Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

October 15th 9:30 stands up - Covered Bridges Ride!

Re: October 15th 9:30 stands up - Covered Bridges Ride!

In

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Decent ride today. I only saw 2 covered bridges but i lost count of uncovered bridges.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I saw 3 bridges. Lots of foliage. Lots of great guy on the ride today.

Thank you Dave and Terry for runing sweep. How may football fields were we seperated by today? I'll tell you, hahaha a lot!

Thank you Seacoast Sport Cycle for another GREAT YEAR of RIDING!!

Did someone say, Fashion Show?? LOL!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

thanks to all for your assistance and support. Broke 4 th and 9 th ribs. Displacement fractures. No internal organ damage. Home with pain meds. I'll be back on the horse that threw me!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Heal up Tim. Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamarider View Post
    thanks to all for your assistance and support. Broke 4 th and 9 th ribs. Displacement fractures. No internal organ damage. Home with pain meds. I'll be back on the horse that threw me!
    Omg! Glad you didn't get hurt worse. Heal up over the off season and see you next year.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Thanks to all that made today go so smoothly JK, great guys, fun ride.......... few unfortunate incidences. Heal up tim! Great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. hope everyone has a fast winter

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

Dave much appreciation for planning and leading the group today. Thanks Terry for keeping the gang together.
    Despite the cold temps this morning there was a great turnout. All in all great day for making some HP and for a ride!
    Tim hoping for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear you are resting well.

Cheers!

🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

Quote Originally Posted by Yamarider View Post
    There's the spirit. More importantly, you had a planned anniversary date with your wife tonight that I'm sure was postponed. Hope you get to celebrate your 26th together sooner than later.
    Thanks Dave for leading the ride and taking the lead in a moment of crisis!

Well....that was quite the ride! I guess the way it works is if things go perfectly on every ride karma saves up all the rebounds for the last one!

Seriously...glad to hear you're home and healing Tim. It was a weird one for sure. I heard you ask '...what happened?' a few times. You had a skid mark on your front tire and Brian and others behind you said you clearly tucked the front end. It looked like you might havce grabbed some front brake just as you hit the white line but Brian didn't see any brake lights. So it's still at least a partial mystery!

I want to thank Paul for calling 911 and helping out at the scene. And Irish Ken for his initial assessment of the injuries. And Terry for his help with the EMTs and Police. And there were several other folks who helped out at the scene with traffic and picking up the bike, etc. The Hopkington Police were awesome as well as all the Fire and EMT guys that showed up.

What made my day was getting a ride back from the Police Station after bringing your bike...which was perfectly ridable. (Other than that the old 'monkey/football' expression seem to fit..!) A cruiser isn't roomy but they aren't too bad if you're not in cuffs!

After we got Tim sorted out we decided to abandon the quest for bridges in favor of a quest for lunch and made our way to Harrisville and the Harrisville Country Store and Deli. It was great to have a chance to catch up with some folks I havent seen in ages. Paul on the Wing! Long time bud! Mark - I think this was the only ride you made this year. Good seeing you! And Brian...if I'm not mistaken the last street ride we were on together was the 'Big Big Long Long Ride Ride'. You looked good on that Harley!

After lunch we began to wend our way back and even though we weren't looking for bridges we found some terrific twisties that has little traffic. We turned on to 202 in Peterborough and a mile or so out of town turned on to 136 toward Greenfield. I was sure the whole group was behind us but when we got to Greenfield I waited for Terry and 4 or 5 others and they didn't arrive!

So two of us retraced our route all the way back to 202...calling out for Terry on Com the whole way. Back in Peterborough I got out my phone and discovered that 5 of them had missed the turn and continued about 5 miles east until one of their chains snapped! Luckily his dad was with me so we headed east and found them. I'm not sure how they ended up sorting it out but I hope they'll post up and let us know!

Terry and 3 others and I headed back to Greenfield via Forest Road where we rode through a Covered Bridge!!!

