Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride Report: Covered Bridges!!!

Ride Report: Covered Bridges!!!

Yesterday (10/17/10) I was fortunate enough to embark on a journey with the largest NESR group I've ever ridden with. Of course, a group this large could only be led by the one and only Dave Michaud, known to us as "DucDave."

This was such an incredible ride; I only wish you could have seen what I saw: such scenic twisty roads -all new and fresh to me. The weather cooperated with us 99.89% of the time, we had some mean looking clouds and were hit with a few rain drops at one point (literally, 30 tiny rain drop. I was probably the only one that noticed). I'd say the weather was in the low 60's for a majority of the day. We had no incidents, tickets, or major problems. This was truly and EPIC ride; I expected nothing less from Dave.

I'll be honest, for the majority of the ride I had no idea where I was. We hit 12 different covered bridges, all different kinds of roads, the dirt ones being my least favorite; my baby wasn't built for rough terrain. I'm use to doing 15 or 20 mph on dirt, not 40! Regardless, the dirt roads were part of the route and made it that much more interesting.

Most of the 38 riders that were on the ride met up at Seacoast Sport Cycles at 8:45am... I, of course, was fashionably late (Sorry Dave!).

Although Dave's rides are usually fairly long, they're painless for the most part due to the frequent breaks he takes.

After about 100 miles or so we took our first fuel break... I'm always amazed at how fast we get in and out.

Some of the brighter guys fueled up at the Citgo across the street (shorter lines).

We eventually stopped at a motorcycle shop that belongs to a friend of Dave's.

There were a few bikes inside the shop that were restored by Walt Sielgal (shop owner).

Just up the street from Walt's shop was the Harrisville General Store... for a General Store they had a pretty awesome selection for lunch.

Brett! The line was so long he finished his meal by the time he reached the register.

Kenn! Or at least the back of Kenn's head. Thanks for lunch again buddy!

Some of the guys eating their lunches outside the store.

Before the start of our ride Dave said something along the lines of "... if we stopped at all the bridges, this ride would never end, but we will stop at 3 or 4 of them." This was the ONLY bridge that we stopped at. Thanks for nothing Dave!

Lisa (lucky victim that we chose) snapped this awesome group picture of us in front of the bridge.

This was our second and final fuel stop of our ride.

Our leader Dave sharing some touching words with the group. We hit a few more roads after this before we all went our separate ways.

Total miles ridden from the time I left my house in the morning until the time I returned in the evening:

Total time I spent on the bike:

We did some real dirty riding at one point and this was the result:

I'd like to thank Dave for another memorable and inspiring ride. I'd also like to thank the great riders of NESR that joined us on this incredible journey. This was a safe and spirited (at times) ride, we turned heads all day and even with the cagers slowing us down on some of the twisties, I think I speak for everyone when I say I couldn't imagine a better ride to end the season with. I look forward to riding with all of you next season, you are, in fact, my two wheeled family after all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Re: Ride Report: Covered Bridges!!!

Sweet writeup Junior

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Well done Junior. Many thanks!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Sweet writeup Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Well done Junior. Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by solgirl View Post

Very good Junior! You are welcome or as the "kids" say today no problem for the lunch!

Thanks again Dave!

Once again this and other great Seacoast Sport Cycle rides was populated with the Collective family of riders! Cheers!

Wow sounds and looked like a great ride! Awsome write up!!

K8 GSXR 600

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Looked like a great ride up until the point you got muddy... not my idea of a good time to ride sportbikes off road (I realize not everyone was riding a sportbike).

I like to keep everyone on pavement.

There were a few decent large group rides this year on NESR...

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Looked like a great ride up until the point you got muddy... not my idea of a good time to ride sportbikes off road (I realize not everyone was riding a sportbike).

...thanks for sharing...

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post

All the dirt roads where fine and a local did confirm the one with the "puddle" was fine as well. I am not confident riding dirt but had no problem doing 40+ mph, besides it's fun to take sportbikes off roading for a few miles and spinning the rear tire.

My Klr had no problem with the puddle