Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride For Ruth's- August 7th

Ride For Ruth's- August 7th

Hey All,

My friend's Mom runs Ruth's Resueable Resources (www.ruths.org) in Portland, ME. Each year, Ruth and her staff stuff approximately 1,500 backpacks that go to children in Maine who might have started school without the necessary materials. She asked me to help her plan a ride so she can expand this program.

I would like to invite you all to the first annual Ride for Ruth's! The event is Saturday, August 7th starting at Ruth's (http://www.ruths.org/location.html). Blueberry is off outer Congress just past Unum. There is very easy access from I95. Registration will be open at 8:30 and the ride will start at 9:30. We are doing mostly backroads up to Denmark to drop off some backpacks at a school up there. We will then head back to Portland for a BBQ and tours of the facility. I believe the ride should be back by 12:30 or 1. Edit: We are asking for a $25 donation as this is average cost of filling a backpack with the supplies.

I would like to thank Cheese, Harley Davidson and TDiloren for their help so far in planning this. I couldn't have done it with out them. If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope to see some new and familiar faces there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jerseygirl; 07-27-10 at 12:53 PM.
    You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Re: Ride For Ruth's- August 7th

Glad you offered me the opportunity to help out with this great cause Kerry. I'll make the trip up/over from Southern NH. If anyone wants to tag along for the slab, let me know and I'll set up some brief pick-up spots along the way.

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

i was planning on heading up to maine this weekend anyways to visit family... early sat morning, anyone want to head up from boston? i know of some fun rides about 35 - 40 minutes north of this if anyone wants to ride after the fundraiser

Hey Rob...
    ...I will be in NJ but would like to donate. Can you put in $25.00 for me? I'll pay you back!

Thanks

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Hey Rob...
    ...I will be in NJ but would like to donate. Can you put in $25.00 for me? I'll pay you back!

Thanks
    Sure Dave! When you return we can discuss finance and delivery charges. FedEx would be pretty pricey for a guaranteed delivery under 2 hours but I'm willing to wave those fees if you cover my gas and charges attributed to speeding citations.

"Budeep a bubba"

Thumbs up Re: Ride For Ruth's- August 7th

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I would like to invite you all to the first annual Ride for Ruth's! The event is Saturday, August 7th starting at Ruth's (http://www.ruths.org/location.html). Blueberry is off outer Congress just past Unum. There is very easy access from I95. Registration will be open at 8:30 and the ride will start at 9:30.

I'm in!
    TD says you guys laid out some good roads and the weather is
    looking excellent.

Current Rides:
    08 Ninja ZX-14
    02 VMAX 1200
    10 VMAX ZR-1700 (Factory closed course competition ECU)
    05 ZX-6R (636) (The modified trackday scooter, but still registered for the street)

Thanks guys for supporting this. So far, the weather looks good and I already have my first donation (Thanks DucDave!). If you guys or girls have any questions, please let me know!

You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Rob, I still have 4 more days to serve in Family Prison so I can't make Saturday: vacationing with in-laws; apparently Lindsey Lohan has to do less time for a DUI that I do for picking a particular end of the gene-pool. Since you are being so magnanimous, if you'll spot me the $25 for a donation, I'll gladly pay you back.......

Quote Originally Posted by gcgiroux View Post
    Rob, I still have 4 more days to serve in Family Prison so I can't make Saturday: vacationing with in-laws; apparently Lindsey Lohan has to do less time for a DUI that I do for picking a particular end of the gene-pool. Since you are being so magnanimous, if you'll spot me the $25 for a donation, I'll gladly pay you back.......
    Absolutely Guy!

Bump

Great ride today. Thank you

Kerry,

Your ride was my first bike tour of Maine roads in that area and what a great charity you chose for us to support while you guided us along your route. Ruth really has a great program going and it was a pleasure to support all her hard work. I had a great time and certainly met a collection of new riders. You did a great job choosing a route and pace that kept as all together and there weren't any hic-ups along the way.

Sign me up for this event next year as it would be my pleasure to continue supporting you and Ruth as Back-roads with Backpacks grows!