Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What A Great Ride!!!

What A Great Ride!!!

Summa you may remember my buddy Pete got a brandy new Intruder 1400 for Father's Day this year. After knowing Pete for about five years now, we FINALLY gotta head out for a ride together. He's been jockying around a coupla 20+ year old bikes, so he's always been reluctant to venture...

It was fuggin' awesome! A bit slow paced for me, but we had a great time. Ended up doing this 200 mile loop from my house up to north of the Big Lake. Summa the roads I've only been on one time before, and I swore that someday I'd remember how to get there via back roads. Randy showed me summa them the first time I met him. So my faded memory and my trusty road atlas in hand, we set out to visit these roads that I've longed for ever since...

And it was fuggin' INCREDIBLE! Definitely off the beaten path, for the most part and very little traffic. What traffic we did encounter was either easily dusted or they'd simply let us by. We even had two multi-groups of Hardly's move over to let us by!

Again, we were just tooling around for the most part. Several times though, mischief caught the better of me as I blasted from Pete & Crystal and did some carving. But it was never an issue stopping and waiting for them...

Stopped at some scenic overlooks, adjusted our attitudes. Got to FINALLY RIDE with my boy Pete. Just a great fuggin' day!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

What A Great Ride!!!

Harley riders moving over???? Novel concept.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

What A Great Ride!!!

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    Yeah, where were they yesterday? Musta passed 150 of them up north only one was thoughful enough to move over and wave us by. Something about blessing of the bikes going on up there. Had I known, I would have gone elsewhere...

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

What A Great Ride!!!

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    I hear ya - they tend to be assholes round here for the most part. You blow by them and they get pissed cause they seem to think that we should all ride like they do. Too many arrogant pricks riding HD's... Don't get me wrong - there are some good ones but from my experience there are too many jerks round here on HDs...

Bras cause cancer.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

What A Great Ride!!!

Originally posted by Nikon
    I hear ya - they tend to be assholes round here for the most part. You blow by them and they get pissed cause they seem to think that we should all ride like they do. Too many arrogant pricks riding HD's... Don't get me wrong - there are some good ones but from my experience there are too many jerks round here on HDs...
    Funny, I just had a discussion about this with a colleague of mine who, as it turns out, was on your (860 mile) ride this weekend...

What A Great Ride!!!

Heh, who was it?

They probably weren't on MY 860 mile ride since I was broken down with a dead battery for the morning and couldn't go on the main group ride and did the bulk of my riding the next day...

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.