Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Where did you ride today?

Re: Where did you ride today?

After not riding the street in a couple years I rode the Duke to work today. It seems odd not riding off every corner at the limit of power and traction..

Lol

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I mentioned it in another thread, but on Sunday I got out on a bike for the first time after injuring my knee about 6 weeks ago. It did not feel great, but it also wasn’t too bad and my knee has only been aching slightly more than usual in the days since. For a while I had thought I was done riding for the season and would have to cancel my multi-day august trip, but now I think I’ll be ok for it. Good enough, at least.

My actual ride was just an hour-ish tour of local dirt roads, many of which have been completely washed away and replaced by rivers or streams since the last time I was out. It felt great to be on two wheels again.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Did about 200 miles of scouting (350 total miles for the day) for my Dirty Dog Route. All the back roads in VT were in surprisingly good shape, although some were quite bumpy. Only ran into a few road closed signs, but being on a motorcycle makes that mostly a non-issue.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Did a nice +/- 200 mile loop from & to the house Saturday. A friend had never been up to the Kancamagus & he had his heart set on it. I absolutely despise the Kanc & everything to & from during the weekends, but I bit my tongue and led the charge after warning everyone of traffic.

We managed to skirt a good deal of traffic by taking the backroad up to Conway. From there it was just a couple miles south to the Kanc & traffic really wasn't all that bad on that stretch. The Kanc was the Kanc and nobody in front of us would even get up to the speed limit. Nice scenery as always, but boring as fuck for riding. We made a couple scenic stops along the highway for picture opp's and made our way to Lincoln.

Once again we had a great lunch at Pub 32 Pizza (Exit 32 Pizza), then made our way down Route 3 to Route 132 in Ashland. Traffic in Lincoln was surprisingly pretty thin, it was almost eerie. Took Route 132 down to Tilton for one more pit stop, then we all made our own way home from there.

Wrapped it up with a couple beers at the farm next door and amazed myself at how much fresh produce we were able to fit in my saddlebags. Just about 200 miles, but with all the stops it took a better part of the day. I managed a few pics up on the pass but I'm too lazy to post them from my phone.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Heading to Touratech Dirtdaze tomorrow, planning to stay for the whole thing. Anyone else going/in the area? Looks like I may get rained on a little, hopefully not too bad.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Here’s some pics from Dirtdaze. Had a good time overall.

Camp
    Where did you ride today?-img_9526-jpg

Random dirt road cemetery
    Where did you ride today?-img_9576-jpg

Sunset
    Where did you ride today?-img_9586-jpg
    Where did you ride today?-img_9588-jpg

I thought I was taking the best path through this puddle, it ended up being 2 feet deep with a boulder in the middle, I went down and had a real tough time getting the bike out. I was contemplating calling for help when I finally got it out on my own and took this pic while I was catching my breath.
    Where did you ride today?-img_9598-jpg

At this point I turned around and backtracked, I wasn’t willing to try this by myself with no one to help me if I got in a tight spot. Later in the day I ended up in a similarly washed out section and went down after getting stuck in a rut that kept getting bigger and deeper and then ended in a 2+ foot vertical wall. The front of the bike and me landed out of the ditch with the bike pinning my leg. I was able to get it off my leg after a moment of panic without too much difficulty. Then I had to drag the back end out of the ditch, which ended up not being as hard as I thought it would be. Forgot to take a pic of that one. This route was listed as “intermediate” for ADV bikes, I found parts of it challenging on the 501, so I’m assuming the washouts are all new. Wouldn’t take a GS on this route in a million years.
    Where did you ride today?-img_9600-jpg
    Where did you ride today?-img_9605-jpg

A nice view on the way back to Basecamp
    Where did you ride today?-img_9607-jpg

Back at camp, rather dirty
    Where did you ride today?-img_9622-jpg

Back home, just a look at the luggage situation
    Where did you ride today?-img_9631-jpg

I have missed a lot of riding time this summer recovering from a knee injury, so this was by far my best moto experience of the year. The Rally aspect of the trip was ok, but the riding was great. I have lots more pics, but mostly just the bike in front of scenery, so I won’t bore you any more. This bike is awesome, I love it off-road, and I love it on-road with its current tire setup, even fully loaded with luggage and 4.5 gal of fuel and my fat ass. Can’t say enough good about it.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Don’t understand the random upside down pics, sorry.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    Here’s some pics from Dirtdaze. Had a good time overall.

Camp
    Where did you ride today?-img_9526-jpg
    What the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Husky 501 as I have it setup for light adv touring. The plastics all swap back to stock in 15-20 minutes, but I like to keep these on as beaters and keep the stock plastics fresh. The headlight takes a little longer to swap back, but the stock sucks anyway and I love this used Baja light I found on ebay. Adventure Spec mini fairing for wind/GPS mount.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Husky 501 as I have it setup for light adv touring. The plastics all swap back to stock in 15-20 minutes, but I like to keep these on as beaters and keep the stock plastics fresh. The headlight takes a little longer to swap back, but the stock sucks anyway and I love this used Baja light I found on ebay. Adventure Spec mini fairing for wind/GPS mount.
    It definitely looks ready to give it the bidness. I'd love to take something like that for a rip!

