Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Where did you ride today?

Re: Where did you ride today?

my new scooter is in the shop, getting 1st service & new battery under warranty, so I ran my monthly pharmacy run on my K-Pipe, been a few weeks since I've been on it, being spoiled to the AK that is so smooth and much better at everything. My K-Pipe feels more like a scooter than my scooter, with the exception of shifting. and some of my venture was 3/4 mile of dirt water filled potholed driveway, 1st gear too jerky, 2nd gear to fast if you want to slalom thru and not get muddy wet.

but other than the muddy driveway, and moving threat of thundershower, it was nice to get out on the Pipe, I went out of my way to go on a couple downhill twisty sections, (up hill is not so much fun)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 08-27-22 at 07:49 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

https://goo.gl/maps/mkN4xyrp7rhRVd2cA

I did a 40 mile loop on my K-Pipe in Northern Vermont last Saturday morning while the pig was cooking.

Started from my brothers camp, located a mile or so off Hazel's Crotch Road/Vt Rt 58 went west a couple miles to Balanced Rock Road, nice VT gravel road, north to rt 100 for a half mile, the North Hill Rd, not twisty, but beautiful sugar maple lined (old ones 3ft diameter) to Jay, then Rt 242 to Mongomery, 242 is in terrible condition. Then from Montgomery, the gravel state highway 58 over Hazels Crotch to my brothers cam in Lowell

Where did you ride today?-img_2361-jpg

Jay Peak in background

Where did you ride today?-img_2355-jpg

Hazel's Crotch

Where did you ride today?-img_2356-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 09-06-22 at 02:49 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Attachment 58065Attachment 58064

I left newfound lake today and avoided highways til Concord.
    From Bristol to concord there was no one in front of me or behind me.

Decent amount of traffic going the other way including a dozen bikes.

Once I hit down town concord with people doing exactly 30 I got impatient and jumped on 93.

But in Bristol I pulled over to text someone, and suddenly I see another motorcycles front wheel right next to me, and it was a guy asking if I was alright.

Damn good dude.

I’m disappointed in myself as I’m not sure if it was an all black sv650, or a gladius. The exhaust made me think gladius.

Anyone on here?
    Have I mentioned I love those laced wheels?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Yesterday I skipped the events like IMOC and Rice and rode the ZRX out to MA 116 etc., 284 miles, all good. Cool, cloudy, spitting rain now and then, which I like, and maybe makes for less traffic.

And don't believe everything you think.

Lifer

Steve you still have the cb1100??

You ever ride an R Nine T?

Your park avenue leads to..

Oulu, Finland. Not the warmest time of year, but It’s not a complaint

Where did you ride today?-b6398dcd-1b57-42d4-b525-dc434b39a159

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Finally have my Multi done. She's been down since December for maintenance and a few upgrades. Just got back from a quick shake down run and all I can say is HELL YES. The work:

Full Zard system
    EVR 48T clutch, basket, top plate, springs, etc. The original one was slipping pretty heavily, this is a massive improvement in rideability!
    Some tasty bits from Oberon; master cylinder covers, foot pegs, etc.
    CRG 1/4 turn fuel cap....also a massive upgrade as the location of the key switch it a bit of a pain to reach with a gloved hand.
    CompWerks LED tail light....another big one from a safety perspective. The stock tail light is super dim so huge change here.
    Also did a full fluid change and Degsy showed me how to adjust the valves and installed some fresh timing belts.

This all took WAY longer than it should have....started in December which is pretty sad. Lots of work travel, baby, and an old ass property that requires a lot of work have really been a time suck. Regardless of how long it took, I'm super pumped with the end result. Just the clutch alone really changed the riding experience, I was really having to baby it off of feet down and couldn't really shift aggressively. The Zard system sounds amazing and the clickity-clack of the open clutch is pure music.

This winter will be an easy one for the Duc, just going to send the forks and shock out for a refresh and respring; I'm a few spring rates lighter than I should be and the remote preload adjuster doesn't work for the shock. The (well known) Ducati plastic tank swelling was an obstacle in the work I just completed, I did find that if you pull the fuel pump and cap and strap a fan to it the tank will shrink back to original size. I'm going to go through this again and send it off for Caswell coating.

I'm one happy Dad, if only New Balance made riding boots.....

Where did you ride today?-96bc3a0a-e058-4751-8e16-4cd3f389b63b

Last edited by loudbeard; 09-14-22 at 03:14 PM.
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I rode my K-Pipe home from shop.
    Where did you ride today?-img_2419-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Finally have my Multi done. She's been down since December for maintenance and a few upgrades. Just got back from a quick shake down run and all I can say is HELL YES. The work: .....

The (well known) Ducati plastic tank swelling was an obstacle in the work I just completed, I did find that if you pull the fuel pump and cap and strap a fan to it the tank will shrink back to original size. I'm going to go through this again and send it off for Caswell coating.

NICE!

Don't want to curse myself, but have never had the tank issue with my Hyper, just lucky I guess.

