Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rice o Rama Sept 8 Rhode Island

Lifer

Re: Rice o Rama Sept 8 Rhode Island

I havent planned that far ahead. You could take 20 most of the way to 395 for an easy kinda not slab route or slab it on the pike the whole way. What ever gets me there at this point. The back roads to it are not really familiar to me but thats another possible route.
    Im not sure id bring the tuna to sell there either. You get really beat up on the prices on anything newer. Even older bikes tend to go cheaply. Good for buying but not selling. Craigslist or the forums would probably net you more money.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yeah That's what I was thinking too. It's a 94 with 5,000 original miles. Ok, slabbin it on the pike in a little while. track days monday and tues so Im not that worried about finding back roads today (plus the Brimfield fair is going so more traffic there) I will PM ya my phone number

Lifer

Brimfield is pretty dead right now. I was just out there. Pike sounds good to me or even 20. Sometimes the pike can f you in traffic by my exit to the worcester exit.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Anyone planning on meeting up to ride in? Id be coming from the west. Clouds are going away and its looking to be a decent ride.
    Im gonna bring a back pack to limit my cheap parts intake but if the right deal comes up I will get a truck. I'm really looking for a nice scooter for my wife. Couple mb5's were there last year that i passed on. I wont this time around.
    Did you buy the shiny MB5 that was in the corner? I also seen an 88 FZR400 set up for the track.

Interesting contrast to watch people walking around ATGATT and others ATPATT.... and one guy in a kilt

Lifer

Mb5 had no title and was a grand. If it had a title i would have scooped it up for that price. That fzr400 was tempting at $1200 but i just couldnt do it. Lots of good deals to be had for sure. The ex500 on the trailer for $400 and change was probably my biggest temptation.
    I also found a good powder coater to do my rd350 frame. Gonna drop it off in a couple weeks to get it done. It was really bothering me not have my 2t there. Really pushing me do get it back together.

Lifer

We ended up picking up the RT-180 that needed a top end. We tried to barter for the Can-Am TNT 125, but the guy wouldn't budge on the price ($400). We also waffled on a CB200 for $600, and we lost it.

The two CB200's first on the left in the grass. One for 600 and the other for 400, I think it was? I still want a CB200. Those were the first two that someone didn't think was gold, although they were rough around the edges. Pretty cool CB400 Four next to them. Bet that sounded awesome when rung out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

The problem with those 200's is they are so slow. Forget about the highway or spirited riding. Ive had them and they are fun as long as you travel with like bikes. Otherwise your alone.
    If your really looking for a nice small bike those rd125's are the cats meow. Couple there for 600 bucks too.
    I'd also like to change my opinion that the ex500 was the most tempting bike for me. I must have mentally blocked out the 93 cbr900rr for $1300. That was the bike i kept thinking about while i was there. Sure it was in rough shape, but it ran and was titled. It's still a dream bike of mine and always will be. I just dont have anymore room for them.
    I gotta find peep's with garage's that like to toy with these older bikes.

I went back 3 times to look at the rd 250 down on the shooting range in the back of a truck....so tempting!

Lifer

Yup, that was one of them. Theywere a few more earlier in the morning but went quick. If you have never had or ridden an rd you owe it to yourself to get one. My rd kept me off my newer bikes for almost a year. if i didnt blow the engine id probably still be riding it more than the others. I know when i finish rebuilding it im never gonna stop riding it.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by B440 View Post
    The two CB200's first on the left in the grass. One for 600 and the other for 400, I think it was? I still want a CB200. Those were the first two that someone didn't think was gold, although they were rough around the edges. Pretty cool CB400 Four next to them. Bet that sounded awesome when rung out.
    We had serious interest in the first one (the better of the two - Yellow), but chose to shop first, and then went back to buy it, just as it was being sold. The silver one was much rougher. The odd thing was that each of them had one pipe with a larger exit hole, and one pipe with a smaller exit hole - with the sides reversed. We pointed out to the seller that perhaps the pipes had been mixed up, but he was unaware of it. It appeared to us that the 2 best pipes, out of the 4 were on the yellow bike...even though they were not exactly identical. You've got to keep a keen eye when shopping there...if you are looking for 100% originality.

I was there for about an hour. I was one of those people in ATG.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by B440 View Post
    Did you buy the shiny MB5 that was in the corner? I also seen an 88 FZR400 set up for the track.

Interesting contrast to watch people walking around ATGATT and others ATPATT.... and one guy in a kilt
    Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Mb5 had no title and was a grand. If it had a title i would have scooped it up for that price. That fzr400 was tempting at $1200 but i just couldnt do it. Lots of good deals to be had for sure. The ex500 on the trailer for $400 and change was probably my biggest temptation.
    I also found a good powder coater to do my rd350 frame. Gonna drop it off in a couple weeks to get it done. It was really bothering me not have my 2t there. Really pushing me do get it back together.
    I believe that was our fzr400 that you mentioned. Still available and most reasonable offers will be accepted.

This was our first time at Rice o Rama after hearing about it last fall. I was surprised how few bikes were in the judging area after seeing so many in the other lots. My father entered our 1979 RD400 Daytona Special in the cafe racer category and somehow came in 1st. We weren't expecting anything after seeing the other awesome bikes that were entered and were second guessing the category choice a little bit. It was great seeing so many bikes in one place.

-Brian

Lifer

Rice o Rama Sept 8 Rhode Island-dscn3256-jpg
    Maybe next year...

Was the Daytona special the white with orange paint? That bike is beautiful. I was thinking that was one of favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Was the Daytona special the white with orange paint? That bike is beautiful. I was thinking that was one of favorites.
    Yup, white with a red/orange stripe down the middle. It has been a ton of work. Everything taking longer than I felt like it should. Especially when you need to do things a couple times to get it right. I'm just happy to finally be getting it on the road. Hopefully it is just more carb jetting work and mass inspection left before we put a lot more miles on the bike.
    Rice o Rama Sept 8 Rhode Island-2013-09-08_18-14-00-a
    sorry about the poor quality cell phone pic

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

You know, there is never really alot of bike in the judging areas. I consider the the parking lot more of the bike show. I will that this year had even fewer show bikes though. Last year most of that upper area had show bikes instead of just a small section.

Good times. Put the my Blue 78 RD 400 in the show, aka "SMOKR", and got some interest from the camera guys. Hope she makes it to the final cut. Sooo many sick bikes, glad I didnt have to judge!

Lifer

I see my bike!!!

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12