Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Long ride report

Long ride report

Faster and I had a 500++ mile trip today. Ended up zig-zaging through NH to hit some of the usual suspects, then to VT. Rode 17 a few times and then back and forth over 125 and 73. Rode back route 30 along western Vermont.

Only incident was getiting pulled over, and it happed on the one road we were trying to take it easy on. We were on Center road in NH. Twisty and fresh pavement, but the trees had craped stuff on the road and there was gravel spread across some of the corners. So we slowed way down. Anyway, a cop pulls us over and asks "is there some sort of emergency, why are you going so fast?" I thought you have to be kidding me. WTF?

Apparently, he had us at 40 in a 30. (this was not through a town or anything, it was in the middle of no where). Thankfully, for the first time in Faster's life, we only got a verbal warning. The Cop gave us a speech about slowing down so that we don't kill anyone or ourselves. It was almost unreal.

So, if you ever find yourself on this road. Get off the bike and push it. But, be careful not to walk too fast.

Otherwise...Great Frickn Day.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wookie; 06-23-07 at 10:16 PM.

Long ride report

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Faster and I had a 500++ mile trip today. Ended up zig-zaging through NH to hit some of the usual suspects, then to VT. Rode 17 a few times and then back and forth over 125 and 73. Rode back route 30 along western Vermont.

Only incident was getting pulled over.

Apparently, he had us at 40 in a 30.
    Good Job! Now you've made all Sport Bikers look like ....law breaking.....low life ......Ricky Racer punks. And I suppose you both had on Full Ricky Racer Leathers?

Long ride report

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Good Job! Now you've made all Sport Bikers look like ....law breaking.....low life ......Ricky Racer punks. And I suppose you both had on Full Ricky Racer Leathers?
    shut up you stupid squid i bet you haven't even ridden your bike in like a month because of some stupid excuse

and whatcha talking bout ricky racer leather? i seen you starring at the bulge in my leathers

sooooo any way the ride was sweet. nice comfortable relaxing ride with a 20 over average. it was cool to go with just two of us and not have egos and testosterone pushing people to ride over their heads and crash. vt has some of the best roads i have ridden. way out in the middle of no where AND good pavement. rt17 is worth the ride up just to hit the mountain and the couple miles on either side of it. but i think the next time out that way i would want to 17 quicker and then into ny to the road thats name is not to be mentioned.

i do think that the 14 hour trip was maybe an hour or two too long, but hell nothing a couple ibuprofens and a couple beers can't fix it wascool to find 17 because i went from 1/2" to about 1/8" of chicken strip

so
    5,372 dead bugs
    1,070 miles
    countless roads
    30 gallons of gas
    14 hours
    2 riders
    1 good lunch
    1 great day

Last edited by Wishbone; 06-24-07 at 05:57 PM.
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Long ride report

You arrived home at 10:00 pm ? I suppose your ass was sore, and you passed out with your boots on.......leaving your poor wife hanging?

So..... did you get your fix.....or did it just make you want to ride some more?

Long ride report

Not many pictures.

That lunch place was fantastic. It is about 10 miles (guess) from the top of 17 going west (great food). The owner was funny. He asked what we were up to and was shocked that we would drive all the way up there just for the day.

I was pretty happy with the pace. Fast in the twisties and restrained in the straights. It was a slightly agressive pace, but we didn't do anything stupid.

Oh, and I do believe that wearing full leathers contributed to getting pulled over.

Long ride report

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    You arrived home at 10:00 pm ? I suppose your ass was sore, and you passed out with your boots on.......leaving your poor wife hanging?

So..... did you get your fix.....or did it just make you want to ride some more?
    damn near fell asleep with boots on. and no the fix is never fixed

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post

Oh, and I do believe that wearing full leathers contributed to getting pulled over.
    yeah but the fact that either of us could pass for the poster child of milky white crackers is probably why we didn't get a ticket

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~