Right, I REALLY need some EE riding boots, NB would be nice....

Finally have my Multi done. She's been down since December for maintenance and a few upgrades. Just got back from a quick shake down run and all I can say is HELL YES. The work:

Full Zard system
    EVR 48T clutch, basket, top plate, springs, etc. The original one was slipping pretty heavily, this is a massive improvement in rideability!
    Some tasty bits from Oberon; master cylinder covers, foot pegs, etc.
    CRG 1/4 turn fuel cap....also a massive upgrade as the location of the key switch it a bit of a pain to reach with a gloved hand.
    CompWerks LED tail light....another big one from a safety perspective. The stock tail light is super dim so huge change here.
    Also did a full fluid change and Degsy showed me how to adjust the valves and installed some fresh timing belts.

This all took WAY longer than it should have....started in December which is pretty sad. Lots of work travel, baby, and an old ass property that requires a lot of work have really been a time suck. Regardless of how long it took, I'm super pumped with the end result. Just the clutch alone really changed the riding experience, I was really having to baby it off of feet down and couldn't really shift aggressively. The Zard system sounds amazing and the clickity-clack of the open clutch is pure music.

This winter will be an easy one for the Duc, just going to send the forks and shock out for a refresh and respring; I'm a few spring rates lighter than I should be and the remote preload adjuster doesn't work for the shock. The (well known) Ducati plastic tank swelling was an obstacle in the work I just completed, I did find that if you pull the fuel pump and cap and strap a fan to it the tank will shrink back to original size. I'm going to go through this again and send it off for Caswell coating.

I had tank swelling on my old ‘02 Triumph Sprint. Really made taking the tank off and especially getting it back on a major hassle.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    I had tank swelling on my old ‘02 Triumph Sprint. Really made taking the tank off and especially getting it back on a major hassle.
    When I was putting it back together I couldn't get the tank back in the frame without removing the fuel pump. Ended up pulling it back out altogether and thankfully the fan method worked out. I plan on keeping this bike for a while so the Caswell coating will be worth it. Come to think of it the only thing this bike doesn't have I'd like (and can't add) is cruise control.

When I was putting it back together I couldn't get the tank back in the frame without removing the fuel pump. Ended up pulling it back out altogether and thankfully the fan method worked out. I plan on keeping this bike for a while so the Caswell coating will be worth it. Come to think of it the only thing this bike doesn't have I'd like (and can't add) is cruise control.
    Yeah, I had to do something similar. I don’t think I had heard of the coating at the time, or maybe it didn’t exist yet, but probably worth it.

Have you ever seen one of those Multi’s with a naked build? They look pretty sick.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

There have been some cool Multi 1000/1100 streetfighter builds. You can swap in 749/999 tanks with some frame modification. I’m pretty handy on the stick, when I end up getting a modern sport tourer to replace this one I’ll likely take a build like this on.

Where did you ride today?-cd96753c-eef9-4377-8ab4-6491fdae3e87

Finally have my Multi done. ...
    Wow, looks great, would love to hear it. Nice job.

Caswell: I've done just one tank, a pretty simple steel tank. It was tricky to work with, you have limited time to get the interior evenly coated before it sets up. It's hard to imagine coating the convoluted MTS tank. Has anyone done it? Successfully? I wonder how it would work, if it would stick successfully to the interior of a composite tank that has had fuel absorption and swelling. IDK

If it wuz me, I'd stick with the fan-dry method. Just my opinion FWIW (not much).

There's always this. It's only money. Your money.
    https://ca-cycleworks.com/mts-tank-blk.html

Last edited by whynot; 09-15-22 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Wow, looks great, would love to hear it. Nice job.

Caswell: I've done just one tank, a pretty simple steel tank. It was tricky to work with, you have limited time to get the interior evenly coated before it sets up. It's hard to imagine coating the convoluted MTS tank. Has anyone done it? Successfully? I wonder how it would work, if it would stick successfully to the interior of a composite tank that has had fuel absorption and swelling. IDK

If it wuz me, I'd stick with the fan-dry method. Just my opinion FWIW (not much).

There's always this. It's only money. Your money.
    https://ca-cycleworks.com/mts-tank-blk.html
    I would just send the tank off to one of Caswell's vendors and have them do the coating. I'm usually all about DIY but when you only have one shot....The Cycleworks tank is a nice option. Not out of the question either...but doubtful.

As far as the fan method, it works, but the tank will swell again. I don't want to fight it every time I take the tank off.

We'll see if we can get a ride in before the season is over....she does sound amazing.

Out on the Ninjette for a couple of hours this morning, local ride for local apples.

Where did you ride today?-img_09-15-2022-jpg

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I would just send the tank off to one of Caswell's vendors and have them do the coating.
    If you have a few days to spare, google this:

caswell site:ducati.ms

... and read and read and read ... might be an answer there.