All the years we've ridden 'River Road' between New Boston and Goffstown have been a subtle form of torture. It's a perfect road with gorgeous bends one after another. It was clearly designed for motorcyclists to stretch their legs at a spirited pace. And every
    single
    time
    we would get caught up by someone who was clearly hired to be sure no one allowed their spirit free expression.

But yesterday there was no one. Not one car in front of us.

Until the last mile. And that was a cop heading in the same direction. Which means we caught up with him! Luckily my Radar Detector had been going off and one car flashed their lights. So when we caught up, he was actually slowing down to pull over and set himself up! Phew...!!!!

From Goffstown we took Back Mountain Road and finished up at the Irving in Bedford.

All in all, a day that wasn't perfect, but what went bad could have been way, way worse. And what went well was pretty damn good!

Thanks all for coming along for the rides!

Special acknowledgement for Terry who did so much sweeping this year. And special ding to Rob. We missed you dude!

Kenn's support all season was great. Thanks bud!

The season isn't over for me. I may post up an ad-hoc rode here before the snow flies! If I don't see you again this year...see y'all in 2017!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 10-16-16 at 04:39 PM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Happy to help where ever I can. Looking forward to any ad-hoc we can do Dave.

Thanks for continuing to run these rides throughout each season, Dave.

Thank you to Terry for running sweep and allowing me to hang at the rear of the group to get reacquainted with street riding....albeit on a land barge....but nonetheless, thank you.

Great to see a bunch of familiar faces, a couple from many years ago.

Had to break out after lunch to do the dad thing but I had a nice solo ride home behind an extremely cheerful woman in a Saab convertible. We danced in the passing zones all the way across 202 into Concord. We enjoyed each other's company for miles without being able to say a word. A nice break from "the norm".

Dave, look up Nelson Rd. It's near Harrisville somewhere. I found it to be a nice bendy road to enjoy.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    And Brian...if I'm not mistaken the last street ride we were on together was the 'Big Big Long Long Ride Ride'.
    i think i did one earlier this year with you on my wifes speed triple. i think it was irish kens first DD ride

2 quotes from the day.
    eric:"when did the guy with the indian jacket show up?"
    me: looking around "oh indian motorcycle..."
    Eric: "what did you think i meant?"
    me: "i dont know, i was looking for a jacket with fringe and feathers or something"
    bergs"...thats so racist"

"i kept looking in my mirror and thought "great im the guy holding up the harley""

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Haha Oxx...

It was a pretty good ride despite the couple of incidents. Tim, I'm glad you're ok more or less. Heal up. Lunch was good as always. Thanks Dave for leading and Terry for sweeping. It felt good to get out for my first ride this year. It was nice seeing some old faces, as well as meeting some new people.

The air was crisp, the sky was blue, the leave on the trees were in full color, and the sight and sounds of a group of bikes snaking their way thru the back roads of New England……..how could it not be a good day.
    With that said, I would like to take a quick minute and comment on the riding community that I am fortunate enough to be a part of. We are a diverse group of people with a common passion for riding. We lead different lives, ride different bikes, wear different styles of gear, and have different riding abilities, yet we all periodically come together for a mutual day of group riding. I have personally witnessed, on a few occasions, riders pull together to help another rider in need, no matter what that need may be. It nice to see a sport that we enjoy, bring out the best in us. This riding season is winding down and I would like to applaud all those riders that I have had the pleasure of riding with ……. See you next ride!

Last edited by NHBusa; 10-17-16 at 08:14 PM.

I've had the pleasure to ride with Dave, Terry, Mark, Mike and Tim and whole bunch of other riders on previousl Seacoast Rides since 2009. Always my favorite group rides of 15+ riders. Thank you for another Great season!

Once again a great ride and a lovely day thanks DAVE and Terry for looking after everyone. I hope you're feeling better Tlm get well soon and I hope everyone has a great winter lots of skiing. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the next ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12