Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NYC Motorcycle Show 12/12/15, Anyone Going or know of a group going from Boston?

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

NYC Motorcycle Show 12/12/15, Anyone Going or know of a group going from Boston?

Looking to head down to the motorcycle show this weekend in New York and was curious if anyone else is headed down on Saturday or if there are any groups headed down that I could tag along with for at least the travel part of it from Boston to NY.

Thanks

Joel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NYC Motorcycle Show 12/12/15, Anyone Going or know of a group going from Boston?

A whole bunch of us from CT are going on Friday, but I believe there's a few others who are going Saturday instead.

I know our very own PainfullySlow will be there all weekend.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Lifer

Re: NYC Motorcycle Show 12/12/15, Anyone Going or know of a group going from Boston?

As we discussed, I was planning on going down on Friday because I'm a social butterfly. But as this week goes to hell, it's looking more and more like I may or may not get clearance to miss work on Friday.

I'll be there Saturday, taking the train from Pvd Friday afternoon and spending some time in the city.

Yamaha

This may morph into a Sunday trip as something interesting just popped up on Saturday. Nothing set in stone yet.

Looking like there isn't any group organized bus out of Boston or anything like that so it may turn into drive close enough to get reasonable parking and train fare into Grand Central, then take the Metro, or walk, to the Javits Center.

Riding down early Sat morn from Boston.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    This may morph into a Sunday trip as something interesting just popped up on Saturday. Nothing set in stone yet.

Looking like there isn't any group organized bus out of Boston or anything like that so it may turn into drive close enough to get reasonable parking and train fare into Grand Central, then take the Metro, or walk, to the Javits Center.
    Grrrr...ive always wanted to go to this but i want to ride my dirt bike. decisions decisions

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Grrrr...ive always wanted to go to this but i want to ride my dirt bike. decisions decisions
    Not a tough decision if you were thinking about joining me. After briefly looking at travel options as well as other things that are happening this weekend the other day I realized that I likely won't be going to the show at all.

Dinosaur bbq is just a quick haunt up the west side highway from the javitts if that helps, and then you can go way up the west side highway and around and avoid a ton of 95 in ct if you guys are driving.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Disregard, you'd all probably go through Danbury on 84, right?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

I went. Drove to West Haven CT. Met with RSP & Born types and rode the train in. Made for a long day. My first time in NYC and my first IMS. I was impressed. I'm told the show was not impressive. Nobody else in my party was impressed with NYC. Old hat I suppose.

I got to see the Honda Africa Twin, which was 98% my goal. So it was all good.

I probably will never go to IMS again. Been there, done that, got it out of my system.

Indian booth babes gave Ducati booth babes a run for their money.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Spent the entire weekend in NYC and spent about 3 hours walking around the MC snow Saturday afternoon. Not at all impressed with the show, kinda lame.
    Few things that stuck out as being really lame..
    - You call that a stunt show? I guess some of us are spoiled by watching Teach at Twisted Throttle open house...that was the most boring thing I have ever watched that involves 2 wheels.
    - Why was Triumph section so small, and non of their Sportbikes?
    - KTM, known primarily for dirtbikes...and only 1 dirtbike from their entire lineup?
    - No Aprilia (seeing a trend with Euro bikes? )

On a more positive note, stayed in Times Square, ate some pretty exceptional grub, was out until 3-4am both nights closing up the little dive bars, and the best part was when I finally got home Sunday night and was able to clean up of the filth associated with city life. Now I'm home sick from work

Yamaha