Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Where did you ride today?

Re: Where did you ride today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    More & more I'm seeing myself having a dual purpose in the stable eventually...
    After having ridden entirely street for 10 years all over VT and NH before switching to an adventure/dual sport bike, my opinion is that the northeast offers SO much more excitement on the unpaved roads. On pavement, you pretty much always know what you're gonna get except for the occasional gem of a find, and you get to deal with all the traffic. On dirt, you never know what you'll find, but the amount of incredible views and phenomenal roads is just so much greater than anything pavement has to offer, and you almost never have to share the road.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    After having ridden entirely street for 10 years all over VT and NH before switching to an adventure/dual sport bike, my opinion is that the northeast offers SO much more excitement on the unpaved roads. On pavement, you pretty much always know what you're gonna get except for the occasional gem of a find, and you get to deal with all the traffic. On dirt, you never know what you'll find, but the amount of incredible views and phenomenal roads is just so much greater than anything pavement has to offer, and you almost never have to share the road.
    I'm plenty aware! I've just about always had an offroad vehicle (dirty bikes, ATV's). With the exception of the last few years I've spent many days in the woods, albeit on an ATV. I've always thought how cool it would be to actually ride to those places instead of trailering. Having the ability to just pull off just about anywhere to explore "that" old logging road I just passed has really been eating at me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

my hip is saying no, to the seat height of a dirt bike, as much as I want one

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Had a doctor appointment in Somersworth today, decided to take my K-Pipe, along a longer more backroad route. I get there, and they tell me they don't have an appointment scheduled WTF, they look thru the scheduling, and have none for me, WTF. They were able to schedule one later in day at 4. Time to go home, switch bikes, and ride some more, 2nd run on my AK550

aaack, results of doctor visit, I need to have a colonoscopy, I new better than believe em when they said not for another 10 years when I had the last one, 2 years ago

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I was able to get a couple hundred miles in Saturday. A bunch of us met in Barnstead, then took back roads to Candia, Auburn, Hooksett. I had to bail for a bit, ride to Bedford to get my dad's Jeep, then pick him up at the hospital in Manch & bring him back to his house in Bedford. Ended up catching up again with everyone and we skirted around Manchester and headed to Goffstown, New Boston, Francestown before heading back to Barnstead. We managed to miss the rain and the weather was incredible. Don't know if we'll see anymore days like that for a while...

Had a pretty fantastic moto weekend last weekend. Rode my 501 out to Granville, NY on Friday, Did the Megs Braap enduro clinic on Saturday (can’t recommend it enough to anyone interested) and then rode down to Albany and spent the night at my sister’s, and rode home in the cold rain on Sunday (less fun).

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Spooler; 11-01-23 at 11:09 AM.
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    and then rode down to Albany and spent the night at my sister’s, and rode home in the cold rain on Sunday (less fun).
    I was curious if you were riding home Saturday night. That would have been a long slog after the day of riding you had at the clinic.

Was nice to meet you and glad you had a good time at Meg's clinic.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I was curious if you were riding home Saturday night. That would have been a long slog after the day of riding you had at the clinic.

Was nice to meet you and glad you had a good time at Meg's clinic.
    It was good to meet you too! Yeah, that would have been quite a day of riding, I definitely wasn’t up for that.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Did a quick ~700 mile solo overnight ride to get my mountain fix in and cross off a bucket list item of riding into an abandoned mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by OneCheekRider; 11-06-23 at 11:46 AM.

Saw a fella on my way to work this morning on his Guzzi adventure-type bike. According to my truck, it was 27 degrees out when I saw him (which I don't doubt). It KINDA looked like a V85TT, but I couldn't be positive. Did they offer something maybe a little different in the past? The license plate had some form of AMERICANA on it. Yeah, I know it's too many letters. It's just what came to mind when I saw it.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    Did a quick ~700 mile solo overnight ride to get my mountain fix in and cross off a bucket list item of riding into an abandoned mine
    DAM, that is fuckin AWESOME!!!

How far into it did ya go? "legal"? very cool.

first thing I thought of when I saw your pic

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Saw a fella on my way to work this morning on his Guzzi adventure-type bike. According to my truck, it was 27 degrees out when I saw him (which I don't doubt). It KINDA looked like a V85TT, but I couldn't be positive. Did they offer something maybe a little different in the past? The license plate had some form of AMERICANA on it. Yeah, I know it's too many letters. It's just what came to mind when I saw it.
    Maybe a Stelvio? Less retro-looking, but still clearly a Moto Guzzi

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    DAM, that is fuckin AWESOME!!!

How far into it did ya go? "legal"? very cool.

