Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Random Ride - Sunday May 4th

Re: Random Ride - Sunday May 4th

this is NESR, nobody rides any more

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

I think people are far more reluctant nowadays to posting group rides. Add to this that a good handful of us now ride boats & other types of motorcycles. I rode plenty last year and other than commuting, most of it was done on group rides.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

Shoot! My buddies all ditch me when it’s 50 out, would love to see something on the calendar. I’ll keep an eye on the forum but sounds like lost cause. Maybe there’s a more localized nesr FB group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current: 06 zx6r, 03 450exc
    sold: 01 gsxr750, 01 RC51, 96 cr500, 98 superhawk, 00 sv650, 78 cb750, 98 dr350, 74 cb125

Quote Originally Posted by ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן View Post
    Shoot! My buddies all ditch me when it’s 50 out, would love to see something on the calendar. I’ll keep an eye on the forum but sounds like lost cause. Maybe there’s a more localized nesr FB group?

Most of the peeps I ride with draw the line at 60 degrees...

There are still some small groups that organize things sometimes. It is a bit of a "who you know" thing at least in some cases.
    There's a group called "New England Riders" at https://www.newenglandriders.org/. They also have a faceyspace page. I've never been on a ride with them, so can't really speak to it.

Because I've taken my road sofa on a number of "sport bike rides" (which I get some people don't appreciate) I decided to try a "road sofa" ride with GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). It was fucking awful. It was like 150 mile of small groups all under the speed limit with a bunch of grumpy assholes.

DucDave used to manage a bunch of rides from Seacoast Sport Cycle. They were great. (I'm not at all dissing Dave for not doing them anymore. I know they were a ton of work and I also know that he tried to hand them off to anyone who would manage them).
    Managing rides, especially big ones are work.
    I've failed at managing small ones so I completely get it.

If you're frustrated with lack of rides, put together a plan and announce it.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jasnmar; 04-15-21 at 09:46 PM.

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    There are still some small groups that organize things sometimes. It is a bit of a "who you know" thing at least in some cases.
    There's a group called "New England Riders" at https://www.newenglandriders.org/. They also have a faceyspace page. I've never been on a ride with them, so can't really speak to it.

Because I've taken my road sofa on a number of "sport bike rides" (which I get some people don't appreciate) I decided to try a "road sofa" ride with GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). It was fucking awful. It was like 150 mile of small groups all under the speed limit with a bunch of grumpy assholes.

DucDave used to manage a bunch of rides from Seacoast Sport Cycle. They were great. (I'm not at all dissing Dave for not doing them anymore. I know they were a ton of work and I also know that he tried to hand them off to anyone who would manage them).
    Managing rides, especially big ones are work.
    I've failed at managing small ones so I completely get it.

If you're frustrated with lack of rides, put together a plan and announce it.
    Thanks for the insight I can totally understand the work that goes into coordinating the rides. Truth! Maybe DucDave will become inspired again, I went on a few of those since I’m down the street. I’m just looking for a group to ride with here and there, or else I end up doing not much riding, will check out neriders.

current: 06 zx6r, 03 450exc
    sold: 01 gsxr750, 01 RC51, 96 cr500, 98 superhawk, 00 sv650, 78 cb750, 98 dr350, 74 cb125

I decided to try a "road sofa" ride with GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). It was fucking awful.
    Hahaha! Try sneaking that boat into a weekend Miata ride next time. Just smile and wave.

Lifer

I decided to try a "road sofa" ride with GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association). It was fucking awful. It was like 150 mile of small groups all under the speed limit with a bunch of grumpy assholes.
    I can only imagine.
    My read on the "NER" crowd is that there is a lot of that as well. Hell, most organized groups I've fallen in with seem to be that way.

+1

A lot of respect for Dave putting (and holding) them together. And I understand why others don't advertise rides they put together.
    I'm a terrible organizer myself. So for the most part I just ride solo nowadays. I have the shittiest availability too. I usually know I can go for a ride about 20 minutes before I do.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Because I've taken my road sofa on a number of "sport bike rides" (which I get some people don't appreciate)
    The only people who would not appreciate a road sofa on the ride would be the ones who couldn't keep up on "sport" bike.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

In!

in

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Try hooking up with a Harley crowd that actually RIDES. It's usually a long day of only 60 miles that only consists of making as much noise as possible going from restaurant/bar to restaurant/bar. They don't get trashed or anything. It's just a quick ride here for a beer, then a quick jump over here for some munchies, then shoot over to this place for a beer, etc.

The times there's a "real" ride planned and we show up, they usually toss me out front because they "...know they'll get where they're supposed to...". Then they give me shit because I generally don't stop until I have to, or unless I find a scenic spot to take a breather. If I don't stop every hour or so, they get jokingly pissy. There ARE times when we cover some decent ground though. But those are usually the rides I inadvertently end up leading. I can't count how many times I showed up invited for their "big ride" and ended up leading.

