Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Plymouth, MA ride 6/1

Plymouth, MA ride 6/1

Im going to be going out on sunday for a 60 mile loop through carver, wareham & plymouth. Its almost all windy back roads so it should take ~2 hours. If anyone is interested let me know. If anyone wants to tag along then Ill firm up a time/place to meet.

BTW- Im not a particularly fast rider. Im not hammering every where. Im not crawling either. I just really like my insurance rates low So keep that in mind. Id hate to have people waiting for me.

Here is a google map link of the loop. Its about 90% accurate. Most of the roads have very few houses on them and little to no traffic.

Tiny URL - create a shorter link

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Plymouth, MA ride 6/1

I'm in!!! Where should I meet you? I live off of Rt 18/123 I need to get out and meet more riders in this area. Since i've moved here from florida I've hardly met anyone in the local riding community.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

Ex Florida resident here too. Lived on the west coast for two years, moved back here in 04.

Easiest place to meet probably is at 44&58. Take rte. 3 south to exit 7, thats rte 44, get off at the rte 58/carver exit, go left and theres a shaws right up the street. You have any particular time in mind. My day is wide open.

Im down for real. Any time is good. Im free all day. but the ealier the better. I like catching that morning air. Plus that would give more time to meet up with other people too. I plan on riding all day if i can

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

10 early enough?

You could come down 24 too if thats easier.

10 is late! ill be ready to ride by like 8:30 - 9! if 10 is good for you im down. ive been stuck in a academy for 2 months.... No wheels. Im ready run!

OK, OK. Ill be there @ 9. Ill be on a Blue Ninja 650.

I tired and hit up a few other people to go but no takers yet.

Word.. Well I'll you at 9 at that shaws off the rt58/carver exit. I have a blue Cbr600RR.. cant miss me. Even if no one shows up, maybe we can meet with one of the other groups riding. Im down going anywhere. Goonna head to sleep now. If there are any changes, text my cell @ 781-267-3877

My phone doesn't text, got sick of getting worthless text messages costing me $.15.

My phone is 508-341-3223

Leaving my house in a bit

We made it back alive. For you guys who haven't been down to Myles Standish yet take the trip. There are some super fun roads in there. It got a little spoiled for us since we got stuck behind a Ranger on one of the roads.

Damn. Missed the ride today. I'm just down the road a piece from both of you.

-Matt

Kenny, being that you are right across the street from me, you up for any riding? I tried to PM you, but it seems that PM is turned off on your account. Afraid the new crazy chick is goingto get you? ha ha ha.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by banzairx7 View Post
    We made it back alive. For you guys who haven't been down to Myles Standish yet take the trip. There are some super fun roads in there. It got a little spoiled for us since we got stuck behind a Ranger on one of the roads.

hey im pissed i missed you guys on this one. You were in my back yard. Did you find your way to the "Loop" in Myles standish? There are some crazy, freakin, like whoa, spots in their.

Let me know if you go again. if you like Standish, you will flip on some lanes i hit up around there.

I grew up 1 mile from the entrance to MS on the carver side. It literally was my backyard.

We came from wareham by the dump, then went down the windy road that is right next to the pond in the beginning, looped back and did it again then headed over towards plymouth. Dont know the name of the road but you pop out right in downtown plymouth. We did ~60 miles all told. I think the route I chose was pretty good. Ken will confirm or deny.

Hey Keith, you and Scott should come join everyone down on Newbury St. whenever the next Newbury day is. You'll see a whole assload of us there terrorizing the neighborhood.

-Matt

Where are you on the cape? I work in Falmouth. Ride my bike to work pretty much everyday. Which BTW makes you very bitter towards other motorcyclists. They are all out on the weekends in the sun waving to me and being merry. Where were all you bastards when I was freezing my ass off riding to work 30 miles in 45 degrees with a 75mph wind chill? I digress.........

sounds good to me. what color is your r1 ill look for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeRoots View Post
    sounds good to me. what color is your r1 ill look for ya.
    Charcoal Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by banzairx7 View Post
    Where are you on the cape? I work in Falmouth. Ride my bike to work pretty much everyday. Which BTW makes you very bitter towards other motorcyclists. They are all out on the weekends in the sun waving to me and being merry. Where were all you bastards when I was freezing my ass off riding to work 30 miles in 45 degrees with a 75mph wind chill? I digress.........
    Hey i live in Barnstable. Currently I have one week left in buzzards bay at Mass Martime Academy. Wherever i am i always ride off cape usually plymouth area. Cape is too crowded during the summer.

Most of my friends that ride are from falmouth so im always goin through their. Where do you work?

Im in the Tech Park on Thomas Landers Rd. Name of the company is Webb Research Corp. There are a few people with bikes in the park. Two other 650R's a 636 & an SV650 along with a few cruisers and wings. Haven't been able to get any of them to go for a ride yet though.

Theres not much good riding AFAIK on the cape. sippewisset in falmouth is good but real busy this time of year.

there is really good roads down cape in wellfleet, nauset, P-town, but no one ever wants to make the trip out there.

haha nice guy i just checked out your profile you got a 86 MR2. always had a thing for those.

Ride was freaking aweome until that park ranger slowed things down. Definetly want to hit that route again.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeRoots View Post
    haha nice guy i just checked out your profile you got a 86 MR2. always had a thing for those.
    Shes starting to go down hill now though. Just turned 100k, starting to rust up a bit. Not sure how much longer Ill keep it. Im about 10 times faster through standish with that than the bike. It has ~$2500 worth of suspension work so that helps. Well except for the straights. 120hp doesnt do much even when the car only weighs 2200lbs.