Probably 5 min or so at 10-15mph before I realized I was in a deep dark mine alone and the fuel light turned on. Here's some video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzSoU...hhZWM5NmIwOQ==

Last edited by OneCheekRider; 11-17-23 at 09:15 PM.

Maybe a Stelvio? Less retro-looking, but still clearly a Moto Guzzi
    That may have been it. I didn't get a great look at it. Hats off to them no matter!

High maintenance priss

Yesterday rode ~500 miles to scout more alternatives for my Dirty Dog Route.
    Care to share the route? Been collecting backroad routes for exploring w/ my new-to-me adv.

Had a pretty fantastic moto weekend last weekend. Rode my 501 out to Granville, NY on Friday, Did the Megs Braap enduro clinic on Saturday (can’t recommend it enough to anyone interested) and then rode down to Albany and spent the night at my sister’s, and rode home in the cold rain on Sunday (less fun).
    Thanks for sticking it out and great to meet you

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Thanks for sticking it out and great to meet you
    Yeah, you too! Had a great time!

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

No pics, but I rode to work yesterday, then got to ride on the ice covered road from Jaffrey to my house in Dublin last night. That was fucking terrifying. Thank you KTM rain mode and ABS.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Hypertarded

No pics, but I rode to work yesterday, then got to ride on the ice covered road from Jaffrey to my house in Dublin last night. That was fucking terrifying. Thank you KTM rain mode and ABS.
    and that is why my bike goes away end of Nov and doesn't come out regardless of the appearance of a nice winter day

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    and that is why my bike goes away end of Nov and doesn't come out regardless of the appearance of a nice winter day
    I've ridden in the snow a decent amount. Rode the Bailey-Hazen in November and got forced off in Cabot because of a foot of snow on the ground. Got forced off the Blue Ridge Parkway several years ago in early April and had to ride 2 hours to Asheville in slush and sleet. Ridden Trans-MA, Hampster and Puppy Dog Routes in early winter through sleet, snow and mud.

It is a lot of fun and often very memorable, but with 2 kids its hard to justify my own stupid fun at the expense of my wellbeing.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Hypertarded

Glad you made it home upright.... And yes, you are a completely different type of rider than myself, no doubt
    ....., but with 2 kids its hard to justify my own stupid fun at the expense of my wellbeing.
    OH how many riders has the sport lost to this exact reason, i've got multiple friends who gave up riding for exactly this reason...

My buddies started an annual Monterey ride almost 20 years ago. The goal is to make it from SoCal to Monterey with as little highway as possible. For some reason it’s always in December where the weather can be unpredictable. The first time I did it was in pouring rain, which was still awesome and made for great stories.

Unfortunately, the group seems to be getting smaller as there was only 2 of us on this ride, as the 3rd had battery or charging issues on the way to the meetup point but we soldiered on without him…while we have a rule to never leave anyone behind, we also don’t want to prevent someone from riding, esp so early in the trip.

Anywho, we had perfect weather and the dirt sections were a breeze so we didn’t have to pull mud out of the fenders and brakes and made amazing time.

My buddy brought his “moto bar” in his panniers and we poured a drink at the hotel for the friend who couldn’t make it.

I mapped a new return route using my TomTom after a few drinks and was pleasantly surprised that we made it back home on some new roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

once setup with the right tires, my V-Strom is relaxing, mostly cause roads are so bad, nobody is out, studded big block knobby in front, darkside winter car tire in back, heavier car tire is part of the traction control, it takes more energy to spin, and a good snow & ice tread with sipes. I understand freaking out, when getting caught not really prepared, been there, done that, then went on to experiment, Discovered ya don't have to be a particularly good rider, keep your feet on the pegs, resist the urge to use them as outriggers. My '07 V-Strom 1000 don't have ABS, only traction control is manual with your hand on the clutch

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I just picked up a KDX200 and looking for trails in the area. Took a quick ride on Annette road yesterday. Gonna try to connect to the power line which looks like it goes on for miles.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    I just picked up a KDX200 and looking for trails in the area. Took a quick ride on Annette road yesterday. Gonna try to connect to the power line which looks like it goes on for miles.
    Powerlines in this area are all private. If you want to hit some class 6 roads, I'd head over to Fitzwilliam/Troy/Richmond. There's a ton of them in that area, just use an app that uses OSM as the map source, I try to keep most of the roads around here updated. The old Little Monadnock Family Trails roads are still mostly accessible as well and there's a lot of stuff on the powerlines over there that most deem still rideable (despite the fact LMFT shut down several years ago).

Also check out Flatlander on advrider. It hits a bunch of class 6 roads in this area, everything from mild to wild.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R