Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NH Ride Report (LONG)

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    I'll let Mike tell the story, but we did have a rider go down (Soco)
    8:30 & I'm home! Almost had a NH Trooper nab me on 89N, I think he was being generous and let me be.. phew....

I will not tell the story unless Dave wants to hear what I saw, It's his story I was just unfortunate to be the witness behind him. I am very glad to say the Dave is in very good condition! Amazing what the right riding gear can do for you when you have a saddle get off! But that helmet I am not so sure about, it did save you, but not so sure I would recomened anyone using it after what I saw happened to it!

It was a Nolan with the flip up front face. The whole hinged front section got torn off completely! Darrell has pics of it..

Dave, speedy recovery. Dont worry too much about the bike it's repairable, as long as your in good standing thats the important part! If you need help getting the SV let me know. I can go with you to load it up. Oh, I have your gloves.. I live in Framingham so I can easily get them to you..

Besides this bad incedent it was a great day with excellent roads! I do love 118, even though thats were the incedent happened.

Thanks for leading Elliot, Kham, JJ, great pace! Great roads, great group of people! Nice to meet youz new guys, and youz who I have seen on the site but never had the pleasure to ride with!

Snowboarder, funny running into you like that! Next time maybe you can join the ride..

We will have to do this again so we can make it to the Kank.. So close.

I will deffinately ride with any of you again, hopefully you will feel the same with me regardless of my bad luck! I didn't think it was me, but I have seen many crashes right in front of me on rides. I hope I dont have to strap a horseshoe or a rabbits foot to my bike for good luck.. Man I need a drink, I am sure Dave does too!

Who wants to ride next Saturday????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NH Ride Report (LONG)

i have a wedding next saturday, good meeting you all today, would like to ride again befor the season is out, speedy recovery dave. Now for that beer

I Dance With Will

Re: NH Ride Report (LONG)

pass 9. home one piece

Adams, how the fuck we end up on 40. sorry about that.

Snowborder, good meeting you.

Originally posted by Half Squid

We will have to do this again so we can make it to the Kank.. So close.

yet so far.

count me in for next ride.

nice meeting everyone again.

"fuckit!"

NH Ride Report (LONG)

we can thank the state of MA and their wonderful street signs for that one

Everybody to the limit!

8:30 & I'm home! Almost had a NH Trooper nab me on 89N, I think he was being generous and let me be.. phew....
    Hehe yeah I saw the cop, he came up behind me, I wanted to warn you guys but you were too far ahead at this point, I got stuck behind that damn big bird yellow minivan who was hell bent on staying in the left lane at all costs regardless of traffic flow

Thanks for the heads up on my tires, I have a set of BT010's on order, I could probably make it out the season on the one's I got as I'm not really riding close to the bike's limit, but I don't really wanna push it....

Heal up Soco, hope to hear reports of a speedy recovery...

I Dance With Will

Almost had a NH Trooper nab me on 89N, I think he was being generous and let me be.. phew....

oh this, i couldn't help but laugh when he veer off to the right and you wiped your forhead.

"fuckit!"

Re: Re: NH Ride Report (LONG)

Originally posted by Kham
    oh this, i couldn't help but laugh when he veer off to the right and you wiped your forhead.
    Yeah that almost was a

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Soco here.

Home from the hospital 10:15PM. Glad to report I'm in great shape. Nothing broken except my pride, my bike, and most of my gear. Maybe sore for awhile but that all.

I'm with Half Squid on the flip up helmets from now on. Full face is the way I'm going.

Tomorrow I'll call the wrecker and the insurance and see what's to be done about the bike. I'll keep everyone informed.

I want to thank all the guys on the ride for their help and hanging around - I just feel bad that I messed up what was a great day.

Dave

I Dance With Will

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Dave, sorry about what happened. heal quick and rider again, we'll call it even.

"fuckit!"

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Home from the hospital 10:15PM. Glad to report I'm in great shape. Nothing broken except my pride, my bike, and most of my gear. Maybe sore for awhile but that all.
    Glad you are OK Dave, sorry to hear about the accident. Hope the bike is fine. The pace on some rides can be very brisk. I usually ride at a fast pace, and one day it might catch up with me. Almost all riders have had accidents before, we know how it feels!

New helmet, a DOT and SNELL approved helmet is HIGHLY recommended.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Dave;

Haven't met you, but I live in the town where you went to the hospital.. I saw the guys in town and we were eating at the same restaurant. The house. How weird is that? The only reason I didn't go on this ride is we went appliance shopping for the new house... .

Is your bike rideable.... ? If you need a hand with it let me know... not sure what I can do but I will try if you need help with it

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

NH Ride Report (LONG)

I use a Nolan Flip up helmet.

I would be very interested in photos and more details about the helmet... as well as the impact.

Thanks,

Tony

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Originally posted by Soco
    Soco here.

Glad to hear your okay!