Even a couple weekends ago, Big Shirl & I loaded up and headed out. We knew of a local ride meeting at the gas station, so we figured we'd see what their plans were and decide if we'd go with them instead. We decided to go our own way. But when I was coming back from the pumps, Big Shirl had a funny look on her face. Kind of a "I'm SO sorry, but WTF?" look. Yup, while I was fueling up they decided I was leading their ride. At least we got over 100 miles in that day.

SIDE NOTE: If I so much as mention MANCHESTER to most of them, they want nothing to do with the ride. Even something silly like, JUST OUTSIDE OF MANCHESTER or, WE'RE NOT GOING *IN* TO THE CITY. It's funny shit.

I end up leading way more rides than I have any desire to these days.

Lifer

NO THANKS! One other most excellent things about Duc-Dave rides was I didn't see any alcohol or drug use. I have little to no space for that.

I vividly remember being on one of his rides deep in VT and running into some more fair weather, short-hop riders. They asked where the group was and people started sounding off "NH", "MA", "RI", etc. The lady of the party asked "oh my, so where are you staying tonight?" ... "Uh.. at home?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Try hooking up with a Harley crowd that actually RIDES. It's usually a long day of only 60 miles that only consists of making as much noise as possible going from restaurant/bar to restaurant/bar. They don't get trashed or anything. It's just a quick ride here for a beer, then a quick jump over here for some munchies, then shoot over to this place for a beer, etc.

The times there's a "real" ride planned and we show up, they usually toss me out front because they "...know they'll get where they're supposed to...". Then they give me shit because I generally don't stop until I have to, or unless I find a scenic spot to take a breather. If I don't stop every hour or so, they get jokingly pissy. There ARE times when we cover some decent ground though. But those are usually the rides I inadvertently end up leading. I can't count how many times I showed up invited for their "big ride" and ended up leading.

Even a couple weekends ago, Big Shirl & I loaded up and headed out. We knew of a local ride meeting at the gas station, so we figured we'd see what their plans were and decide if we'd go with them instead. We decided to go our own way. But when I was coming back from the pumps, Big Shirl had a funny look on her face. Kind of a "I'm SO sorry, but WTF?" look. Yup, while I was fueling up they decided I was leading their ride. At least we got over 100 miles in that day.

SIDE NOTE: If I so much as mention MANCHESTER to most of them, they want nothing to do with the ride. Even something silly like, JUST OUTSIDE OF MANCHESTER or, WE'RE NOT GOING *IN* TO THE CITY. It's funny shit.

I end up leading way more rides than I have any desire to these days.
    Sarcasm much, no?

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    Sarcasm much, no?
    Maybe a little mixed in. But everything I typed in that post is true.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    NO THANKS! One other most excellent things about Duc-Dave rides was I didn't see any alcohol or drug use. I have little to no space for that.

I vividly remember being on one of his rides deep in VT and running into some more fair weather, short-hop riders. They asked where the group was and people started sounding off "NH", "MA", "RI", etc. The lady of the party asked "oh my, so where are you staying tonight?" ... "Uh.. at home?!"
    Yeah, don't get it wrong. I'd NEVER ride with anyone who is intoxicated, and I generally don't drink when I'm on the bike. A beer at lunch or something and MAYBE another a few stops later. But drinking & riding isn't my thing, nor do I want to be with someone that's riding drunk. I've never seen the others I spoke of drinking much more than that either. I just don't want to be around that or riding in a group under those circumstances. For the most part it ends up just being a few beers throughout the day for most of them. Unfortunately though, we usually have to keep an eye on the passengers. They tend to think because they're on the backs they don't have the same restrictions if we don't watch 'em.

But don't take what I said out of context. No one gets even close to being incapacitated. I wouldn't be around that on the bike.

Maybe it's me, but I feel waaaay off my game and not picking up cues that I should after even one beer. Particularly since riding makes it hard to stay hydrated. I don't notice this when driving, but riding seems to use up more brain power. It could be the increased consequences of a mistake.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Maybe it's me, but I feel waaaay off my game and not picking up cues that I should after even one beer. Particularly since riding makes it hard to stay hydrated. I don't notice this when driving, but riding seems to use up more brain power. It could be the increased consequences of a mistake.
    Also, consider the pace we usually make. Not squidly (usually) but spirited enough that anything less than your A game is a potential 'not good'....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

I’ll be planning some Southern NH rides in the next few upcoming months. We usual muster up a trusted group of 4-7 crusty hoonigans that like to scare the wild life on the back road twisties. Keep an eye out for SNH Rides........

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

Quote Originally Posted by Trajiks9 View Post
    I’ll be planning some Southern NH rides in the next few upcoming months. We usual muster up a trusted group of 4-7 crusty hoonigans that like to scare the wild life on the back road twisties. Keep an eye out for SNH Rides........

You gonna post 'em up here or will it by by invite only?

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I'm going to lurk too. In SNH and always down to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    You gonna post 'em up here or will it by by invite only?
    I’d like to post the first ride on NESR.

🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X

I’d like to post the first ride on NESR.
    Dooo ittttt!

Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDuc-1098 View Post
    this is NESR, nobody rides any more
    I’d like to show the NESR community that there are still rides alive up in our neck of the woods!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234