Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Pics from my super-duper ride today.

Littering and........

Pics from my super-duper ride today.

Here they are:

Nope, you're computer isn't messed up, THERE AREN'T ANY!!!!

For about 5 years now, I have been drooling over the ride report others have posted from Nova Scotia and Northern Maine. And in that time, I have kept telling myself I would head out there on my bike but have never been able to find the time to actually do it.

However, I found myself at the beginning of the month being advised that I have too much comp time (I've accrued 120 hours since December) and I needed to take some time off. So, I asked my boss to give me four days off - today, 5/28 through Sunday 5/31.

And I now sit here watching the rain pour down and reading the weather report with the FUCKING FLOOD WARNINGS.

I'll ride in a little rain. Hell, I purchased over $800 worth of gear for this trip - waterproof textile IXS suit, Tourmaster gloves and boots, and some other little trinkets. But there is so much standing water out there I'd have to ride at about 40 MPH, and it doesn't appear the rain wants to let up any time soon, and I dont love the idea of several hours of riding on unfamiliar roads in a torrential downpour.

I'll stop whining now, and if I can make it out tomorrow I should have some decent pics of Northern maine, at least.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Pics from my super-duper ride today.

the saaame thing happened when my friend and I rode around upstate new york...rain...rain...and more rain

needless to say, we did some of what you're suggesting: just get out there and ride. Know your limits in the wet, and don't go past them in the twisties

eventually, we left our expectations at the door, and just got in some good riding...and enjoyed it

and I can definitely attest that after doing a few hundred miles in the rain, you'll REALLY enjoy the dry!

I know the feeling; My first trip to Deals Gap was in September of 2005. I won't make you google it, half way across the Blue Ridge Parkway hurricane Katrina rolled in on us. We stared out our hotel room window for 2 hours then asked, "what else do we have planned for today?" Needless to say we put on our rain gear and headed out. Other than a bunch of debris in the road it was nothing more than rain and wind. We made reasonable time and it blew through a day later. I chalk it up as just another motorcycle ride.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

don't be a puss - come on down - i have the weekend off

Bras cause cancer.

I'm leaning ta like the rain.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

todays nice up here but rain rain rain today tomorrow all next week etc

'09 r1 white & red