Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride In California???

Ride In California???

Help I am far from my bike and want to ride, it's 75 with clear sky's and Rt1 is only 1/2 hour from me......

Anybody out here in Cali? Got a spare bike?|
    Where can I rent a bike, a real bike, not a Hardley! I will rent a Hardley if thats my only option... But I wont be too happy about it...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Ride In California???

1. there are places in CA to rent bikes
    2. it would be helpful to know where in CA you are... it's a big state
    3. even Hardley places have Buells for rent, I'm told...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Ride In California???

check with the BMW dealers, they usualy have rentals at least there not hardleys or make believe sportbikes with hardley engines

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Ride In California???

Paul Gilbert is out there. Screw the PCH....get over to Angeles Crest highway immediately when you find a rental. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER ROAD TO RIDE! Not even the dragon. The Malibu canyons are nice but lots-o-chips!

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Ride In California???

My buddy out here said he knows we can rent Buell Blasts for $40/Day, Not bad for a piece of crap. I will be doing some research tonight to see about other rentals.

Randy, good idea I am going to stop at a BMW dealership on the way back to the hotel..

Ryan, how far of a ride from Orange County are those roads? Is this something possible for day trips? We only get sundays off. I may be able to get a whole weekend paid off this weekend, My bud cant thou, he's the boos working 6/10 hour days. If I get this weekend off I will get a bike and head to San Fran. First I have to buy a chasity belt, I am a little nervous about any rest stops!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Ride In California???

Orange county is roughly 6-7 hours from San Fran (on the 5 freeway not the PCH......PCH more like 12hrs). Your smack dab between LA and SD, and your buddy Ryan has an alternative. If you cannot make Angeles Crest Highway (which is in the Angeles National Forest). Take highway 74. This takes you from the 5 (coastal major hwy) to the 15 (inland major hwy). You follow 15 north to San Bernardino and connect with 138. This will get you into the San Bernardino/Angeles Natl forest area. Follow it to Wrightwood. There is a cafe on 138 called the MountainTop Cafe (good breakfast joint). The entrance to Angeles Crest Highway is like 100-200 yards beyond the restaurant. This will begin a 50 mile journey of the BEST road in america. OR the alternative, you could head south on 15 to 76 to get to Palomar Mtn. This is in SD county. This place was my stomping ground.....awesome twisties up the front side and faster twisties off the backside. There is a vegetarian cafe(I know) and observatory at the top. I would recommend Angeles Crest.....roughly same distance away from OC but night and day.....its that good. If your preference is the PCH then go for it. It's the only north/south road in California worth travelling. Most scenery, but cages galore at times. If you go that route, stop in Monterey and do the Pebble Beach coast. They call it either 13 or 18 mile drive...I forget. Spectacular scenery. But its asking alot for a day trip. Or you could drive 4 hours north on 15 and get FUBAR in Vegas....

Have fun and don't go to the strip joints....they don't allow lap dances anymore!

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Ride In California???

Thanks Ryan

The SanFran Trip would be my weekend adventure, possibly this weekend, I wouldn't try a day trip there! The other roads I am going to try to do with my buddy, he has been asking me when I will be out here long enough to take some bikes out for a day!

Oh I know about CA Strip clubs, they are very expensive. Vegas's are kewl though! Crazy Horse II is the only one in Vegas I have been too. They get.

Thanks for the info Ryan. Huge help!

As for the Vegas thing. Did that last year in Nov, had three days off and went to Vegas while being paid! I enjoyed it, but I ussually travel for business alone so that trip ended up being solo as well, it's not as fun doing things like that alone..

Anyone want to fly to and meet me in Vegas on the 31st? Ten I will be flying home either Nov 3rd or 4rth. I'll pay for the hotel room with two beds. I dont think I'll be spending too much time in the room though! That there is a party town! Oh I will have a car rental that is already paid for as well!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Ride In California???

If you know someone you can still get lap dances... damn If I wasn't a chick I would be all set...

Ride In California???

Originally posted by rocker
    If you know someone you can still get lap dances... damn If I wasn't a chick I would be all set...
    Do refferences work? Who do ya know & Where?

www.tailofthedragon.com

Ride In California???

My GF Patty she is supposed to be meeting me in Daytona for a couple of days, I will find out where she is working right now.. I have to call her later today..

Ride In California???

Originally posted by rocker
    My GF Patty she is supposed to be meeting me in Daytona for a couple of days, I will find out where she is working right now.. I have to call her later today..
    Oh the chick in Vegas.. I am not sure if I am still going there?
    I do not want to go alone again..
    If I do go thats good info to have!

www.tailofthedragon.com