Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Euro motorcycle trip

Lifer

Euro motorcycle trip

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested in doing a euro moto trip. A couple of us are just starting to make plans. Looks like it would be around Sept or Oct of next year. Initial idea is to start in Lisbon and rent a couple bikes and head north cutting through Spain and Andorra and cruise around southern France then cut back down the med coast and running down Spain. We are also talking about maybe just heading south initially and crossing into morroco and exploring around there but I'm not sold on that idea. I've been as far as the Sahara and it's all just very dodgy there. Lisbon is a convenient starting point since I have an apartment there but we really could start where ever
    We are looking at a at least a week, maybe two. It will be a combo of camping, hotels and couch surfing if we can find any. This won't be a luxury trip. Bike rentals aren't that bad. An Africa twin is about $100 day as a basis. I'm planning on 5 or 6 hours of riding a day, maybe more.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Euro motorcycle trip

That sounds awesome. Not something I could do next year or two. Keep us posted.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This sounds like an amazing trip, wish I had the free time to do this.
    Back in 2011, I did a similar trip but in Northern Europe.. Norway, Sweden and Finland. I think we covered almost 4,000km’s in 7 days. Lots of interesting places and lodging , and while we did having camping gear as a backup, we never had to use it.

Yamaha

Lifer

Yeah, time is ways the issue. I'm trying to squeeze this in between trips to Alaska, Hawaii and Cali. My wife smashed my dreams of finally going to Pit Cairn this year so I have a little extra time. That's why it's at the end of the year.

I've already done most of Europe, this is more to fill a friends dream. Personally I would rather do Asia again or maybe even Africa but we would absolutely need more people to do that. Vietnam was fun with four of us, it would have been shit with just two.

Hypertarded

Sounds like a very cool trip, I've got everything except the motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Yeah, time is ways the issue. I'm trying to squeeze this in between trips to Alaska, Hawaii and Cali......
    Yeah, that sounds like a real BITCH!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dayum! Subscribing - definitely would be a bucket list item for me.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Lifer

That's why I'm throwing it out there. Just in case someone has always wanted to go but for whatever reason hasn't. You'll see a lot of Europe in a short amount of time.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Sounds like a very cool trip, I've got everything except the motivation...

Yeah, that sounds like a real BITCH!

To be fair Hawaii and Cali are both family trips so not much fun there and have you ever been to Hawaii? Not my idea of a fun place.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if not for having a toddler. Maybe a couple of years ago.

This seems like an amazing way to actually SEE Europe. On a bike you can experience so much more than if you were in a car/bus/train.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    This seems like an amazing way to actually SEE Europe. On a bike you can experience so much more than if you were in a car/bus/train.
    Touring by motorcycle is an experience in it's own right.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Would love to do this. If there was a better idea of dates, I may be able to do a week. I'm typically only free end of a month vs beginning though. I already have a lot of things on my plate for 2024 so might just be daydreaming unfortunately.

Lifer

Dates will be hard to nail down for a while unless someone fully commits and says i want yo leave on x and return on x. Months is as close as I can get it for now. There is also the possibility of riders being there at different times but still able to go together for a few days. I know I'm limited to about 9 days max depending on the week I leave. Some others may have less days or more available.