Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

How to piss off your friends

How to piss off your friends

Be the first to take the bike out on a nice day and txt them a pic while they're all working. Wow did I get some colorful replies

Yesterday I had Chris at Full Throttle Motorsports in Warren NH mount up my front tire.. for a lot less than the further away shop. If anyone is in the area, PM him or give him a call

Put the wheel back on and cleaned the air filter and prayed the temps would cooperate up here for today. They did...and off I went for 60 miles. Cooler temps and a brandy new front tire made for an interesting first few miles.

Not much run off, but there's a lot of sand and frost heaves / holes on the roads less traveled. I steered clear of those and mostly stuck to RT 5, with a stint into NH.

New chain and sprockets shipped today and the pig needs a bath..after that bring on the warm. Of course no first ride was complete without some kind of inspect splattered on the shield.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-25-09 at 05:06 PM.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Nice.

I went for a quick jaunt today too. Feels gret doesn't it.

Re: How to piss off your friends

I did 300 miles today. Awesome weather.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

I got a late start, had errands and junk to do in the earlier part of the day. Then some reassembly on the bike. I could have stayed out longer but I was fearing sunset.

Feels great...understatement there
    At one point in time I was wondering what the hell I bought a 1000 for. Wasn't long before I remembered though...But I can say, I wasn't grinning until the front was scuffed enough so it didn't feel like I was riding on ice. That kinda sucked.

Cruising the backroads Lethal_Threat's Avatar

I had an appointment in the morning, but was out on the bike after having lunch with my fiance'. I spent my time distributing flyers for an upcoming charity ride.

-Jeff
    1982 Honda CB750SC "Lethal Threat"
    CT Riders

nice pic I am also waiting for a 520 kit for my bike.

Hope to get the bike out within a few weeks

what type front tire?

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldan View Post
    nice pic I am also waiting for a 520 kit for my bike.

Hope to get the bike out within a few weeks

what type front tire?
    Bridgestone BT-002 RS. Commonly referred to as "the trackday tire". It's an evil street tire though. I've not ridden on a better tire, but I've also not tried Mets sportec, or Pirelli Diablos. Dunlops and Pilot powers....I'll spend less $ on the better tires and get the 002's, thanks

I finally got my chain kit last Friday to. I also went with a 520 conversion, blue EK chain and black Driven sprockets. Driven is the manufacturer. Pretty slick. Drive Systems looks pretty decent to for sprockets. I think www.motomummy.com has the best deal on chain kits. $180 for over $200 worth of chain and sprockets...free shipping

nice deal i bought my kit used but never installed has a DID chain which is gold.

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

DID is good. I think the newer EK 520's are the strongest, but I also think they are heavier than the DID and RK 520's. I'm going from a 530 to a 520....don't race so I don't really care if it's the heaviest 520. It's lighter than the 530 is, and it's only 300lbs less tensile strength than the 530, 9300 vs 9600. That's all EK though, I'm not sure what the OEM 530 DID is for weight or strength. I know I'd pay dearly for another at the stealership though. Actually, $205. Holy shnikeys