My brother is having his 30th annual Labor Day weekend bash, this year pig and corn again, Haven't decided method of getting there yet, last year I trailered my UTV with my K-Pipe in the bed of my Silverado, currently Silverado is in shop. I could tow with my Tacoma, or not take the UTV at all, and ride up on my AK550

good street and off road, his camp is about 3 miles off RT 58 in Lowell, VT, he owns over 300 acres, several miles of atv/sxs trails without even getting on to the state trail system

been bringing my utv since 2016, but last year I also went for a nice ride on my K-Pipe, he's only a couple miles from Hazel's Crotch (Hazen Notch)

decisions, I will be heading up the day before Friday 9/1 and returning Monday 9/4 probably decide on the Thursday before.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

It definitely looks ready to give it the bidness. I'd love to take something like that for a rip!
    The Husky 501 and KTM 500 have basically the same engine. You rode my KTM so you have an idea on power.

The big difference is the Husky has a linkage rear suspension and the KTM uses PDS (no linkage).

I forget if the front boingers are different between them but I know they've evolved since mine was built.

Last edited by ZX-12R; 08-22-23 at 12:27 PM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    The Husky 501 and KTM 500 have basically the same engine. You rode my KTM so you have an idea on power.

The big difference is the Husky has a linkage rear suspension and the KTM uses PDS (no linkage).

I forget if the front boingers are different between them but I know they've evolved since mine was built.
    Yeah, that thing is definitely a beast! I didn't really get to do much on yours (I was fuggin' BEAT from working on wood all day!), but holy FAHK! I'd never use all that power!

Pretty sure the front is the same, and also that the engines are identical. Rear suspension and subframe are the only non-styling differences of note that I’m aware of. Looks like on the ‘24s they’ll have the same subframe too.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Pretty sure the front is the same, and also that the engines are identical. Rear suspension and subframe are the only non-styling differences of note that I’m aware of. Looks like on the ‘24s they’ll have the same subframe too.
    Is the 501 fifty state legal like the 500 EXC or is it off road only like the 500 XCW? There is engine mapping differences between the EXC and XCW where the XCW kills more squirrels with emissions. My EXC had the XCW map loaded by the dealer before I even picked it up.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Is the 501 fifty state legal like the 500 EXC or is it off road only like the 500 XCW? There is engine mapping differences between the EXC and XCW where the XCW kills more squirrels with emissions. My EXC had the XCW map loaded by the dealer before I even picked it up.
    The FE501S is 50 state legal, just like the 500 EXCF. They do make an FE501 (non-S) that isn’t street legal and I believe has a different map. I think the Husky FC bikes are the equivalent of the XCW. Honestly, after a while I get lost in the alphabet soup, but the fe501s is almost identical to the 500 EXCF other than subframe, rear suspension, and cosmetics. When I was buying I was looking for either and went with the Husky because I found one in stock and with a $1000 incentive and there weren’t any new EXCs available in my area.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Impromptu Mt. Washington run yesterday. About 200 miles to & from my driveway. Incredible weather, very little traffic. May have even caught either a rescue or training mission at the last minute while we were on top of the Rock Pile.

*EDIT: We were gonna stop by your place off West Side Road Ed, but we remembered it was Wednesday and you'd likely not be around.

Where did you ride today?-mt-washington-2-8-23-a

Where did you ride today?-mt-washington-1-8-23-a

Where did you ride today?-mt-washington-4-8-23-a

Where did you ride today?-mt-washington-5-8-23-a

Where did you ride today?-mt-washington-view-1-jpg

no ride today, but I did order a Kermit chair, with leg extensions and a cup holder
    Where did you ride today?-kermits-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    no ride today, but I did order a Kermit chair, with leg extensions and a cup holder
    Where did you ride today?-kermits-jpg
    Dude, you're gonna destroy that thing. I've seen what you do to chairs! No offense intended. But seriously...

Dude, you're gonna destroy that thing. I've seen what you do to chairs! No offense intended. But seriously...
    5 year warranty even covers wear & tear, rated for 350 lbs.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lifer

My patience with the weather paid off. A 340 mile loop from Bridgton, ME up to the border crossing at Coburn Gore, NH

A few showers, but generally a terrific day to be out.

Where did you ride today?-8-26-2023-loop-jpg

Plus, this appeared on ME26 near Grafton Notch

Where did you ride today?-rainbow-jpg

Today I explored abandoned roads in central MA. One of them ended somewhat suddenly in what must have once been a bridge. Great ride, beautiful day.

Where did you ride today?-img_9705-jpg
    Where did you ride today?-img_9708-jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, I give up trying to post pics, lol

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Today I explored abandoned roads in central MA. One of them ended somewhat suddenly in what must have once been a bridge. Great ride, beautiful day.
    RECALCULATING!

Ugh, I give up trying to post pics, lol
    If it's from your phone, don't hold your phone "sideways" when you take the pics?

RECALCULATING!

If it's from your phone, don't hold your phone "sideways" when you take the pics?
    That’s how you get landscape shots. It’s never been an issue except here. And the one with me in it phone was being held upright.

2022 Husqvarna fe501s

That’s how you get landscape shots. It’s never been an issue except here. And the one with me in it phone was being held upright.
    Yeah, I get it. I'll pass this along to our technical advisor.