PS -- I just took a quick look at those discussions. IDK which Duc tanks they were discussing -- a Monster would be relatively simple, for example, versus the crazy shape of the Multi tank. Might also be some discussion on multistrada.net. Also, I'd ask Eric Colbath at Clubhouse Motorsports how he "solves" the problem. etc!

Last edited by whynot; 09-16-22 at 06:56 AM.

Riding today to 501 disc golf in Warren

Hung out at the Erie Canal for a few minutes, saw a giant cock, then the wife bought me my tail bags once in Lake George New York.. then back home in Massachusetts to end a great freaking day..

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Left at 7 yesterday morning, Degsy and I rode to Worcester and meat Sean. Took 122 north to Orange, back down 202 to Springfield, the 23 out through western MA and into NY. Stopped for lunch in Hudson, then continued out 23A and picked up 214 South to Phoenicia. 214 is an amazing road, as is the scenic byway on 23A. From Phoenicia we went 28 west to Margaretville and we were going to take the loop around the reservoir but we’re starting to run short on time, Sean also departed then to head to NYST. We found a shorter loop called Dry Brook Rd that’s about a 10-12 mile loop around the backside of a mountain then returns over the top. Best segment of the day, absolutely amazing, must ride.

Where did you ride today?-c7c423eb-a041-4143-903c-35f1acf29692

We had a hotel in Albany for the night so we took 30 north out of Margaretville up to Schohaire, then picked up 443 for the last 35 miles into Albany. Well about 15 miles into that my clutch failed. I was going to try and limp it to the hotel then a mile after that Degsy chimes in that he’s lost a cylinder. Fuck.

Pulled into a gas station and we find that I forgot to put the cup on the end of the clutch rod, it was pressing against the decorative cap on the pressure plate and finally punched its way through. We’re fairly certain Degsy’s RC51 lost a coil. With the help of some great friends we were able to 1. get the bikes to the Hilton in Albany from Q who was at NYST and 2. Matt drove from Boston in the middle of the night and picked up a cap from Scottie in Waltham and came on to us in Albany about 2:30 this morning. We tried to fix my Duc to no avail so we loaded both into Matt’s truck and we made it back to our shop in Swansea about 6:30 this morning.

Talk about a day of highs and lows. Really fantastic riding. I will never understand how we had 2 bike failures within a mile of each other. We are super fortunate to have such a great group of friends, this whole situation would have been a lot more grim without their help.

wish I'd got more miles in today, but at least I took advantage of one of our last 70° days, rode my new scooter to the dealer and dropped it off, trying to solve a parasitic drain. Loosing 0.3v/day, after 2 days, maybe start, after 3, click, no start. I think it has to do with the fancy "NoeDoo" feature that you can pair your instrument cluster to a cell phone if I had one...

After I got back home from dropping the AK550 off, I went for a ride on my K-Pipe up and down each side of Merrymeeting Lake

Where did you ride today?-img_2427-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Well... made it partway down my road to the first intersection, check engine light. Pulled over, pulled codes, shutdown and called the dealership to verify they'd be able to plug in if I got there in time. Fired back up and got the full christmas tree of warning lights, check engine, no TC, no ABS, no ride modes and it was very clearly in a limp mode so instead coaxed it back home. This weekend's project will be re-rigging one of my trailers so it'll fit for a trip to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Well... made it partway down my road to the first intersection, check engine light. Pulled over, pulled codes, shutdown and called the dealership to verify they'd be able to plug in if I got there in time. Fired back up and got the full christmas tree of warning lights, check engine, no TC, no ABS, no ride modes and it was very clearly in a limp mode so instead coaxed it back home. This weekend's project will be re-rigging one of my trailers so it'll fit for a trip to the dealer.
    I had that happen, except I was further away from home, I called dealer and they sent out their rescue truck. I ended up needing a whole new nearly 1K wire harness to cure the cancer after a couple winter seasons

RandyO
    IBA#9560

In my case, I've made three payments on the bike, and the odo sits at 1080mi. The dealership doesn't have anyone available who can drive their truck/trailer until the end of the month or I'd have gone that route.

Yesterday I rode the Ninjette again, out for a good part of the day, 215 miles, another great day to ride, I left home in Arlington MA, picked up 119 and 124 to Jaffrey, and then NH 137, my destination, to Hancock, and back to Jaffrey, then 119 west to 32 south, and back through MA. Mild day, riding through swirling falling leaves, etc. ... nice. I'm finding it a great bike for this kind of riding, now looking into minor suspension tweaks, since the stock suspension has no adjustments at all. So I found a good eBay shock for $50 from a 2010 (2008-2012 is an easy replacement) that has a preload adjusting ring.

The dash on the 1200 is apart, LEDs on order. Turns out I could have just consulted the ZRX forum to find out which LEDs to order, but no, I had to tear into it lol.

Where did you ride today?-img_20221012_135942476_hdr-petersham-jpg Where did you ride today?-img_20221012_154233766_hdrfruitlands-jpg

Last edited by whynot; 10-13-22 at 12:02 PM.