as spiritedly as others Knowing that there's going to be communication throughout the group with the Comms is fantastic - especially if (heaven forbid) something happens.

Overall, I think these rides are planned out and prepared as well as can be. If something happens that we aren't prepared for (such as a flat tire) at least there are people on the ride that know what to do in order to solve the issue!

Dave - it was great riding with you (and everyone else) this year! I can't wait to get on a few more rides next year!!

--Jesse
    2001 SV650s

Thanks all for the great support and comments. And, I do want to acknowledge all the help from the regulars including Sam the sweep for so many rides. Rob for his conistant help all through the season. Terry who shows on every ride that a Busa can be almost as much fun as a Duc! Ken who's spirit and great riding is an example for everyone. And every single rider who has participated over the years in the joy of some great roads and the madness of the occaisional dirt excursion!

Look for some improvements and some new rides next season!

Thanks again all....!

Dave

Last edited by DucDave; 10-22-11 at 05:35 PM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Thanks all for the great support and comments. And, I do want to acknowledge all the help from the regulars including Sam the sweep for so many rides. Rob for his conistant help all through the season. Terry who shows on every ride that a Busa can be almost as much fun as a Duc! Ken who's spirit and great riding is an example for everyone. And every single rider who has participated over the years in the joy of some great roads and the madness of the occaisional dirt excursion!

Look for some improvements and some new rides next season!

Thanks again all....!

Dave
    I have nothing but the upmost respect for Dave. He is an excellent rider and leader on the Seacoast rides. Myself and a select few are members of a social group here on NESR and Facebook called The Collective. Every member is not only someone I would trust my life with but are also my friends. We like to ride at a spirited pace. We all know our abilities which is why we can ride at a much higher level/pace.
    When I do a Seacoast ride and several members of the Collective are also in attendance, we try to group together. For our own protection because the guys with the Ducati's ride like they're the only ones on the ride. Directional's aren't used, they crowd you riding so close as to endanger themselves and anyone around them. I crindge when I see these riders on the Seacoast rides. I only ever see them on the Seacoast rides. I don't know if they're members of the NEDOC. By the way they don't call Dave "DucDave because he rides a something other then a Ducati. cheese rides a beautiful Ducati 848EVO and is one of then thee best riders I've seen.
    DucDave is an instructor with BoMo for Christ sakes (sorry Dave) haha!

You ride with Dave and you ride in safety.

Dave is a member of the Collective...

Oops I forgot Solgirl and Rachel both Ducati 848 owners and members of the Collective.

I think you should wear better gear Dave.

NEDOC Members and Ride Complaints-riding-shoes-3-20-11-a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEDOC Members and Ride Complaints-riding-shoes-3-20-11-a  

Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    I think you should wear better gear Dave.

NEDOC Members and Ride Complaints-riding-shoes-3-20-11-a
    ...do as I say, not as I do...

and Mike.... :

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Dave,
    For having done this for so long puts a feather in you cap. It is remarkable that you keep doing this and the groups keep getting bigger and bigger. I for one have not mad a ride with you but am very impressed in how things get organized. I would ride with you any day.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    And i thought this was gonna be another thread about Doc
    Doc sucks

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12