I have concluded that maybe I don't stop often enough or long enough to take pictures. And that I'm a crappy photographer too! So I only have 3 pics to post up from this ride and I don't think anyone else had a camera!

So, 6 of us left Seacoast at 8:30 on the dot. Everyone was on time and arrived gassed up and ready to go!

Rich B
Zoltan F.
Toby C.
Terry L
Alan H
Dave M

A quick blast up 93/101 from Derry and on to nice back roads to 13, 103 and 107.

On 107 we closed up on an ST3 heading the same direction. As I pulled up next to him I looked over and made some sort of hand gesture meant to ask whether he was one of the people we were hooking up with further on. I got what I took to be an affirmative, gave a thumbs up, and pulled on into the lead.

I was fortunate to have Toby, with his easy to see Red Helmet, running sweep and I expected the ST2 to fall into line somewhere.

When we got to the Pizza Chef in Andover where we were to meet 3 others the ST3 wasn't with us and Toby told me he was waved on by! I figured I had made a mistake and that he wasn't part of our group!

Within 10 minutes Frank and Nick pulled in followed shortly by Chris on the ST3! So he WAS with us!

It was cool in the morning and because we were heading north as the day advanced it never warmed up to the point where anyone was shedding layers. Then, as we headed south the day waned and stayed on the cool side!

The good news was we avoided all the NASCAR traffic and although we were held up occaisionally it was never for long. I also had one VERY minor misdirection from my ZUMO and had to rely on Frank (again) to get me pointed in right direction. However, no dirt roads were harmed in the making of THIS ride.

We stopped again in Rummney at the intersection of 118 and 25. There is a gas station there and we thought we might meet up with Nate and Adam. There was no sign of them but I was intrigued by this cute hatted Harley rider and had my picture taken for the record!

Chris peeled of shortly after this stop to head back east on 118/112. The rest of us pressed on taking 25a then 10 north through Orford and Littleton, arriving in Lancaster a little after noon. After confering with the troops, and a short bio break, we hopped on Rt. 2 on into St. Johnsbury where, to my dismay, the restaraunt I was aiming for was closed as was the Moose River Lodge Store next door! (...treasure hunt...go to my website and find the pictures taken in the Moose River Lodge store last year and post em up...!)

All was not lost as there was a diner on the next block and where we had a quick and acceptable meal before mounting back up, refueling, and straightening Rt. 5 south for a ton of miles. This stretch was great. We ran an section of about 30 miles with no traffic in front at all. Remarkable, windy (not twisty) roads through alluvial farm country with dairy herds and corn fields to the right and rolling meadows and the river to the left.

The group all stopped and hid behind a store around White River Junction. I looked in my mirror and there was no one. I turned around and there they all were at the gas station, smoking, pissing, and generally faking off.

At this point all but Terry and Toby decided to jump on 89 and slab it home. We stayed on 5 all the way to Brattleboro. From there it was a bit of a slog on 101 east where Terry parted ways in Milford and Toby left me in Nashua.

Great day all told.

Miles (me) = 429 portal to portal
Crashes = 0
Tickets = 0
Pictures = not enough

Later all...consider the last Seacoast ride of the season...Covered Bridges and Trebuchet co-led by Skip W!!!

Dave