Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NY MC SHOW?????

NY MC SHOW?????

Is it worth the drive down?? Has anyone gone this year??

G-man

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gerard

NY MC SHOW?????

i went , not bad got to see a lot a new bikes. the only complaint that i have is the "you can slice'em, you can dice'em people" i think they have no purpose there. i did'nt come 300 miles to buy a knife. f---in idiots

NY MC SHOW?????

I thought the show was fuckin awesome, a lot of nice bikes were there...I took the trip with Mick,Degs,Matt and T and it was a fuckin blast on the way there and the show was even better...i have now fallin in love with the new Honda RR & the Suzuki SV1000(step up T haha),those bikes are sooooo sweeet. there was also a cool demo from this guy who rode those mountain motorbike deals and he was bunny hoppin bars, endoing down ramps, and catching air off kickers it was really really cool. the place was pretty packed but i saw T595 Greg there and met SilverSufer all in all it was worth the trip to me.

Last edited by DaSarge; 01-12-03 at 08:49 PM.
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

NY MC SHOW?????

DaSpence,did U get to sit on the Honda 600RR? If U did how is the reach to the bar's, it the gas tank lower the the F4? Overall how did it fell? I just put 1K down on one this weekend at my local Honda dealer,I hope I made the right choice.

NY MC SHOW?????

shiyit, my head's not *that* big.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

NY MC SHOW?????

Hi..

This is my first post so.. hello all.. Anyway.. I went to the show on Saturday and it was great. I went with the sole purpose to see the CBR600RR. I've been considering selling my SVK2 for a RR but before I did I wanted to check it out in person. Definately needs a tail kit to clean up the rear so that undertail exhaust looks even sweeter. The seat is rock friggin hard, but probably no different than the F4i The reach to the bars at least for me 5'9" was a bit much, in comparison the gixxers felt more comfortable and like there was less weight on my wrists. I must have went back and forth between the 750 gixx and the RR about 6 times and the gixx was more comfortable. The worst was the kawasaki.. the seat felt so high for me and the bars so low that it had the most weight on my wrists.. distance to the rearsets seemed fine tho.. and overall the RR probably isn't all that bad.. I've never had the chance to ride an SS, but I've been dying to.. Always loved the style but don't know if I could handle a couple hours of continuous riding so it'd be taking a risk to get one. Anyway.. the New R6 felt the lightest of all the bikes at the show and if only they put the R1 style fairing or even the 02 R6 fairing on it it'd be much nicer.. Just don't like that pug like ram air up front. Some people commented on the honda about its ram air kinda of looking like one of those vampires from blade2 that had its head split down the center.. but is that a bad thing?? I mean I want my bike to look bad @ss.. The bars on the RR at full turn are less than half an inch away from the fairing, I don't know if there would be room for aftermarkets??? Maybe if they came up and back.. The tranny felt nice and slick too going through the gears with the motor off Anyway.. those were some of the impressions I got from the bike.. Any q's on anything else lemme know. Overall the show was pretty big lots of vendors for gear, videos, pipes, custom bikes, and alchohol served on site.

-Feirax

NY MC SHOW?????

Welcome to the board! Nice little review ya did there too! Be sure to check out the 'Welcome and Intro' area. I'm sure by now there's a thread there just for you...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?