Thumbs up NH Ride Report (LONG)

Glad to hear you're ok Dave.You sure were burning up the pavement prior! Tall guy on all over that SV,looking like Mladdin on Fighting off Duhamel!
    Let me know when, how you're going to get your bike back. I might be able to help. The sooner you get it outta there the better(storage fees,exposer to elements.etc). Shoot me an E-Mail, OK. Would't mind a ride up there even if it's in a pick-up!

Posting Freak

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Maybe 118 is jinxed..that is were I fell over...

Hope you feel better soon Soco..and the pride is the worst!

I am got my clutch lever off the bike finally. I called Jack Willeys and they didn't have one to exactly match the GS500 but they said they have over 200 levers in stock. so i just need to bring my lever down to match one...hopefully i can figure out how to get it back in by myself...

if i can't i will give a hollah to ya'll....

Getting back into the game! Looking for my next bike!

NH Ride Report (LONG)

whats up guys, i had a great time meeting you guys, cant wait to do it again, i hope ya get better soon dave....if the others didnt tell ya my bike fell over that day as well ah but shit happens at least your alright......talk to ya guys later....

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Only me second group ride with with riders that I did not knowor have not ridden with before. I would like to try that route again with everybody. Also, it seems that I can always see the good side of even the worse of things. I was impressed to see everyone sticking around to see that Dave was OK . I'd ride or with anyone of you. Let 's try again soon, before the "Leave Peepers" are out!

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Just an update.

I'm feeling pretty good - alittle sore in spots - thanking every piece of my gear - boy did it perform. (Funny thing is I debated with myself whether I ride in jeans that day or put on all my gear- thankfully I decided to go with the gear - that'll never be a question in the future).

Helmet trashed (more on this later) - head and face ok. Only damage is a small cut on my lower lip.

Jacket trashed (EMTs cut it up) - no road rash - armour held up.

Pants in good shape - one hole in the lower right leg just below the knee armour and above my boot that left a small scrape on my shin.

Boots scuffed by otherwise perfectly good.

I spoke with my insurance company and they said they are sending someone to the garage in NH to look at the bike and decide what to do. I'm just waiting to hear back from them on when I can go to pick it up.

I'm hoping it is repairable. I really liked that bike.

I really have to thank everyone for their concern. All the NESR people I have met and some I've not personally met have been great. I hope to continue to ride with this group.

Dave

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Just an update.

I spoke with my insurance company and they said they are sending someone to the garage in NH to look at the bike and decide what to do. I'm just waiting to hear back from them on when I can go to pick it up.

I'm hoping it is repairable. I really liked that bike.

I really have to thank everyone for their concern. All the NESR people I have met and some I've not personally met have been great. I hope to continue to ride with this group.

Dave
    Are they charging you for storage? Like I told you before even if you just need someone to show you how to get there just let me know, I can show you where to go and help load it if needed. I though you were going to get a different bike anyways? I figured me just living down the road and you being 2+ hours from home the least I could do was stop back by after till you wife got there. She seemed to take it rather well, has that changed at all yet?
    You know if they are going to post the pics or have they sent them to you yet? I know I was there but would still like to see the pics. Thanks for all the updates.

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

NH Ride Report (LONG)

JJ

The insurance should take care of the storage - that's what the lady at the garage told me Monday when I called. She told me the insurance company had already called the garage. However, I don't know when they will look at the bike and make a decision.

If the bike is fixable I'd like to fix it. If its totaled I'll get another bike but probably not an sv. I'm thinking something more like a VFR.

To date, wife's been great.

I haven't seen any pictures but would be interested.

Dave

Everybody to the limit!

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Yeah the pictures, that's my fault. My camera USB cable went MIA, so I've been unable to post them thus far. I'll post them as soon as I can...

Everybody to the limit!

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Pictures from the ride are up in my member gallery. I have quite a few more but I tried to post the interesting ones. Unfortunately, the pics of the helmet didn't come out well because I turned off my flash at the accident (to avoid distracting the EMTs) and forgot to turn it on again

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Honclfibr

Thanks for posting the photos. The bike doesn't look as bad as I imagined. If it's not totaled by the insurance company it could be an interesting winter project. Insurance company is going to look at the bike this week.

Dave

NH Ride Report (LONG)

Honclfibr

Thanks for posting the photos. The bike doesn't look as bad as I imagined. If it's not totaled by the insurance company it could be an interesting winter project. Insurance company is going to look at the bike this week.

Dave
    Any updates??

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

NH Ride Report (LONG)

JJ

Insurance company declared the bike a total loss. They haven't given me a value yet. They instructed me to remove the plate from the bike and then a salvage company they use would pick the bike up and to mail them the title. I called the garage in NH and the lady there told me she would remove the plate and mail it to me (cross my fingers she'll actually do it). I'm not sure what happens next or how they put a value on the bike -- but now I have to start thinking about a replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast